Bed Arrangement request?

mad-dog74

I called RCCL tonight to request our rooms arrangements. We do connecting cabins and in the kids room, we like the beds apart. They told me they could no longer make this request ahead of time but we had to make that request with our cabin attendant once we boarded. Is that a change? Looks like to me has busy as things are on boarding day, they'd like to know that ahead of time and not have to redo the room (and change sheets again). not a big deal... just seemed odd to me they could not take that request.

mad-dog, you may think that it would save them labor by knowing ahead of time what you want, but they have decided that not having a list and constantly checking it to see what someone wants is more efficient. They are happy to make any changes while you are at dinner that first night.

Yep, fairly recent change. I just asked my TA to make the request and he said he couldn't. We have to ask once onboard. The interesting thing is if you go to your profile on rccl.com, there are still options for requesting together, apart, etc. I wonder if they will eventually delete those.

Strange, on our upcoming Anthem cruise in 3 weeks, we have 2 rooms booked and both were stating Room Arrangement: Unknown, until 3 weeks ago when I got my TA to pre-select our preferences. Since then it says:

Room Arrangement: Together/Both Together (Our room)

Room Arrangement: Apart/Both Apart (Kids Room)

and it is still showing up as such.

dp