What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

That's great! It says on the FAQs that latitudes points are based on the original reservation. I'll cross my fingers that we are given the extra points, as well, as this will bump me up a tier. :)

I think you are correct, I have upgraded twice to a Haven cabin (both upsells) and both times did not receive the extra latitude points for the Haven.

This whole new process of bidding is very frustrating. I bid minimal on an upgrade from inside to balcony for cruise two weeks from today. Not knowing until 2 days before is really annoying. This is our first inside cabin. We have always done balconies or above except last cruise was an ocean view which we hated due to the location of these cabins. We did not really miss the balcony though. So we decided to try the inside this trip. If we don't get the balcony I am fine with it. Hoping we will be happy with the inside and save money on future ncl cruises. This new system of not knowing until 2 days before your cruise stinks. Won't bid again. Rather just stay in the cabin we pick next time. Also not being able to know what cabin you will get if you do win the bid is also scary.

I was also going to bid from and inside to a balcony, but i noticed the prices to my cruise continued to drop. I called ncl and it was $360 total to upgrade but i would get 100 dollars onboard credit. My plan was to bid 130 a person anyway since that was the low end of the fair range. I also had already paid for the dining package already and got the money back for that since it was an added perk. So rather then bidding i was happy i could pick my cabin, get my dining package, and get 100 onboard credit all of which i would not have gotten had i bid. This may work during the busier seasons but its worth looking into.

The FAQs say you get points for original reservation. If you got extra, consider yourself LUCKY and do believe this is policy.

Perhaps the poster who showed extra points for the Haven had actually booked on a Latitudes Insider cruise. I've been surprised before that I had extra points as I don't usually look for those Insider cruises.

This whole new process of bidding is very frustrating. I bid minimal on an upgrade from inside to balcony for cruise two weeks from today. Not knowing until 2 days before is really annoying. This is our first inside cabin. We have always done balconies or above except last cruise was an ocean view which we hated due to the location of these cabins. We did not really miss the balcony though. So we decided to try the inside this trip. If we don't get the balcony I am fine with it. Hoping we will be happy with the inside and save money on future ncl cruises. This new system of not knowing until 2 days before your cruise stinks. Won't bid again. Rather just stay in the cabin we pick next time. Also not being able to know what cabin you will get if you do win the bid is also scary.

Hi hladygirl.. I think we are on the same cruise, Boston to Bermuda?? If so, we bid on a balcony from an inside IC and received our upgrade to a BA on May 5th. I'm not sure what that means...probably that we overbid. I feel your frustration. I was very surprised that we got notified that early. I hope you have success.

Perhaps the poster who showed extra points for the Haven had actually booked on a Latitudes Insider cruise. I've been surprised before that I had extra points as I don't usually look for those Insider cruises.

I had the same thought. I am fairly confident points are awarded based upon the originally booking.

We booked 9 months out. And, at the time we booked, NCL was still offering an extra point per night for booking so far in advance. So, we will be getting double points, regardless of our Haven status. Had we originally booked the Haven, we would have gotten triple points.

Based on information provided on NCL's website, I am not expecting any extra points or other extras (ex: additional "free at sea" promotions) for winning our bid upgrade. But I will happily enjoy the perks of being a Haven guest!

Hi hladygirl.. I think we are on the same cruise, Boston to Bermuda?? If so, we bid on a balcony from an inside IC and received our upgrade to a BA on May 5th. I'm not sure what that means...probably that we overbid. I feel your frustration. I was very surprised that we got notified that early. I hope you have success.

What did you bid?

I'm leaving on the Dawn 3/26, and have bids in for an ov and a balcony. Last week there were many rooms available in both categories, but now they all say sold out.

I am also on this cruise and am very sure we will not get an upgrade but am fine with it. I booked through CAS and will have a week away of complete R&R for cheap cost. Our next cruise will be a fourteen night Caribbean Boston to Boston. We booked on our own for a BA balcony. No need to upgrade from there.

I am also on this cruise and am very sure we will not get an upgrade but am fine with it. I booked through CAS and will have a week away of complete R&R for cheap cost. Our next cruise will be a fourteen night Caribbean Boston to Boston. We booked on our own for a BA balcony. No need to upgrade from there.

Mine is also through CAS. I already had March on the BA and Oct on the Dawn booked through CAS. This one was through twin river. They only give an inside room with their certificate so stuck with it. I kind of promised my husband this would be a cheap cruise, since it wasn't planned.

What did you bid?

I think it was in the low/fair range (if that is even the category). Initially we paid $909.00 and my bid was an additional $205.00/pp. We were in an inside on deck 12 which I thought would be a great area for an inside. I may have bid too much but it should still be cheaper than if I booked the balcony initially.

I got the email to put in a bid on a pretty much last minute cruise in mid-June that I just booked earlier this week. I put in a really low ball bid, I'm happy with what I booked, but would take something if it was offered.

