What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I guess I have a great pcc at cas. was 300.00 for a balcony mid ship and only 100.00 for the bx when I booked in March.

Wow. Nice. That wouldn't have worked for us anyways because we wanted connecting cabins. But good to know.

Watch out - it is nearly impossible to go back and cruise with the masses after being in the haven!! ;)

you are so true. I was in Haven last sept, and wanted to cry when we went on normal carnival cabin in dec.....

I am sailing in 6 days Getaway to the Baltic capitals. I am in a B1 aft balcony, and I have bid on 4 different haven rooms, and I still haven't heard yet! It is frustrating that some people have already heard on later sailings. Hurry up, Norwegian!

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that most of the folks getting upgraded early aren't upgrading to The Haven, but rather to balcony cabins. We're on the June 3 Baltic and have multiple bids in on Haven categories. We shall see!!!

Yesterday, we received notification that we won an upgrade on our next cruise, which departs from Rome on May 24 (about 2 weeks before sailing). We had bid on four different room categories (H2, H4, H5 and H9). The only room we didn't bid on was the aft facing balcony suite. All bids were in the high poor to low fair range. We won a Haven spa suite (H9). My husband was really hoping for the two-bedroom (H4), but I was holding out for the spa suite. I'm so happy we got it! We will be sailing in style on our honeymoon!

Does anyone know if you can upgrade more than once? We are on 6/2 Dawn cruise which looks pretty empty and were hoping to upgrade more than 2 levels. I was wondering if we upgrade to the balcony could we later upgrade to a suite if available?

Is it better to call than to use the website? thanks

Yesterday, we received notification that we won an upgrade on our next cruise, which departs from Rome on May 24 (about 2 weeks before sailing). We had bid on four different room categories (H2, H4, H5 and H9). The only room we didn't bid on was the aft facing balcony suite. All bids were in the high poor to low fair range. We won a Haven spa suite (H9). My husband was really hoping for the two-bedroom (H4), but I was holding out for the spa suite. I'm so happy we got it! We will be sailing in style on our honeymoon!

How fun for you!!! Congrats on the wedding and the upgrade!!!

Does anyone know if you can upgrade more than once? We are on 6/2 Dawn cruise which looks pretty empty and were hoping to upgrade more than 2 levels. I was wondering if we upgrade to the balcony could we later upgrade to a suite if available?

Is it better to call than to use the website? thanks

Are you talking about upgrading with the new system? If so I haven't heard of anyone bidding and getting an upgrade and then getting another offer to bid. I think by the time you find out if your bid was accepted its way to close to sailing. Why don't you just bid on the suite :D My upgrade offer had more than 2 categories up from my original cabin to bid on.

So we are 16 days out and the option for bidding on upgrades has disappeared from the My NCL webpage. We've not received notification either way on our upgrade attempt to a Haven Spa Suite. I assume this means nothing other than they are working on moving around rooms....

Was in aft balcony on the Jewel. I could offer a minimum of $500.00 pp for upgrade to a Penthouse suite aft. I called NCL to see if the minimum bids ever get lowered. They asked me to hold as they checked and come back to tell me they were upgrading me for free. Now that's customer service!

Are you talking about upgrading with the new system? If so I haven't heard of anyone bidding and getting an upgrade and then getting another offer to bid. I think by the time you find out if your bid was accepted its way to close to sailing. Why don't you just bid on the suite :D My upgrade offer had more than 2 categories up from my original cabin to bid on.

I went to check and the upgrade offer is no longer on my NCL. I never got an email about it. So I guess my only option at this point is to call

Was in aft balcony on the Jewel. I could offer a minimum of $500.00 pp for upgrade to a Penthouse suite aft. I called NCL to see if the minimum bids ever get lowered. They asked me to hold as they checked and come back to tell me they were upgrading me for free. Now that's customer service!

Wow! That is great service! Were you past final payment? When do you sail?

I went to check and the upgrade offer is no longer on my NCL. I never got an email about it. So I guess my only option at this point is to call

Our upgrade bid is gone and when we called we were told they were no longer available. Someone else must have called and direct upgraded (which is what we were trying to do) before we did.

Mine has disappeared also but when I check on the bid through the original bid email it says it is still pending and I can modify it. We are two weeks out. I find it hard to believe that none of these dates are available. My cruise still has a lot of empty cabins. This disappearing act has happened before.

Now I am confused. Do you call or do you bid or do you do both?:confused:

Originally we bid. We have 5 people in a 2 bedroom Haven suite and put in a minimum bid for the GV. Now we have 2 more people that would like to come along, so we decided to call and see if we could just pay directly and upgrade so we could add the 2 travelers. Now they're saying that for our sailing, they're all gone and when I logged into my reservation area, the bid screen has disappeared. We're still 59 days out so it's not like they're last minute upgrades. My only thought is that there may have only been one open and someone else already called to upgrade directly rather than working through the bidding system.

Mine has disappeared also but when I check on the bid through the original bid email it says it is still pending and I can modify it. We are two weeks out. I find it hard to believe that none of these dates are available. My cruise still has a lot of empty cabins. This disappearing act has happened before.

Mine is also now missing, was there as of this morning all still pending but as i look now the the page is missing. Hmmm No communication as of yet, but this would mark 30 days out, so maybe they take it off-line to start analyze who will get what upgrades.