fttf

handwcruisers

If you are asking "What is FTTF", then it is Faster to the Fun.

Carnival releases a limited number of these in the Shore Excursion area of the website. They cost between 60-80$ per cabin. The program offers priority check-in line, priority boarding (after suite, elite and wedding parties), priority line for on-board customer service (shared with suite and elite), room is ready on boarding, priority luggage delivery, and priority tender boarding.

Does Carnival have any kind of special line or priority for people in a wheelchair?

There is a dedicated check-in line for special needs. The special needs group will board after weddings, diamond, platinum, and FTTF and before general boarding.

If you do a thread search for FTTF you will get more threads than you could count and all your questions can be answered.

Here is information straight from the horse's mouth.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

From the link, what does this mean?

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

We have FTTF booked for our Vista cruise on 02/25/2017, and we also have YTD. I'm not sure I understand what the priority dinner time assignment is...

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

We have FTTF booked for our Vista cruise on 02/25/2017, and we also have YTD. I'm not sure I understand what the priority dinner time assignment is...

It just means that at the time of booking you get preference for your dining time of Early, Late, or YTD.

• 11 months later...

Dining Reservations

It means if your preferred dining isn't available when you request it, you will be placed on a waiting list.

Platinum cruisers receive first priority in clearing the wait list. FTTF holders receive next priority after Platinum.

Neither Platinum nor FTTF is guaranteed preferred dining assignment.

We like FTTF. We don't visit the guest services desk very often, but when we do.....I like walking right up to the counter & being the next one helped. Sometimes there are 10 or 20 people in the other line. I like being able to go directly to our cabin and leave carry on stuff. It's nice not having anything to carry around when you're at the lido buffet or looking around. The luggage in your room asap is a hit or miss. We've had it quick and I've had it sit on the carts by the elevators until 5:00 when I went to get it. They haven't quite perfected that yet. If you are in a Tender port, it's nice to be able to get off the ship without a long wait - especially if you've book private excursions and need to get going. The guest services desk either takes you right down, or they have FTTF wait in the lobby a bit then put you all on a tender before the general line. I think it was a better deal at $49 per cabin,still bought it at $69. But if it goes up, not sure I will get it any longer. We usually sail with 2 cabins, so that's a lot extra for a few little perks.

It means if your preferred dining isn't available when you request it, you will be placed on a waiting list.

Platinum cruisers receive first priority in clearing the wait list. FTTF holders receive next priority after Platinum.

Neither Platinum nor FTTF is guaranteed preferred dining assignment.

From Carnival's VIFP Benefit list:

Platinums receive "Priority reservations at Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant"

Diamonds receive: "Guaranteed seating time requested in Main Dining Room for dinner only"

Well, priority also means by the window in the dining room. We only get "by the window" early in the morning, if we ask, sometimes. by the window is nice. Cant wait til I actually qualify for someone to fulfill my requests.

I get FTTF, but as far as dining, I have found no advantage to FTTF. I have found, having any time dining, that being willing to sit with others, will get you seated faster. Even if all you have to talk about is the getting seated faster , at least you meet new folks. The last time we did that, the folks at the table trashed smokers for a good 35 minutes...DH and I are smokers...We did not sit with them again, and since we were smokers, we really didn't see them much:p

Well, priority also means by the window in the dining room. We only get "by the window" early in the morning, if we ask, sometimes. by the window is nice. Cant wait til I actually qualify for someone to fulfill my requests.

No, it really doesn't. It only refers to the ability to be priority when you are waitlisted for your requested dining time or specialty dining. It does not provide priority seating in YTD or give you priority with table requests.

Okay I have seen this on a number of answers. New to Carnival, have always done Royal but we are going a charter so I need to learn all the Carnival stuff

FTTF is Faster to the Fun. It is a program where Carnival gives you a bunch of free stuff (no cost to Carnival). In return, you pay $79.00 to get the free stuff. Examples are that you can get to your room faster, and drop off luggage. On RCCL, you would drop you luggage with porters, get on ship, eat lunch and than go to room with your carryon. With FTTF, you drop off luggage with porter, go to room, drop carry off in room, than go to lunch. Not much difference. You also get to go to guest services line, skipping the long line of people removing tips, or paying cash or "complaining" about something. On RCCL, the lines are usually small except on last day, so not much difference. Priority boarding for tenders, but useless if you have no tenders. Some other free stuff, but that's it in a nutshell.

Does Carnival have any kind of special line or priority for people in a wheelchair?

You go with the zone you are assigned like everyone else, except you will go at the head of that group. I'm in a wheelchair also, and that is the way we have boarded our last few cruises.