How is the library on the Royal Princess?

islandwoman

When we were on the Royal in October there was only 2 shelves that had some books to check out.  Also so small that you couldn't even get in because of the passengers doing puzzles.  More games than books.

Really disappointed!  Such a large ship and such a small library...

On 7/30/2017 at 1:01 PM, islandwoman said:

Too late I discovered that I couldn't read the library e-books that I had borrowed for the trip unless I was online.

Forgive the small detour...Here is a tip to solve this issue ( provided your local library participates). Download the Libby App ( this is the public library app) also download the Kindle App if you are not using a Kindle. When you check out library books through Libby you will be given the option of reading in the Libby app or Kindle.  If you choose kindle the book will be sent to your Kindle or device with Kindle App and downloaded to your ereader and you can now read it offline.   I hope this is helpful. 

Now back to the original topic... either load plenty of books on your ereader or bring paperbacks.  It’s slim pickings in the library! 

Edited by Shelly97060

10 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

QV has a good one, too.

BTW, I honeymooned at Kona Village over Memorial Day weekend, 1971. Beautiful place. So sad it's gone.

Kona Village is gone??  Oh No!  I was there in 1959 and again several years later.  It holds so many special memories for me/

You will have a problem if someone has taken out the book. 

I agree that the only way to read on a cruise is to load a bunch of books onto your Kindle.  The problem is that at least in our library that you can only check out books for 21 days.  If you are doing a longer cruise and your do not have free internet and if you have a lot of sea days on the cruise - you will go totally bonkers w nothing to do after your 21 days are up.

DON