Adventure B2B Review

Time for St. Lucia! I call it the land of the leaf blowers because every time the ship pulls up at the terminal, they are always running those dang blowers! :D:D

We took a taxi to Rodney Bay, Reduit Beach. Make sure you go to the taxi stand to pay and get your tickets. Many people make the mistake of just waiting for a taxi to pick them up in the crowded area and then that time is wasted. You pay for round trip at the stand. It is $28 round trip for 2 people. Definitely not the cheapest taxi ride of the trip! There are many different places to get chairs and umbrellas. If you walked to the left from where we were dropped, the chairs/umbrella were $15. There were also places for $20 and $25. We paid somewhere in the middle, I can't quite remember.

I will say that this isn't my favorite place. They are kind of pushy and just don't make the best impression (in my opinion). In the past, we did Treetop Adventure Ziplining and that was AMAZING! The price went up quite a bit or we would have thought about doing that again. I would recommend that to everyone though!

When we first arrived at the beach, it was super cloudy and we actually got sprinkled on for a few moments!

20170125_123505_zpsnbrtclg6.jpg

Here is proof though not to be discouraged! The sun will shine!

20170125_144612_zpsl4vdoxlm.jpg

20170125_144606_zpsqpzyixkp.jpg

You only get about 15-20 minutes to edit your post.

Thank you for the tip. I knew I'd read something was different with editing on the new update but couldn't remember what. I really love the new update though. I think it's a lot more user friendly now! One of the things that encouraged me to write this review.

Thanks for the review! We are waiting for the Fall 2018 itineraries to be released hoping that these same itineraries repeat as we are planning this same B2B. This will be our 1st B2B.

Chris

So excited for you to go on your 1st B2B! Seeing the luggage in the hallway on the last day of the first week is such a great feeling! Knowing you have another whole week ahead of you is the best feeling! :) We're anxiously awaiting the itineraries for Jan 2019! It's our 10 year anniversary, trying to convince hubs to do B2B2B :eek: Not sure if you've done any research but I found the release dates for 2018-2019:

Week of March 6, 2017

Europe (Phase I), Year-Round Caribbean & Bahamas

Week of March 27, 2017

Northeast & Seasonal Caribbean

Good luck!

Since we'd been on Adventure of the Seas several times in the past, we weren't as worried about getting there early. We stepped on the ship at about 3 that afternoon. There was absolutely no line at the terminal and we were on the ship within about 10 mins!

Getting on the ship that "late", what time did your luggage get delivered to your room? We'll probably be getting on the ship at about 2 and I was wondering what time our luggage might be delivered. I've asked this from other people and have gotten various responses.

Getting on the ship that "late", what time did your luggage get delivered to your room? We'll probably be getting on the ship at about 2 and I was wondering what time our luggage might be delivered. I've asked this from other people and have gotten various responses.

It was there after the muster drill so it got there anytime from 5:30 to 6 while we were gone. We go to late dinner so we weren't in a rush to get it. We also put an outfit in our carry on to wear to dinner in case it didn't get there in time.

Next stop: Barbados!

Barbados is always on the top of our list. The weather is always HOT and the beaches are always so beautiful! Normally we go to The Boatyard beach which is a great place. But we got there a little later (10:30) this time and they were already sold out of chairs! :eek: Darn! We will know better for next year! We had been waiting for about 15 mins for the taxi driver to find 2 more people and we got frustrated and decided to walk. I had heard that the walk was about 15 mins but actually it was about 25-30. It was a nice walk though and I think we'd do it again. Just earlier ;) The taxi was going to be $10 for 2 people one way.

We walked down just a bit from The Boatyard and rented chairs and an umbrella from another place for $15.

20170126_121313_zpsj8re61aw.jpg

20170126_150519_zpsnp2rh9gt.jpg

20170126_150208_zps2mb3grnp.jpg

Such a gorgeous beach! We love Barbados!

Sunset as we are leaving!

20170126_171655_zps5sgzcjva.jpg

Edited by lauraodonnell86

On night 6, we attended the Top Tier party. I was actually surprising how well put together it was. Captain Shawn came and talked and the ballroom dancers also performed!

20170126_201234_zpssxagtvdr.jpg

20170126_200125_zpskouzhhlk.jpg

After dinner, we hung out at the Duck and Dog. It is our favorite place and is very good for people watching on the Royal Promenade :D

20170126_232100_zpshatflzsf.jpg

We were also onboard for the same b2b. Didn't do beaches and since we've been to most of the islands pretty much just wandered around. Did do the George Washington House tour. We had once tried to find it our own with no luck so the tour this time. The house was good and the guide at the house was very good. By chance we were at the Garrison on Thursday at noon when they do a re-enactment of the changing of the guard. Very good.

As to the internet. It worked fine but I didn't try and stream anything, just the surf. I managed to use my dh's an my free minutes to cover most of the week an didn't pay for anything.

We had an E1 aft, with a corner balcony, 8390. It was small but the big balcony was great.

On night 6, we attended the Top Tier party. I was actually surprising how well put together it was. Captain Shawn came and talked and the ballroom dancers also performed!

20170126_201234_zpssxagtvdr.jpg

20170126_200125_zpskouzhhlk.jpg

After dinner, we hung out at the Duck and Dog. It is our favorite place and is very good for people watching on the Royal Promenade :D

20170126_232100_zpshatflzsf.jpg

Hi! Thanks for posting your review.

We are on the b2b on Feb. 18 and Feb. 25th.

Did you notice at the top tier party did they present people with their crystal blocks for reaching a milestone ?

