Adventure B2B Review

Hey there long lost friends!! You crazy Patriot fans you! ;p;p I'm sorry to hear that you guys have been going through medical stuff! I wonder about you guys often because I remember trying to convince your wife to book another cruise! We booked another one for 2018 on Adventure and it sounds like it'll be our last since Adventure is leaving San Juan! Not sure what is replacing her yet but we are excited to find out! I'm so excited you guys are going in April! Have a wonderful time and I hope to hear about it from you! :)

Thanks! It was a great year to be a Pats fan, that's for sure! Our medical stuff is fertility related, so extra emotional, but we're learning a lot about ourselves, our friends, and life!

The biggest thing I've learned is that I need to spend MORE time on cruise ships. In fact I think one of the doctors we saw prescribed it. So it had to be done! We're stoked to be heading back to the southern Caribbean again, and doing a whole bunch of things we've already done before but loved.

Enjoy your 2018 cruise, and maybe we'll see you on another ship one day! We love cruising out of San Juan, and going to the south caribbean. This time we're flying in one day ahead of time, and spending a night near the university. It was a super cheap hotel but with good reviews, only one way to find out if we like it!

Happy sailing! :D

p.s. This thread is helping me get stoked for April! I don't think it's sunk in yet for the wife... but I'm in cruise mode already.

Thanks! It was a great year to be a Pats fan, that's for sure! Our medical stuff is fertility related, so extra emotional, but we're learning a lot about ourselves, our friends, and life!

The biggest thing I've learned is that I need to spend MORE time on cruise ships. In fact I think one of the doctors we saw prescribed it. So it had to be done! We're stoked to be heading back to the southern Caribbean again, and doing a whole bunch of things we've already done before but loved.

Enjoy your 2018 cruise, and maybe we'll see you on another ship one day! We love cruising out of San Juan, and going to the south caribbean. This time we're flying in one day ahead of time, and spending a night near the university. It was a super cheap hotel but with good reviews, only one way to find out if we like it!

Happy sailing! :D

p.s. This thread is helping me get stoked for April! I don't think it's sunk in yet for the wife... but I'm in cruise mode already.

You are soooo close to the cruise! I have the countdown on my phone for our next cruise and we hit 300 days today! That's sooooo long!!! Tell wifey to start the countdown!

I'm sorry to hear about the fertility stuff. I wondered if it was because I remembered you guys talking about babies :) I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! :hearteyes:

Good idea flying in a day early! We always do that but are taking a risk next year and flying in same day to save some $$. Please let me know how the cruise was! Write a mini review like I did! I would be in heaven being able to see how your time was!!

"We'd never been here before so just like the other ABC islands, we didn't know what to expect. I had read a few things about taking the city bus to beaches here but I didn't write that much down about it. When we saw the price of taxis, we decided to start walking in attempt to find the city bus! We wanted to get to Mambo Beach and taxis were showing to be $40. I'm not sure if that's round trip or one way but either way, it's too much!! "

I had your instructions to find the bus but had hurt my heel so we ending up taking the taxi. It was $20 each way but if you had a group of 4 it was the same price. We enjoyed Mambo Beach and Carambola Beach as well thanks for helping me plan our trip.

Dave

Quick question since you have been so helpful to me...the hair dryers on Adventure are they small travel ones or are they a full size/full power one? My daughter has very thick hair and I don't know if I should bring my own or not. I don't want to spend 30 mins drying her hair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"We'd never been here before so just like the other ABC islands, we didn't know what to expect. I had read a few things about taking the city bus to beaches here but I didn't write that much down about it. When we saw the price of taxis, we decided to start walking in attempt to find the city bus! We wanted to get to Mambo Beach and taxis were showing to be $40. I'm not sure if that's round trip or one way but either way, it's too much!! "

I had your instructions to find the bus but had hurt my heel so we ending up taking the taxi. It was $20 each way but if you had a group of 4 it was the same price. We enjoyed Mambo Beach and Carambola Beach as well thanks for helping me plan our trip.

Dave

Great!! So glad you enjoyed the beaches!! Bummer that you had hurt your heel. Hope that didn't put a damper on your vacation!

Quick question since you have been so helpful to me...the hair dryers on Adventure are they small travel ones or are they a full size/full power one? My daughter has very thick hair and I don't know if I should bring my own or not. I don't want to spend 30 mins drying her hair lol

No, it's the small travel one that won't stay on unless you hold down the button. I would definitely bring your own if you can!! I always bring my own because like you said, you don't want to spend forever drying hair!!

No, it's the small travel one that won't stay on unless you hold down the button. I would definitely bring your own if you can!! I always bring my own because like you said, you don't want to spend forever drying hair!!

