Carnival Adds Popular Seafood Shack to Seven Cruise Ships

LauraS

This is good news because I love seafood. Bad news is that you have to pay for meals here. I wonder what they are going to take away from these ships to add the seafood shack.

I imagine it would be that fish and chips place above the lido buffet? I used to like it but it was seldom used. Also, it isn't clear from the article if everything is going to be extra or just some of the items?

Just got off the Conquest and the old fish and chips on deck 10 is now a free BBQ place, the seafood shack is in back of Lido where they used to do omelets in the morning. I had the clams and they were pretty good. They had whole snapper also.

On the Vista it's in the back where the Tandoori is on the Breeze and Dream.

Yes you pay extra, but you get to avoid the greasy, overbreaded fish and chips. IMO, the 2 lobster rolls plus fries for $12 was a good deal. Cheaper and better than the lobster roll I choked down for twice the price at Logan airport last fall.

So are they already on all these ships or are they coming?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

On the ships listed in the article.

And I get the sense of loss of a "free" dining option, but IMO, the best thing about the old fish n chips was the ceviche. Fish and oysters were heavily breaded, which soaked up the fryer grease and the buns were greasy too. Used to grab a ton of napkins, peel off the breading, toss the bun and grab some tortillas from Blue Iguana to make own fish tacos. Just ate the oysters sans breading.