Entertainment director on qm2

NSWP

Here is an end of show joke then....Quote..'The showers on Princess are that small, the big guys just have to soap the walls and spin around.' And the crowd roared, lol.

And that's why I don't like the CD/EDs. Naff jokes (which are actually repeated across the whole fleet) and that awful 'Good morning Happy Campers' patter. I'm sure they wouldn't be out of place at Butlins.

I prefer a more serious MC.

Here is an end of show joke then....Quote..'The showers on Princess are that small, the big guys just have to soap the walls and spin around.' And the crowd roared, lol.

That's quite pathetic.

And that's why I don't like the CD/EDs. Naff jokes (which are actually repeated across the whole fleet) and that awful 'Good morning Happy Campers' patter. I'm sure they wouldn't be out of place at Butlins.

I prefer a more serious MC.

I shall make sure I don't have any pithy jokes then :)

That's quite pathetic.

I shall make sure I don't have any pithy jokes then :)

And that is from a Princess Cruise Director or two, standard Princess Cruises joke, heard it more than once in my 17 Princess Cruises. I could tell you a few more, but I have to smarten up my vocabulary for QM2.

I'm not sure why knowing the Officers could be a security risk. Certainly the Commodore was enjoying many photo opps on a World Voyage a couple of years ago. I'd like to know too - we had a good one a couple of years ago on QM2 but since then on other cruise lines they have been duds.

Well maybe not so much as a security risk ( and by the way it wasn't me that just happened to "pulled it out of the air" as another poster has suggested) That is the rational Cunard/Carnival use.

I guess it could be that their movements/rotations and work schedules are personal to the individual and family members. Why post these 'well in advance' on social media.? Once they are back on duty, then that is a different matter, yes they are expected to interact with the guest.

What's this obsession on all these cruise forums, that some folk have with "whose the Entertainment Manager or who is the Captain of the ship, not only that, but posting many months in advance.

Well maybe not so much as a security risk ( and by the way it wasn't me that just happened to "pulled it out of the air" as another poster has suggested) That is the rational Cunard/Carnival use.

I guess it could be that their movements/rotations and work schedules are personal to the individual and family members. Why post these 'well in advance' on social media.? Once they are back on duty, then that is a different matter, yes they are expected to interact with the guest.

What's this obsession on all these cruise forums, that some folk have with "whose the Entertainment Manager or who is the Captain of the ship, not only that, but posting many months in advance.

Pure interest to see who is going to be on a future voyage in only a matter of weeks, in our case,to see if 'they' have been on the ship with us in the past! No harm in that surely, is there? Certainly NOT an obsession as you put it...........

Pure interest to see who is going to be on a future voyage in only a matter of weeks, in our case,to see if 'they' have been on the ship with us in the past! No harm in that surely, is there? Certainly NOT an obsession as you put it...........

Agree. It's just an interest and to see if we have previously sailed with or even met them before. Part of the anticipation I guess.

In your case perhaps, but I know of posters who want to know so that they can 'drop them a line' to say they will be on board again, blah, blah. I find that rather weird. For goodness sake, passengers are only customers really.

Colin, if you were to be away at sea for months, would you like to have that advertised? Would folks at home appreciate that being published on social media?

Crikey, use your imagination as to what could be done by bad players with advance knowledge of officer's deployment.

Ok, being a New Yorker, I admit to being sensitive to security - so if Cunard states officer's deployment won't be published in advance, I support Cunard.

• 3 months later...

My parents first heard that joke on a Royal Caribbean cruise over 20 years ago.

If you didn't also have to hear the joke about the latest Carnival ship being named Penetration, consider yourself fortunate.