Great info! I will definitely be bringing my own then. Thank you again [emoji106]

What a great review Laura. We are going on Adventure on 15th April and also doing a b2b. Been on this ship 7 times and done this itinerary before. Love this ship and all the islands. We are gutted that she is moving north after April 2018. We heard that Freedom will be taking her place, so we are waiting patiently till next week to see the new deployment and get something booked from San Juan again..

What a great review Laura. We are going on Adventure on 15th April and also doing a b2b. Been on this ship 7 times and done this itinerary before. Love this ship and all the islands. We are gutted that she is moving north after April 2018. We heard that Freedom will be taking her place, so we are waiting patiently till next week to see the new deployment and get something booked from San Juan again..

We are also bummed about Adventure leaving but also excited for something new!! Enjoy your B2B in April! We had an absolute blast!

No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions I could help you out with!

Hi Laura,

Loved your review, helped build the excitement we will be sailing on the 10 nighter next Wednesday :cool: can you tell me if palm beach in Aruba is the best choice for two kids ages. 10, 11

thanks

Hello! Thx for posting. Quick question. The show times, were they opposite dining times, late seating, early show or if late seating, the show will then start AFTER dinner, like 10?

We always do late dining. For the most part, the shows are before dinner for the late diners. Usually at about 7 or so. And then like you said, the opposite for early diners. They would go to the show after dinner. Sometimes, they have 1 show time for everyone and that is usually at 10:30. Examples of this would be Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows.

Hi Laura,

Loved your review, helped build the excitement we will be sailing on the 10 nighter next Wednesday :cool: can you tell me if palm beach in Aruba is the best choice for two kids ages. 10, 11

thanks

I have heard about that special 10 night sailing and that sounds like a WONDERFUL itinerary! We did not go to Palm Beach so I can't speak for that. But I will say that I heard it is more lively whereas Eagle Beach (where we went) is quieter and less busy. We've heard great things about Palm and plan to go there next Jan on our cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm sorry if this has been answered up thread but my computer is not cooperating at the moment and I can't seem to read from the beginning!:mad:

Can you please tell me what days were formal nights on each leg?

Thanks so much - really enjoyed reading your review.

I'm sorry if this has been answered up thread but my computer is not cooperating at the moment and I can't seem to read from the beginning!:mad:

Formal nights ate usually day 2 and day 5.

It depends on the itinerary. The first week it was night 2 and 6. The second week it was night 2 and 4 or 2 and 5 because we were in port late on night 6.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I will be on with you Jan 13, 2018! We are doing 13th and 20th. B2B is the only way to go!

We will be with you the second week of your 2018 B2B. Love to have you join us on the Roll Call. We were also taken to Dickenson Beach in 2014 and whole heartedly agree with the taxis and the beach. (Little did we know) back then but we ran into RCC's excursion leaving as we arrived early afternoon after shopping in town. They were only there for several hours and we had our own excursion including drink for less than half the time they did.

My husband and I will be on with you Jan 13, 2018! We are doing 13th and 20th. B2B is the only way to go!

We will be with you the second week of your 2018 B2B. Love to have you join us on the Roll Call. We were also taken to Dickenson Beach in 2014 and whole heartedly agree with the taxis and the beach. (Little did we know) back then but we ran into RCC's excursion leaving as we arrived early afternoon after shopping in town. They were only there for several hours and we had our own excursion including drink for less than half the time they did.

I'm already on the roll call!! We are getting excited for 2018 and just booked another B2B on Freedom out of San Juan for 2019!! Can't wait!

• 1 month later...
Hi Laura - I know this thread was a month ago, but wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your pictures! They are beautiful and we are so excited to sail on Adventure next week!!!

Thank you so much!!! Really means a lot to me! I am soooooo jealous of your sailing. We had Adventure books again for next January but our cruise just got cancelled because of them finishing the rest of the dry dock :( so we had to move to Jewel of the Seas. I will miss the Royal Promenade the most. I hope you have a fantastic time and will report back to let me know! Enjoy!!!

Hello Laura,

Thank you so much for the posts. We are doing the Southern on May 20th. We are so ready and this makes us even more ready and gives us some ideas on things we may want to do. While we have our excursions we do have some time we could do some other things or stop to eat or drink.

Thank you!!!!

Hello Laura,

Thank you so much for the posts. We are doing the Southern on May 20th. We are so ready and this makes us even more ready and gives us some ideas on things we may want to do. While we have our excursions we do have some time we could do some other things or stop to eat or drink.

Thank you!!!!

You're so welcome!! Have a blast! I know you will! Wish we were going with you! :)