What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I noticed that the price on the H5 June 18th had decreased significantly since we booked. I had put in for the upsell through NCL, and called their customer service to see if we could upgrade due to the price decrease.

The answer - resounding but polite "no".

On a whim I called my TA to see if he could work magic - and kudos to him...got us upgraded to an H4 2 bedroom suite without an upsell charge.

Cancelled my other bids, and sent a huge thank you to him and his manager.

Lesson? It never hurts to ask!

Amy

I noticed that the price on the H5 June 18th had decreased significantly since we booked. I had put in for the upsell through NCL, and called their customer service to see if we could upgrade due to the price decrease.

The answer - resounding but polite "no".

On a whim I called my TA to see if he could work magic - and kudos to him...got us upgraded to an H4 2 bedroom suite without an upsell charge.

Cancelled my other bids, and sent a huge thank you to him and his manager.

Lesson? It never hurts to ask!

Amy

That's great! Is it a local or national TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we are 16 days out and the option for bidding on upgrades has disappeared from the My NCL webpage. We've not received notification either way on our upgrade attempt to a Haven Spa Suite. I assume this means nothing other than they are working on moving around rooms....

I called the upsale dept when the option disappeared from my NCL page and they sent me a new link to access it again.

Was in aft balcony on the Jewel. I could offer a minimum of $500.00 pp for upgrade to a Penthouse suite aft. I called NCL to see if the minimum bids ever get lowered. They asked me to hold as they checked and come back to tell me they were upgrading me for free. Now that's customer service!

Good for you and happy sailing! Had you booked directly with NCL or through a TA? Wondering if that makes a difference.

Was in aft balcony on the Jewel. I could offer a minimum of $500.00 pp for upgrade to a Penthouse suite aft. I called NCL to see if the minimum bids ever get lowered. They asked me to hold as they checked and come back to tell me they were upgrading me for free. Now that's customer service!

Did you call the Upsale dept? I called them yesterday and was told they do not do anything over the phone, but I have seen posts saying they do.

I went to check and the upgrade offer is no longer on my NCL. I never got an email about it. So I guess my only option at this point is to call

We put in for an upgrade on the Jewel to a balcony cabin. My confirmation emails says we will know at least 2 days before sailing. Really? That far out?

We put in for an upgrade on the Jewel to a balcony cabin. My confirmation emails says we will know at least 2 days before sailing. Really? That far out?

Yes, we found out about our upgrade 2 or 3 days before sailing

Yes-read the other threads-lots of people are finding out last minute. Keep an eye on your credit card-they will immediately bill you so that may be the first hint that you got the upgrade. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I am 4 days away from sailing, still no clue whether I will get any of the cabins I bid on. Others sailing on my ship received theirs a week or more ago, even with the same bids on the same cabins, but I know there are still more like me who are still waiting. I am frustrated at the randomness of the whole process. Luckily, I will be happy with my aft large balcony either way, but I am not a fan of the waiting.

I am 4 days away from sailing, still no clue whether I will get any of the cabins I bid on. Others sailing on my ship received theirs a week or more ago, even with the same bids on the same cabins, but I know there are still more like me who are still waiting. I am frustrated at the randomness of the whole process. Luckily, I will be happy with my aft large balcony either way, but I am not a fan of the waiting.

I think they also look at how much was initially paid as well. I have also heard that your Latitude status is considered.

We received our upgrade notice 3 weeks out, went from mini-suite to H4 Haven, sailing 05/21 on the Epic. I was totally surprised that we received the notification that far out in advance.

Question -- still awaiting my bid status for my sailing (5/21). We only bid on the H9 since we love having the access to the spa. It's stated "sold out" for about two weeks now...

My question is, has anyone had their bid accepted even on categories that were "sold out"? I know we won't find out until two days before sailing, but I'm wondering if I should just give up hope LOL.

Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone who's bids were accepted! And good luck to those still waiting!