However the cruise is showing sold out and is no longer listed on the NCL website. So is NCL just planning ahead for any possible cancellations in higher categories so they can make money by people bidding to move up their bookings? Following that logic through, are they overbooking the lower categories in case they become available? There are other threads on other forums about recent overbooking by the cruiselines. They would have to hit me over the head and drag me off to stop me getting on the cruise! Someone tell me I'm just overthinking it....

I posted earlier about my upgrade offer being accepted (high end of poor) from balcony (bc) to mini suite (Mb). Let's say my bid was $1 per person, and my credit card was charged the $2 right away.

My travel agent just gave me a call and said that they only charged half of it ($2) and that I need to pay an additional $2 to have that mini suite. Upgrade department is closed right now, so this can't get straightened out tonight.

Has this happened to anyone else? What ended up happening? I still have the email saying what my bid was, as well as the confirmation email of the suite upgrade for $1/pp, so I feel as though I'm on solid ground, but want to see if anyone has any feedback on this.

I posted earlier about my upgrade offer being accepted (high end of poor) from balcony (bc) to mini suite (Mb). Let's say my bid was $1 per person, and my credit card was charged the $2 right away.

My travel agent just gave me a call and said that they only charged half of it ($2) and that I need to pay an additional $2 to have that mini suite. Upgrade department is closed right now, so this can't get straightened out tonight.

Has this happened to anyone else? What ended up happening? I still have the email saying what my bid was, as well as the confirmation email of the suite upgrade for $1/pp, so I feel as though I'm on solid ground, but want to see if anyone has any feedback on this.

It sure sounds as if someone screwed up and not you. I'll be interested to hear what you're told when you call tomorrow. You seem to have all the necessary proof. Good luck.

So I'm currently in an Family Inside cabin (not because we have kids, but because it was the only mid ship left when we booked) and got the offer to bid on an upgrade to a balcony. So I put in a bid for a little over the minimum, $60 pp. So now when i price it out, I see balcony rooms are the same price as we paid for the Inside room. So I'm thinking of just calling them to see if they'll upgrade me because i'm afraid of getting all the way forward or aft because of the motion.

My questions is, should I just call and see if they'll upgrade me? Do you think they'll do it? They're selling balcony rooms for the same price I paid. Do I have a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm cruising on BA on 6/4.

So I'm currently in an Family Inside cabin (not because we have kids, but because it was the only mid ship left when we booked) and got the offer to bid on an upgrade to a balcony. So I put in a bid for a little over the minimum, $60 pp. So now when i price it out, I see balcony rooms are the same price as we paid for the Inside room. So I'm thinking of just calling them to see if they'll upgrade me because i'm afraid of getting all the way forward or aft because of the motion.

My questions is, should I just call and see if they'll upgrade me? Do you think they'll do it? They're selling balcony rooms for the same price I paid. Do I have a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm cruising on BA on 6/4.

Yes, if you view my previous post from today that was also from the breakaway about a month before the cruise. I think they start reviewing the bids 2 weeks before at least thats what they told me. So if i were you i would call now. You would also get an extra perk if switch from inside to balcony and be able to pick from the rooms available.

I think it was in the low/fair range (if that is even the category). Initially we paid $909.00 and my bid was an additional $205.00/pp. We were in an inside on deck 12 which I thought would be a great area for an inside. I may have bid too much but it should still be cheaper than if I booked the balcony initially.

If you are talking about 12 inside on Dawn, those are newer rooms added around 2012. Very quiet area and close to pool. Only possible issue is movement if rough seas since you are high and forward.

Reporting in on my upgrade experience... I bid on 3 cabins, 2 haven's (way out of my league, bid the lowest possible) and 1 non-haven suite. Recieved the news today that I "won" the non-haven suite bid. Having a tiny bit of buyers remorse, as I know that prices have dropped, but didn't try to call and upgrade without a fee. My bid just barely hit the "fair" mark. I did note that there were at least 5 of these suites available to book when I did a mock booking.

Reporting in on my upgrade experience... I bid on 3 cabins, 2 haven's (way out of my league, bid the lowest possible) and 1 non-haven suite. Recieved the news today that I "won" the non-haven suite bid. Having a tiny bit of buyers remorse, as I know that prices have dropped, but didn't try to call and upgrade without a fee. My bid just barely hit the "fair" mark. I did note that there were at least 5 of these suites available to book when I did a mock booking.

What ship? Was the non-haven suite a penthouse?

What ship? Was the non-haven suite a penthouse?

We are traveling on the Jewel on Saturday. I gave up an aft penthouse suite for a 2 bedroom non-haven penthouse. I'm traveling with my adult children and I think the extra space is going to be great, but I'm sad that we won't have the big balcony. I was going back and forth about how much we would use the balcony depending on the weather in Alaska, and so decided to bid on the upgrade.

We are traveling on the Jewel on Saturday. I gave up an aft penthouse suite for a 2 bedroom non-haven penthouse. I'm traveling with my adult children and I think the extra space is going to be great, but I'm sad that we won't have the big balcony. I was going back and forth about how much we would use the balcony depending on the weather in Alaska, and so decided to bid on the upgrade.

You still get the suite perks like the penthouse right?