Getaway Haven - Courtyard Or Not?

BostonGal35

So Getaway has Haven rooms that are in the Courtyard, and many that are not, but still have Courtyard Access (specifically the aft facing master bedroom suite and the forward penthouse).

Pros and Cons to being in the Courtyard, other than the convenience of having it right there? The aft suites are clearly going to be a decent hike to the Courtyard. WHen you look at square footage teh rooms in teh courtyard are much smaller, so you are probably paying for the convenience of being right there, which i suppose if you have kids or are handicapped, makes sense.

Just looking for some feedback. We really did not like Getaway the one time we sailed her, but given the limited itineraries the first week of September, 2018 we are faced with either this ship or Alaska which we do not want to do again. So we figured perhaps a Haven experience would make it better, and its my fiance's 50th birthday, so why not?

In my case (family of 4), I prefer the H6 over the H4. The fact that the H6 is less expensive is a bonus. The location inside of the Haven (H4) doesn't match the balcony of the H6. The H4 is also larger but with 2 small children, the H6 is fine.

Every H class stateroom has plusses and minuses. Weigh the differences and decide for yourself. ANY Haven stateroom (H9, H7, H6,) that is outside of the Haven will provide a much different experience than non-Haven staterooms. I think that the Haven on Getaway will change your opinion of the ship.

the H6 is the one im eyeing. i figured with a balcony like that, who needs the courtyard. we'd really only use the hot tub anyway, adn again, its there if we want it, just need to walk.

some have commented on other threads that the service isnt as great from your butler if you are in a suite that is not in the haven. have you found that to be the case?

In my case, the H6 butler was great. The issue(s) that some have is that the butler that serves the H6 area has many staterooms to cover. If he/she is busy with other H6 guests, there could be a wait. A solution to that is to make butler requests in advance. The butler will take care of those requests first then deal with " on the fly" requests. You can call, leave a note, or speak to the butler in person with requests.

The location isn't a factor. A good or great butler in a H6 will be better than a fair or poor butler in a H4. It's impossible to know how the butler will be based just on location. They don't put the "good" butlers in one area and the "bad" butlers for outside staterooms. IIRC, they rotate.

also - any preference on decks for the H6? to balconies shrink as you increase deck level?

It isn't quite that simple. There are 2 different room configurations for the H6 depending on deck and balcony size varies. The order from deepest to least deep is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13.

If you prefer the master bathroom with a balcony view, pick deck 9, 10, 12, 13,

If you prefer the master bedroom near the balcony with a 2nd access door to the balcony, pick deck 11 or 14.

That is for Getaway and Breakaway. Escape is different.

My wife and I looked this situation over very carefully.. we stayed several times in the aft penthouse on the Getaway..... and then stayed in the Courtyard on the ship to see if it was really better IN the Haven area... the answer for us is that we have booked the aft penthouse again.... can't beat the size of the aft penthouse especially with the second bathroom....my wife loves the huge bathroom with 2 picture windows over the tub and shower... 9 is a great floor....just a quick hop down 1 flight to 8 where restaurants and bars are located... there's a great convenience to being in the Haven but the ROOM for us was the deciding factor

Ranger/Two Wheels, thank you, this is super helpful. The floor plan online shows the bathroom in the back with no windows. So there are some then, from what you are telling me, that have the bathroom in the front with windows? I will say that is what i loved about the H4 - the tub by the window, etc.

The butlers do have to bring most of the stuff from the forward butler pantry on 16 to the aft via one or two limited routes. However, as said, your service is going to depend on how good the butler is and how busy he is, not location per se.

Can't speak to GA, but on BA was told they rotate rooms every 2 weeks.

Edited by dexddd

So this past week was our second time in a Haven Courtyard suite. Once on Escape and last week on Getaway. Loved the Haven area so much that we did spend a majority of our time in the Haven private Bar area, Haven restaurant and Haven outdoor lounging area, just such beautiful spaces. Our friends were staying in one of the Aft Haven suites and they felt really left out having to walk the entire length of the ship to join in. They also mentioned that they felt as if they were "sneaking in" to The Haven. They did have a Butler in the back but they said that it felt different. So we are committed to being right in the courtyard area even though that balcony is amazing in the back! :)

Your correct... after I posted it I realized there were no posts...I have been on 9 and 12 on the getaway...i'm thinking now that that picture is the Aft I balcony on the escape...not nearly as deep as the getaway balconies on 9 and 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on 9 and 12 on the getaway...i'm thinking now that that picture is the Aft I balcony on the escape...not nearly as deep as the getaway balconies on 9 and 12

I had H6 on Escape deck 12 but I can't tell from the picture that you posted if that is Getaway or Escape (it's Miami, though :D).

On Escape, the H6 2nd lounger is a plain blue "pool lounger" but on Getaway, the 2nd lounger is also padded. In your picture, I only see 1 lounger. The 2nd one is there but I can't see it.

We just stayed in a forward facing penthouse with adjoining balcony room on deck 11 last week.

Loved it!! The rooms are much bigger than courtyard rooms and the walk to the forward stair/elevator wasn't that bad, even for my mother.

I'd have a hard time giving up that much space for a courtyard room. The forward facing does have a small balcony but the living area and bathroom make up for it.

Only stayed in aft penthouse family of 4 with 11 and 13 year old the private bed and bath for adults with the kids sharing small bath was great we had the bedroom near patio so we had access to balcony while sleeper sofa was open and kids asleep. Walk to courtyard not a problem and now hard to go back to not having at least a one bedroom suite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love staying in the actual Haven but at the end of the month, we (my mom and I) are staying in an H9 (Spa Haven).

When my dh and I sail in July on Escape, we will be "in" the Haven on Deck 17 and that is where we want to be, in the actual Haven.

For those of you that have that wonderful, large balcony and spend most of your time on there instead of the actual Haven, are you paying the extra high prices just for the larger cabin/balcony? My dh and I (and my mom and I) enjoy spending our time in the Haven, breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner.

We usually hang around there during the day and venture out at night.

Thanks.

We love staying in the actual Haven but at the end of the month, we (my mom and I) are staying in an H9 (Spa Haven).

When my dh and I sail in July on Escape, we will be "in" the Haven on Deck 17 and that is where we want to be, in the actual Haven.

For those of you that have that wonderful, large balcony and spend most of your time on there instead of the actual Haven, are you paying the extra high prices just for the larger cabin/balcony? My dh and I (and my mom and I) enjoy spending our time in the Haven, breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner.

We usually hang around there during the day and venture out at night.

Thanks.

No we are paying extra high prices for the larger cabin/balcony

Courtyard penthouse can not accommodate 4 people and the aft penthouse is roughly a 1000 or so less than 2 bedroom

The 5 minute or so walk to back of ship no biggie and the large balcony is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Forums