Thanks.

Sent from my L9 using Tapatalk

Hi! Thanks for posting your review.

We are on the b2b on Feb. 18 and Feb. 25th.

Did you notice at the top tier party did they present people with their crystal blocks for reaching a milestone ?

Thanks.

Sent from my L9 using Tapatalk

No they did not. We went to both top tier parties and that didn't happen at either. There is a new loyalty ambassador and I think she's still learning the ropes. I saw someone picking theirs up at the ambassador's desk.

Do you remember the name of the entertainer at the pub? We love hanging out there!

Had to grab my cruise compass to confirm this one! It was Lukas Borsten. The crowds seemed to like him but I will say that he wasn't as good as Derek Lewis last year. Lukas did a good job though and it was standing room only pretty much every night!

Had surf and stream in September and it was pretty decent. Good enough to stream netflix movies. Don't know if it was voom back then.

Cindy

Thanks, Do you remember the price? Sept is a long time ago :)

I have never pre booked the internet but I did this time. And was wondering if it makes sense. Usually on board I get a $20 off being diamond.

Next up: Antigua (one of my faves!)

I put this on my roll call board and I feel that it's worth mentioning on here. The taxi drivers in Antigua are very pushy and will try to talk you in to going to the beach that they want to drive to. So if you want to go to a certain beach, be strong lol. Most of them drive small vans/buses and generally wait for 6-8 people to join until they will take you. It is quite chaotic in my opinion compared to other ports but it is worth it when you get to the beach!!

We took a taxi to Dickenson Bay. We'd never been there before and wanted to try it out. It was about a 10 min drive. I'm sorry I can't remember the fare for the taxi but I don't think it was too bad. I will update this when I get home with the amount. I will also confirm on the chair prices.

Where we were dropped off, the Sandals resort was to our right as you are looking at the water. We walked to the left though to get a chair. It was a GORGEOUS beach! See for yourself...

20170124_101229_zpsgv73c3cp.jpg

This little "bay" area is where we swam. Water was very calm and no rocks to worry about.

20170124_102005_zpsoh1l8kzy.jpg

These are near the Sandals property. We love walking the beach and came across these while we were on our walk.

20170124_102253_zpsfim6aq7w.jpg

When we walked the other way, we came to a point (at the end of Dickenson Bay) and it was so beautiful. There is something about the color of the rock, the sky, and the water....

20170124_120708_zps9jpgjr06.jpg

20170124_120318_zpskmsctzbm.jpg

A rainbow off in the distance during sail away!

20170124_173514_zpszbamy1wq.jpg

WOW!!! So beautiful. I can't wait. Thanks for your review, it's been so helpful.

It was there after the muster drill so it got there anytime from 5:30 to 6 while we were gone. We go to late dinner so we weren't in a rush to get it. We also put an outfit in our carry on to wear to dinner in case it didn't get there in time.

Thanks. My wife and I are planning to pack our "dinner wear" in carryons just in case.

Laura,

What a wonderful B2B itinerary. We have not done one yet and this looks to be a great set of islands. We love all the Southern isles. Thanks for posting your review... we do a slightly different itinerary in May and this is helping to build the excitement.

I'm trying to decide between Cosol tour (which seems busy and a long bus ride) or the Treetop ziplining. Any suggestions?

After reading this review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52262036#post52262036 about Cosol, I will stick with Treetop Adventure Park! It is so amazing! You should go and see the reviews on Trip Advisor!

Our last day of the first leg was a day at sea. It was nice to relax since we'd been on the run for the last 6 days! We slept in and then hung out at the pool! It was nice to watch the sun set!

20170127_180255_zpsyifhszwk.jpg

20170127_180729_zps4ha6vkbe.jpg

The best thing about a back to back cruise is seeing all the luggage out in the hall and not having to set ours out! :p

20170127_222316_zpsoeacbgua.jpg

Since we're now to transition day, I'm gonna pause to talk about the ship and our experiences on board.

This was our 5th and 6th cruises on Adventure. Obviously, we love the ship. We've thought about sailing on the Jewel on the same routes but we LOVE the Royal Promenade and we think we'd really miss that on Jewel. We also like the Solarium being open and not covered. Therefore, we stick with Adventure and are very happy. I felt like a kid when I saw the slides for the first time. They make the ship look great and they are fun!

Here are a few pics my husband shot one night of the new Splashaway Bay, Flow Rider, and slides.

20170201_190816_zpsanads9ng.jpg

20170201_190112_zpsbn8dsail.jpg

20170201_190018_zpswyizlw7k.jpg

Our dining experience was great when it came to the food. We were happy with 95% of what we ate in Windjammer and MDR. Our table assignments were a little messed up both weeks but we made it work. I liked the change in some of the menu items. A lot of the food was the same though, which is fine with me because I have always liked the food. Like many people say, it depends on the person and what kind of food you are used to on whether or not you will like it.

The entertainment was wonderful in our opinion. We REALLY enjoy the ice show and went to it both weeks. I hardly ever hear anyone say anything negative about the ice show. We didn't go the first 2 years on Adventure because we weren't really into ice skating. I'm so glad that we decided to go last year! We (mainly I) love the production shows with the singers and dancers. The production shows were Jackpot, Invitation to Dance and Can't Stop the Rock. We were not a fan of Jackpot. Invitation to Dance and Can't Stop the Rock were awesome. The orchestra was especially great and we really enjoyed them during our cruise.

There were 3 different comedians during the span of our 2 weeks and all were really funny. We attended all of their shows including the late night comedy.