Check your fare

Cushing985

May I ask what "form" you are referencing? Did you book through Carnival and Carnivals website showed the lower rate? We picked our own room, didn't receive any promotions so if the fare goes down on the same type of cabin, same ship, same sailing date I can request a refund or OBC?

May I ask what "form" you are referencing? Did you book through Carnival and Carnivals website showed the lower rate? We picked our own room, didn't receive any promotions so if the fare goes down on the same type of cabin, same ship, same sailing date I can request a refund or OBC?

The price protection form: http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

As far as I know you can only get the reduction in onboard credit. Yes I booked through Carnival and the Carnival website was offering the onboard credit with the same rate as we booked without the credit. Whether you are eligible would depend on how you booked.

If you went through a PVP, you can ask that person to apply the credit. If you haven't made your final payment, the credit will reduce your outstanding balance. If you did make the final payment, the credit will be applied as obc.

Any rate that allows you to pick your room is eligible for price drops before the final payment date. Early saver is only eligible for drops after final payment. I have booked past guest many times before and gotten eligible price drops.

Both of our current bookings dropped this morning. One by $20pp. The other by $18pp. Got the adjustments plus the $50 obc.

It's because we are past final payment.

Wow that was fast. I sent in the form and had my credit adjustment within 10 minutes. Incidentally, I haven't made final payment yet.

I was just gonna post this. I have early saver and have not paid off my cruise yet. I looked and the new early saver was $40 less total (for the first 2 people) with the same OBC. I filled out the form and got approval in minutes. I kept my $50 OBC and they lowered the balance due by $50 (which I was not expecting as the promo states the difference will just be an OBC). Seems it's actually better to get price protection before paying full balance.

ETA: Just saw that this was posted already by John.

If you went through a PVP, you can ask that person to apply the credit. If you haven't made your final payment, the credit will reduce your outstanding balance. If you did make the final payment, the credit will be applied as obc.

We booked our trip in March 2016 for a May 2017 sailing. Ours has gone up a total of $1,968.84. That is for a Grand Suite and an Ocean Suite. It also includes the prepaid gratuities which have gone up since we booked.

We booked our upcoming cruise on the Vista about a year ago using Early Saver. I just checked on Fare Viewer. If we had waited and booked our cruise today, it would have cost us $1000.00 more. :eek: No price drops for us. Since Vista is the newest ship in the fleet, it doesn't surprise me.

I just got a really good laugh. Our April cruise on the Fantasy is up by over $1,000 total for 3 people since when we booked. This is an oceanview cabin for a 5 day cruise on one of their older ships. Carnival has lost its minds.:rolleyes:

You typically cannot price match on Super Saver/guarantee fares. Just check the prices on the other rates that are available - Past Guest, Carnivalidays, Fun Select, and Military (if you qualify).

If I booked early Saver and early Saver is no longer available, what rate do I look at? The super saver is $30 less than I paid but it's a guarantee room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on that same cruise but in an interior. The rate is exactly the same as when we booked. Only when we booked we got a $200 OBC for paying in full. No OBC being offered now. So there is no drop for us yet. Looks like there are a lot of interior cabins still available, at least in our category.

Things have changed for us today. When I checked they had a Senior Offer that was $260 less than what we paid. So we lost our $200 OBC for paying in full earlier but now have $260 OBC due to the lower price. So we are $60 ahead. And we have time left since we are still before final payment and booked Early Saver and like I said yesterday there are still plenty of cabins left in our category.

As many times as you find an eligible drop. There's no max # of times you can submit for one.

If I recall correctly you have to be careful about this. If the new eligible fare isn't Easy Saver or some plan that offers price protection then you are agreeing to the new promotion when you take the price drop. So even if it drops further you may no longer be eligible because you have a new fare. I could be wrong but that's one thing I remember reading a lot some time back.

If I recall correctly you have to be careful about this. If the new eligible fare isn't Easy Saver or some plan that offers price protection then you are agreeing to the new promotion when you take the price drop. So even if it drops further you may no longer be eligible because you have a new fare. I could be wrong but that's one thing I remember reading a lot some time back.

This is not correct. You are only not able to match later if you switch to a rate that is a guarantee. If the rate allows you to choose your room you are not switched to the new fare you are just matching it. You will remain Early Saver and be eligible for future drops.

We are on a Pride Journeys cruise which are becoming very popular. Cruise is not until 1/7/18. Ship is almost sold out already. :eek: I don't think we are going to get a price drop. :( But we have the cabin we picked and it's a great itinerary on a great ship so I'm not going to complain about it. CONGRATS to all who got OBC'es and enjoy spending it! ;)

This is not correct. You are only not able to match later if you switch to a rate that is a guarantee. If the rate allows you to choose your room you are not switched to the new fare you are just matching it. You will remain Early Saver and be eligible for future drops.

So like I said, some other fare (like a guarantee) that doesn't allow price protection... (not sure how I was not correct but thanks for adding the detail of the guarantee fare).

Actually just asked my ex-wife about this. When we were on the Dream a few years back we had Early Saver. After the early saver period was over there was a sale (like a Spring Special or something). We got the lower price but our fare changed to "Spring Special" and Early Saver was gone. Then there was another small price drop and we could not take advantage as we no longer had early saver. Maybe this policy has changed because it was a few years ago.

Edited by frayedend