Question -- still awaiting my bid status for my sailing (5/21). We only bid on the H9 since we love having the access to the spa. It's stated "sold out" for about two weeks now...

My question is, has anyone had their bid accepted even on categories that were "sold out"? I know we won't find out until two days before sailing, but I'm wondering if I should just give up hope LOL.

Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone who's bids were accepted! And good luck to those still waiting!

Yes, our cruise was taken completely off the NCL website which would lead you to believe that the 05/21 cruise was booked but yet we received our upgrade notification.

We booked an IX on the BA with a partial comp from CAS. I placed a minimum upgrade bid of $50 (person) for a OX and BX. About 2 weeks prior to sailing, there was a price dropped and we requested a free up grade to OX. We were offered the free upgrade to OX or a paid $175 (cabin) upgrade to BX. We picked the BX and was assigned a midship cabin on deck 11. Then, we were placed back into the bidding pool but we are very happy with our cabin/price paid and declined.

Just wanted to share our experience. Happy Sailing!

This whole new process of bidding is very frustrating. I bid minimal on an upgrade from inside to balcony for cruise two weeks from today. Not knowing until 2 days before is really annoying. This is our first inside cabin. We have always done balconies or above except last cruise was an ocean view which we hated due to the location of these cabins. We did not really miss the balcony though. So we decided to try the inside this trip. If we don't get the balcony I am fine with it. Hoping we will be happy with the inside and save money on future ncl cruises. This new system of not knowing until 2 days before your cruise stinks. Won't bid again. Rather just stay in the cabin we pick next time. Also not being able to know what cabin you will get if you do win the bid is also scary.

This whole new process of bidding is very frustrating. I bid minimal on an upgrade from inside to balcony for cruise two weeks from today. Not knowing until 2 days before is really annoying. This is our first inside cabin. We have always done balconies or above except last cruise was an ocean view which we hated due to the location of these cabins. We did not really miss the balcony though. So we decided to try the inside this trip. If we don't get the balcony I am fine with it. Hoping we will be happy with the inside and save money on future ncl cruises. This new system of not knowing until 2 days before your cruise stinks. Won't bid again. Rather just stay in the cabin we pick next time. Also not being able to know what cabin you will get if you do win the bid is also scary.

If I'm not mistaken, you can withdraw your bid as long as it has not been accepted already. That way you'll be in the cabin you picked and there is no waiting, guessing game.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Interesting thread... last year we were on the Oct Transatlantic and up-selled via phone call to a Haven (before the unbid online process was in affect). This year it cost us a couple hundred less to reserve the Haven outright in the same category (aft).

Our cruise on Nov 5th is nearly sold out - only insides left. Next year the Haven Aft is much higher than this year! I think the "cheap" transatlantic days are over. :loudcry:

If I'm not mistaken, you can withdraw your bid as long as it has not been accepted already. That way you'll be in the cabin you picked and there is no waiting, guessing game.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

When our current category was sold out, I called and paid for a now inexpensive upgrade to the exact cabin I wanted. Withdrew my Haven bids and was very happy with the cabin I picked out. I absolutely hated the bidding and waiting and worrying.

Edited by Sand and Seas
correction

You do not get any extra latitude points for winning a bid upgrade to the Haven. You will only be given the points of your original booking. This is explained in the FAQ section on NCL.com.

Disagree. We had paid for a balcony, won a bid for H5 and received the double Latitudes points :)

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-13%20at%203.37.13%20PM_zpsckgdcds5.png

That's great! It says on the FAQs that latitudes points are based on the original reservation. I'll cross my fingers that we are given the extra points, as well, as this will bump me up a tier. :)

Disagree. We had paid for a balcony, won a bid for H5 and received the double Latitudes points :)

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-13%20at%203.37.13%20PM_zpsckgdcds5.png

That's great! It says on the FAQs that latitudes points are based on the original reservation. I'll cross my fingers that we are given the extra points, as well, as this will bump me up a tier. :)

I am not an expert on this as I upgraded from a Haven to a Haven.