Adventure B2B Review

Beginning of week 2! First stop is St. Maarten.

We decided that we wanted to rent a kayak since we've never done that before. I found the company Caribbean Paddling and decided to book through them. It was $40/person and that included transportation from the cruise port to Cul De Sac, the rental of the kayak for the day, and the return taxi to the cruise port. Cul De Sac is a little town where we picked up the kayak. As you can see below, it was quite cloudy and actually poured on us while we kayaked (for the first time ever) over to Pinel Island :D Luckily they gave us a waterproof bag for our belongings!

20170129_085716_zpsr1wapjbw.jpg

We made it to Pinel Island in about 20 mins on the kayak and the weather started to clear up!

20170129_093142_zps0153iacx.jpg

We didn't know much about Pinel Island before we went. As soon as we got there, we quickly fell in love! There are 2 places to rent chairs/umbrellas but we decided just to throw our towels down. I'm glad we did because we didn't sit down at all! There are also 2 restaurants where you can get anything from lobster fresh out of the ocean to pizza! It smelled so good!

We decided to go exploring because we heard there were small trails all over the island. We "hiked" all the way to the other side of the island and found a secluded beach that was gorgeous.

20170129_094423_zpsct319iwf.jpg

20170129_095554_zpsx5sijaxm.jpg

There were iguanas and hermit crabs all over the island! We also almost stepped on a giant land turtle during one of our walks.

20170129_115818_zpszsiqdxdo.jpg

To be continued...

Beginning of week 2! First stop is St. Maarten.

We decided that we wanted to rent a kayak since we've never done that before. I found the company Caribbean Paddling and decided to book through them. It was $40/person and that included transportation from the cruise port to Cul De Sac, the rental of the kayak for the day, and the return taxi to the cruise port. Cul De Sac is a little town where we picked up the kayak. As you can see below, it was quite cloudy and actually poured on us while we kayaked (for the first time ever) over to Pinel Island :D Luckily they gave us a waterproof bag for our belongings!

20170129_085716_zpsr1wapjbw.jpg

We made it to Pinel Island in about 20 mins on the kayak and the weather started to clear up!

20170129_093142_zps0153iacx.jpg

We didn't know much about Pinel Island before we went. As soon as we got there, we quickly fell in love! There are 2 places to rent chairs/umbrellas but we decided just to throw our towels down. I'm glad we did because we didn't sit down at all! There are also 2 restaurants where you can get anything from lobster fresh out of the ocean to pizza! It smelled so good!

We decided to go exploring because we heard there were small trails all over the island. We "hiked" all the way to the other side of the island and found a secluded beach that was gorgeous.

20170129_094423_zpsct319iwf.jpg

20170129_095554_zpsx5sijaxm.jpg

There were iguanas and hermit crabs all over the island! We also almost stepped on a giant land turtle during one of our walks.

20170129_115818_zpszsiqdxdo.jpg

To be continued...

This sounds great! I have always wanted to go to Pinel island! I have read that it can be hard to get a taxi driver to come pick you up. This sounds perfect. I love to kayak. Do you have a link to the kayak company?

This sounds great! I have always wanted to go to Pinel island! I have read that it can be hard to get a taxi driver to come pick you up. This sounds perfect. I love to kayak. Do you have a link to the kayak company?

If you google Caribbean Paddling, it's the first website. I don't think it'll let me post the whole link on here. But it's www dot caribbeanpaddling dot com I really don't think you can beat the price because I think the taxi fare to get to Cul De Sac is a little expensive. It's about a 20 min drive from the pier.

Pinel Island, St. Maarten continued...

My husband had done some snorkeling right off of the main beach and saw several different varieties of fish. We had heard some people talking about how the snorkeling was really good on the other side of the island at a different secluded beach we hadn't been to. We were done snorkeling but wanted to check it out anyways. It took us about 20 mins to get to the opposite side of the island. It wasn't a strenuous walk, just very nice!

This is what we saw before reaching the beach...the vegetation is so diverse and pretty!

20170129_124221_zpsnljhsarj.jpg

Here is the beach.

