Adventure B2B Review

We made it to Mambo Beach and were pleasantly surprised! I read that chairs were $30 and the beach fee was $3/person. When we arrived, chairs were only $7 for 2 and $7 for the beach fee. That also included a free water or soda!

20170202_105158_zpsp8mpsdjv.jpg

20170202_150109_zpsysnfnopv.jpg

When we got dropped off by the bus, we didn't stop for chairs at the first beach. We walked to the left a little ways. I think it might all be the same but I'm not 100% sure. We sat in front of the water park/blow up toys (which hardly anyone used). There were a lot of people snorkeling out by the rocks.

We ate hot wings and fries at Aloha Beach Bar and it was really good! It was only $21 for 2 orders of wings and fries to share. Not bad! We could have stayed allllllll day but we left at 3:30 to head to our next adventure! When you want to leave, just go back to the place you were dropped off and look for a van with the BUS license plate. There will be tons of taxis but look for the BUS.

Since we were in port until 11pm, we wanted to eat dinner on the island. It is something that we had never done before. There was a couple on board who had recently been to a restaurant that they recommended to us called Perla Del Mar.

20170202_195622_zpsqlqxfnx6.jpg

This was in an area called Waterfront Arches. When you cross the floating bridge coming from the ship, it will be on the right. Just passed The Plaza Hotel. This is the COOLEST area!!! I feel like I say that a lot about places in Curacao but it's true! There are 4 or 5 restaurants all on the water right next to each other.

Inside of the restaurant

20170202_183818_zpslqgjmpac.jpg

The view from our table (about a foot from us)

20170202_183824_zpsce3jhvif.jpg

Our food was SO good. I got shrimp and my husband got beef and shrimp skewers. It was all delicious. On our way back to the ship, the bridge was all lit up.

20170202_200346_zpsrmplhtxd.jpg

On the way back to the ship, we stopped in the Rif Fort area where they had a live band. It is surrounded with bars, restaurants and shops. We decided to get some ice cream and watch the band for a bit. I think I could stay on this island, in this area, for a week or 10!

We've never seen the ship like this at night because we had never been in port so late. She's a beauty!

20170202_205229_zpsqujvkhal.jpg

Thank you very much. $110 was for 2 people right? That is expensive. Maybe we will do it in St Marteen[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes $110 for both of us. We were up for 10-12 mins. It was awesome, we could see the bottom of the ocean floor even that high up because the water is so clear!

Thank you for answering everyone's posts. DH isnt a sun worshipper like I am, was shade avaiable at Eagle beach?

where did you find the parasailing guys?

The shade was mostly from our umbrella we rented. There isn't much shade in the way of palm trees. There are actually several places to talk to them about parasailing all over Eagle Beach. They were everywhere!

Does anyone know if the Adventure is really strict about sticking to their check in times? We have to be out of our hotel in San Juan by 11:30 but our "check in time" isn't until 4? Just wondering if they would let us on the ship earlier?

Does anyone know if the Adventure is really strict about sticking to their check in times? We have to be out of our hotel in San Juan by 11:30 but our "check in time" isn't until 4? Just wondering if they would let us on the ship earlier?

RC has not enforced suggested arrival times out of US ports.

I was on board Adventure for the 1/14/17 sailing. I got an email stating that we should not arrive at the pier until 2:30. We got there at 11:30 and we at the pool by noon. No one suggested that we were early. In fact, no one said anything about it at all. Go when you feel like it.

To finish up....

We had a wonderful cruise and were very happy with both the ship itself and the service. I thought the Windjammer staff was especially attentive this time where I didn't remember that in the past.

I do agree that some things need updating and replaced on the ship. The couch in our room was pretty dirty and the carpet could use a cleaning or replaced. We're crossing our fingers that it will all be done for our Jan 2018 cruise! If not, we always have our Jan 2019 cruise :D

One last picture which is the saddest pic of the cruise! The waiters singing goodbye to us!

20170203_215903_zpspepfzmyj.jpg

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you about the ship or the islands!

Your pictures are beautiful! Glad you enjoyed Pinel Island. We were there in 2014 and it was our favorite thing we did on that itinerary! We kayaked over to the island as well, which was more challenging that we expected, but still fun! We're going back again this year, but with Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours.

I would invite you to join us in the roll call forum for this cruise, its starting to get active.

Thanks Laura for this great review that is helping pass the time!

Hi Laura,

Just got off yesterday, and thought the Adventure is a great ship. For some reason your pictures are not showing up on either of my 2 computers. ???

Love the Adventure

Hmm that's weird. Others said they could see them so I'm not sure why they aren't working for you :(

To finish up....

We had a wonderful cruise and were very happy with both the ship itself and the service. I thought the Windjammer staff was especially attentive this time where I didn't remember that in the past.

I do agree that some things need updating and replaced on the ship. The couch in our room was pretty dirty and the carpet could use a cleaning or replaced. We're crossing our fingers that it will all be done for our Jan 2018 cruise! If not, we always have our Jan 2019 cruise :D

One last picture which is the saddest pic of the cruise! The waiters singing goodbye to us!

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you about the ship or the islands!

Thanks for such a great review. I was wondering what time was the earliest time people got off?

To finish up....

Thank you for the excellent review! I really enjoyed it and appreciate all the info and pics you shared! Enjoy your January 2018 cruise on AOS!

Teresa

Hmm that's weird. Others said they could see them so I'm not sure why they aren't working for you :(

It_must_bet_the_location_of_your_photos.___I_can__see_them_at_home_but_not_work.___-wierd,thisforum,using,chrome,the,spacebar,isn't,working._will,try,IE

Thanks for such a great review. I was wondering what time was the earliest time people got off?

If you self disembark and take your own luggage, you can get off earlier. I believe it was between 7 and 8. We always stay on as late as possible because our flights always are later. We cling to the ship as long as possible like a toddler being taken away from their parent [emoji1]

Do you know if the Adventure has facial recognition software? I am wondering if I will have to find our photos on the dreaded wall lol

No unfortunately you will have to search the dreaded wall!! We decided to skip photos all together this time. It was nice to not have to worry about them but I know some people use this opportunity get family photos. In the past, we bought them and then they sit in the envelope for years. Haha. Enjoy your cruise!!

No unfortunately you will have to search the dreaded wall!! We decided to skip photos all together this time. It was nice to not have to worry about them but I know some people use this opportunity get family photos. In the past, we bought them and then they sit in the envelope for years. Haha. Enjoy your cruise!!

I appreciate your help more than you know! You are a huge help[emoji106] We love pics lol. I will spend more on pics that drinking and souvenirs together. It's hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time for sure. I keep waiting for a photo deal to pop up on my cruise planner. Do you remember seeing any photo deals prior to sailing?

I appreciate your help more than you know! You are a huge help[emoji106] We love pics lol. I will spend more on pics that drinking and souvenirs together. It's hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time for sure. I keep waiting for a photo deal to pop up on my cruise planner. Do you remember seeing any photo deals prior to sailing?

Hoping you can see this picture I took in my cruise compass about buying the whole CD! And it says they do have facial recognition so maybe I was wrong? We didn't even go down there so things could have changed!

08890b351c3d25c5ff382b3035bdc263.jpg