What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Yes, it's still considered a suite. We have all the perks that we had before. :)

Actually, it is more like a suite than the aft penthouse. Some of the suites are just oversized rooms and the 2BR has 2 bedrooms with doors, plus a living room area.

Not sure what the aft penthouse has. If it is one of the larger rooms, then you made a SERIOUS UPGRADE going to the 2BR. Having 3 separate rooms makes everything much nicer.

We're on the Getaway Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen, June 3, and just now received notice (through an email from NCL) that our upgrade bid was accepted. We're going from an MB, mini-suite with balcony, to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse with balcony (H5.)

My bid was in the mid "fair" range, and will be a significant savings over what it would have originally cost. I'd have been fine with the mini-suite, but the hubby is thrilled beyond words. Will make for a nice anniversary cruise.

Reporting in on my upgrade experience... I bid on 3 cabins, 2 haven's (way out of my league, bid the lowest possible) and 1 non-haven suite. Recieved the news today that I "won" the non-haven suite bid. Having a tiny bit of buyers remorse, as I know that prices have dropped, but didn't try to call and upgrade without a fee. My bid just barely hit the "fair" mark. I did note that there were at least 5 of these suites available to book when I did a mock booking.

We're on the same cruise. We had a MB Mini Suite and Bid on a H4 2 bedroom (min) a regular 2 bedroom suite (min) and a penthouse (between poor and fair) and we got the SE penthouse. We had the GV last time we went to Alaska, so I was concerned about going without the suite perks this time.

Actually, it is more like a suite than the aft penthouse. Some of the suites are just oversized rooms and the 2BR has 2 bedrooms with doors, plus a living room area.

Not sure what the aft penthouse has. If it is one of the larger rooms, then you made a SERIOUS UPGRADE going to the 2BR. Having 3 separate rooms makes everything much nicer.

The Aft penthouse is just larger room, with the coffee maker, table and chairs, etc, and the butler and concierge. The best part is the Aft balcony, which is huge (we had one on a recent trip to Bermuda). I hope we don't miss the balcony size, but have a feeling the weather isn't going to be so nice at to be out there lounging all day. My son will be very happy to have his own room!

On 5/25 9 night Baltic on the Getaway, we moved from Balcony to Owners Suite (H3) with minimum bid (i.e poor on the meter) of $1,500 p/p. So excited to get a chance to enjoy Haven at deep discount and hoping for warming weather. The Getaway haven courtyard does not have a retractable roof from what I've seen in pictures.

To anyone who has been awarded upgrade or called to upgrade:

When you receive an upgrade through bidding process are there any additional admin fees or other charges added when you are the winning bid? Likewise do they charge additional fees....etc. if you phone for direct upgrade?

To anyone who has been awarded upgrade or called to upgrade:

When you receive an upgrade through bidding process are there any additional admin fees or other charges added when you are the winning bid? Likewise do they charge additional fees....etc. if you phone for direct upgrade?

No additional fees. I bid $1250/person and got hit for $2500 exactly.

How does this whole Bidding thing go? Do I automatically receive an email about upgrades? I would love to stay Haven (at a discounted price) How do you bid? How do you know its accepted & would you automatically receive all the extras (i.e. internet package, dining pac, drink etc) Also do you only pay upgrade on the first 2 people? (we have 2 adults and 1 child) I have no idea how any of this works.

Also do you only pay upgrade on the first 2 people? (we have 2 adults and 1 child) I have no idea how any of this works.

Yup, you bid 'per person', but if you have more than two people in the cabin, only the first two are charged. Similarly, if you have less than two people per cabin, they charge you for two regardless.

Not sure why they don't just simplify things and make it a 'per cabin' charge, since that's what it is already.

Probably because smaller numbers look better.

How does this whole Bidding thing go? Do I automatically receive an email about upgrades? I would love to stay Haven (at a discounted price) How do you bid? How do you know its accepted & would you automatically receive all the extras (i.e. internet package, dining pac, drink etc) Also do you only pay upgrade on the first 2 people? (we have 2 adults and 1 child) I have no idea how any of this works.

Pretty sure all of those questions have been asked and answered a few times in this thread.

Just scroll back a page or two.

Woo Hoo! Just received an email that my bid was accepted for our 5/21 sailing to Alaska on Norwegian Pearl. We were originally booked in an oceanview stateroom and we got upgraded to a mid-ship mini-suite for $210 per person ($440 total). I am beyond excited! I also bid $200 per person for a balcony room so I was surprised to get the mini suite for only $40 more. I hope that others on this sailing are getting good news today.

I NEVER thought I'd be posting here that I won an upgrade! I only bid $10 over the absolute minimum bid, the gauge showed way to the left in the "poor" range. I consider winning this a miracle from God! I am on the same sailing as Viggy and just as excited! I placed a minimum bid for a Haven family suite too, but I actually prefer this one - less expensive and we are sailing with relatives who wouldn't be able to share the Haven features with us anyway. Travelling with 2 adult children will be much more comfortable in a suite!

Just got an email that my bid was accepted to upgrade from balcony to mini suite on the Escape this coming Saturday. I did it on a whim & didn't really care one way or another. I had all but forgotten about it, too many other things to think about. Now I'm getting REALLY excited about our cruise!

On the 9 day Getaway Baltic cruise on May 26th and got an upgrade from mini-suite to Forward facing haven penthouse for nearly the minimum bid. I bid $510 per person, to hopefully get someone else out by 10 bucks! Got the email today. WOO our first haven experience (even though it is not really in the haven)

I just got my upgrade offer. We aren't sure if we will bid or not as we have a B1 on deck 9 so it won't be heartbreaking if we don't get it.

Can anyone please tell me how long the offer to bid is available? I feel like I have to rush to put in a bid but I think I have a couple of days at least before it disappears.

Woo Hoo! Just received an email that my bid was accepted for our 5/21 sailing to Alaska on Norwegian Pearl. We were originally booked in an oceanview stateroom and we got upgraded to a mid-ship mini-suite for $210 per person ($440 total). I am beyond excited! I also bid $200 per person for a balcony room so I was surprised to get the mini suite for only $40 more. I hope that others on this sailing are getting good news today.

I have to wonder if you got our room. We just gave up our mini suite on the same sailing to upgrade to an SE suite. Yeah!!

I just got my upgrade offer. We aren't sure if we will bid or not as we have a B1 on deck 9 so it won't be heartbreaking if we don't get it.

Can anyone please tell me how long the offer to bid is available? I feel like I have to rush to put in a bid but I think I have a couple of days at least before it disappears.

Normally NCL response back to the bidder the week prior to leaving if your bid has been accepted. The bid "ribbon" will stay up until that time given you the opportunity to either reduce, increase or cancel your bid.

I'm 73 days out from my cruise on the Escape and I have not received an offer to bid. Pretty sure I read people have been receiving offers at 80 days? I am in Canada and booked through a travel agent so maybe that is why I haven't received an offer?