20170129_124426_zpsirlqfyhs.jpg

There were signs talking about the different types of sea turtles that you might see when snorkeling in this area.

This is a picture from a high point on our way back to the beach. Such beautiful views!!

20170129_101104_zps8wdfwzvm.jpg

We really enjoyed our day on Pinel Island and will be going back next year for sure. We found out that you can take a water taxi from Cul De Sac to Pinel for $24 for 2 people round trip. So if you don't want to kayak out, that may be a good option.

We saw another rainbow as we were sailing away from St. Maarten!

20170129_173132_zpsx7mt4znd.jpg

We have been on this ship two times in the past and we definitely like the ports and we have never done back to back trips; can this be booked online or do we have to use our travel agent?

Thank You, Ron M

You can book the back to back yourself. There's nothing special to do besides booking consecutive cruises, preferably in the same stateroom.

We have been on this ship two times in the past and we definitely like the ports and we have never done back to back trips; can this be booked online or do we have to use our travel agent?

Thank You, Ron M

I would suggest you book through the ship or a travel agent. When I booked a b2b2b through the ship they threw in a free hotel night and free transportation between Miami and FLL for one leg. Just ask if they can assist with any such needs, all they can say is no and you might get a surprise like I did. They appreciate loyalty.

Your pictures are beautiful! Glad you enjoyed Pinel Island. We were there in 2014 and it was our favorite thing we did on that itinerary! We kayaked over to the island as well, which was more challenging that we expected, but still fun! We're going back again this year, but with Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours.

Your pictures are beautiful! Glad you enjoyed Pinel Island. We were there in 2014 and it was our favorite thing we did on that itinerary! We kayaked over to the island as well, which was more challenging that we expected, but still fun! We're going back again this year, but with Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours.

Yes it was more challenging than we thought it would be! My poor husband did most of the work :D It is a wonderful place though! Was worth it! Glad you are enjoying the pics! Enjoy your next trip to Pinel!

Day 3 was at sea and we mainly hung out by the pool taking in the sun!

Day 4 was Bonaire! We'd never been here before so we were so excited to get out on the island. We booked an excursion with Renee Snorkel Trips and visited 2 areas. We snorkeled in each area for about an hour. This was the best snorkeling we've ever done! The colors of the fish are something that I can't describe and photos do not do justice! Renee was a wonderful guide. She only takes groups of 4 at a time so it is a very personal experience.

I don't have many pictures of the snorkeling because they are on our GoPro. Here is a picture from the first snorkel spot.

20170131_090636_zpsdthslmhv.jpg

View from the ship:

20170131_115454_zpse4jnzupf.jpg

View of Klein Bonaire from the ship. Heard the snorkeling was very good here.

20170131_115614_zpshv8oyw6n.jpg

After we got done snorkeling, we decided to walk around town. It is such a cute area and there are so many places to get coffee, gelato, and other food/drinks. Found this spot, Karel's to get a coffee and a beer. Such a great spot over the water and we heard the food was really good.

20170131_154656_zps2ohsntnr.jpg

20170131_154703_zpsq3jw6ej5.jpg

We would love to go back here one day.

Next up: Aruba!

We had read a lot about taking the city bus in Aruba so that is what we did! It was $10 for 2 people to go 1 place round trip. We went to Eagle Beach so it was only $10 for both of us, there and back. You have to buy the bus card before getting on the bus. There are maps inside of the cruise terminal that tell you how to walk there. It takes about 10 mins.

Eagle Beach was beautiful. We heard that it is much less busy than Palm Beach. We paid $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. The beers were quite expensive on the beach - about $5-$7. We ended up walking to a grocery store nearby and paying a little less.

Eagle Beach:

20170201_101146_zpsn1guioim.jpg

20170201_101148_zpsnyprbdcr.jpg

We went parasailing here as well which was gorgeous! The water is so clear and the color is amazing.

16487130_250208898752885_6541862147924066889_o_zpso00uhmfe.jpg

16700625_250206352086473_540340419508648648_o_zpszcofvyai.jpg

Since we didn't leave until 8pm, we got some cool photos of the island as the sun was setting.

20170201_183016_zpsu4q5x55x.jpg

20170201_184615_zpsqlsckgyw.jpg

Yes it was more challenging than we thought it would be! My poor husband did most of the work :D It is a wonderful place though! Was worth it! Glad you are enjoying the pics! Enjoy your next trip to Pinel!

My wife and I joined you on the 28th for the second leg of your trip. Great review so far. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

We had read a lot about taking the city bus in Aruba so that is what we did! It was $10 for 2 people to go 1 place round trip. We went to Eagle Beach so it was only $10 for both of us, there and back. You have to buy the bus card before getting on the bus. There are maps inside of the cruise terminal that tell you how to walk there. It takes about 10 mins.

Eagle Beach was beautiful. We heard that it is much less busy than Palm Beach. We paid $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. The beers were quite expensive on the beach - about $5-$7. We ended up walking to a grocery store nearby and paying a little less.

Eagle Beach:

20170201_101146_zpsn1guioim.jpg

20170201_101148_zpsnyprbdcr.jpg

We went parasailing here as well which was gorgeous! The water is so clear and the color is amazing.

16487130_250208898752885_6541862147924066889_o_zpso00uhmfe.jpg

16700625_250206352086473_540340419508648648_o_zpszcofvyai.jpg

Since we didn't leave until 8pm, we got some cool photos of the island as the sun was setting.

20170201_183016_zpsu4q5x55x.jpg

20170201_184615_zpsqlsckgyw.jpg

Where did you buy the buss card. At the same place you get on the buss?

Where did you buy the buss card. At the same place you get on the buss?

Yep, right outside of the bus stop at a little stand. You'll see the line. Basically when you walk off the ship, just follow the pathway along and you'll end up there. It's not hard to find like it was in Curacao!

Yep, right outside of the bus stop at a little stand. You'll see the line. Basically when you walk off the ship, just follow the pathway along and you'll end up there. It's not hard to find like it was in Curacao!

Awesome! Thanks so much. I haven't figured out what to do in Curacao yet. Did you take a bus to a beach?

Eagle Beach:

Did you snorkel at Eagle beach? if so how was it. I'm trying to find a good beach for my wife and decent snorkeling for me. Enjoying your review, we head out in a few weeks.

Thanks Dave

Did you snorkel at Eagle beach? if so how was it. I'm trying to find a good beach for my wife and decent snorkeling for me. Enjoying your review, we head out in a few weeks.

Thanks Dave

We did not snorkel there and didn't see many people snorkeling around us. But there were fish swimming around us while we were standing in the water so you might have good luck. It's a beautiful place! Hope you find a good place to go!

We saved the best for last!!! 20170202_094844_zps44kxoui7.jpg

We'd never been here before so just like the other ABC islands, we didn't know what to expect. I had read a few things about taking the city bus to beaches here but I didn't write that much down about it. When we saw the price of taxis, we decided to start walking in attempt to find the city bus! We wanted to get to Mambo Beach and taxis were showing to be $40. I'm not sure if that's round trip or one way but either way, it's too much!!

20170202_100455_zps5rbuwsgu.jpg

I'm going to do my best to explain the area of where we got the city bus, but it was quite confusing. When you get off the ship, walk passed the taxi pick up area and along the boardwalk. It runs along the water. Go through Rif Fort and towards the floating bridge (Queen Emma Bridge). --> Seen below

20170202_100719_zpsu02pmwam.jpg

This is such a cool bridge!! When boats are coming into the bay, they literally move the bridge over. So you could get stuck on it! But it's a great experience! After you cross the floating bridge, you are going to want to veer left. From here, we had to ask about 5 people along the way for the bus stop. Basically you want to go left until you can't anymore (due to water) and then you need to turn right. Walk past the floating market and past "New Market" and you will be there. From the ship, it was about 25-30 min walk. BUT it was only $2/person to get to Mambo! WAYYYY better than $40! They were small buses/vans and they don't wait to fill up before they leave. Look at the license plate for the first 3 letters of BUS - not TX (taxi). Most likely you will be riding with locals but it was a cool experience! Let me know if you need any clarification!!