$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

RCCL says the reservation the charge is on, they were charged the same amount as well. So whoever's reservation it is on has an excess about of $1,400.

I've been following along silently for the past few days. Just all very crazy to me! I do hope it is resolved soon!

This is what is really crazy to me. Their reservation was overcharged but RCCL never noticed it? I don't understand why RCCL's system would have generated an invoice for more money when another payment was already applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCCL says the reservation the charge is on, they were charged the same amount as well. So whoever's reservation it is on has an excess about of $1,400.

I don't believe this at all. There is no excess on that other reservation. That $1400 was need to make final payment for that "other" reservation. She has a borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. And these "other" people have sailed and don't know a thing about this.

Only you never agreed to pay someone else's cruise fare. That is the only explanation as to why your card was used as you deposit was made in June and final pmt in December. She had to specifically get you CC info out to use it! As much as I would like this to be a simple error, this TA is likely a thief. If she has done this once, she has likely done it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't believe this at all. There is no excess on that other reservation. That $1400 was need to make final payment for that "other" reservation. She has a borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. And these "other" people have sailed and don't know a thing about this.

Only you never agreed to pay someone else's cruise fare. That is the only explanation as to why your card was used as you deposit was made in June and final pmt in December. She had to specifically get you CC info out to use it! As much as I would like this to be a simple error, this TA is likely a thief. If she has done this once, she has likely done it before.

1000% agree. I cannot believe the parent TA company said that we (guest on random reservation and myself) were both charged. How could that possibly happen without RCCL knowing. I would assume that the online payment processing would refuse to process an amount that isn't owed so only one card can be charged the amount owed (obviously mine). Plus the other guest cannot call RCCL and make a payment, it has to be the TA. None of this makes any sense. At all.

I just need someone to flipping confirm it so I can continue on with the legal process. I think they both know what happened but the party that committed the crime (TA therefore TA parent company) is trying to negotiate with RCCL.

Next time you hear from RCCL ASK if the other reservation has already sailed. If final pmt is usually 90 days from sailing then that reservation sailed in December.

Is your TA still active on FB but MIA to you? Send her a copy of a completed police report :D

Next time you hear from RCCL ASK if the other reservation has already sailed. If final pmt is usually 90 days from sailing then that reservation sailed in December.Is your TA still active on FB but MIA to you? Send her a copy of a completed police report :DSent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked RCCL if they had sailed and they said they couldn't tell me :( :( uuuugh. Exec from RCCL did say that she was reaching out to the guests if she didn't hear back from my TA today. Not sure why she would do that if we were both charged, unless RCCL gave them back my money?? Hahaha I have a feeling we've gone down the rabbit hole to never return.

TA is very much active on FB and shows up as available on messenger on FB 99% of the day :') I refuse to contact her though. Our last communication was that she would contact me Monday (2/13) and she didn't even do that. Since I have communication with RCCL, one phone call from the parent TA company, and the help of the incredible Dwayne at Elliot, I'm just not going to chase her.

I wish I could GET a police report. I'd have to call Galveston PD and waste their time since I have no actual proof yet. Hubs won't let me waste their time because there's 0.00000000001% chance this is still RCCL's screw up, and then I would have filed a false police report and my hubs would be forced to turn me in :'):')

Your right! Why would RCCL be calling them? It's YOUR credit card that was used "In Error" (wink wink) to the wrong account. They need to reverse the payment. You have over paid RCCL by $1400 and it's not your concern how they deal with it behind the scenes.

I'm going to get someone on the line for this. In September if I could have just gotten my money back quickly without complication I would have let it go. Now... someone is 100% at fault, for this to be a mistake or accident is so far out of the realm of possibility, and I will take them to task. 99.99999% sure it's my TA, and she will pay quite dearly. Unfortunately AFTER we get back because we leave for Florida in 10 days!!! :o:o:o

I hope so!!! Doubtful, but always a possibility. If you are lurking .... Hi! I will be happy to take legal action when I have all of the confirmed documentation :)

I wouldn't doubt that the TA is reading this, the Cruise Line is reading this and TA Corporate Office too.

Making comments about legal action and "taking them to task" are not going to do anything but hurt your case. If you do end up having to sue the TA, you don't want to end up being sued for slander.

You have people working on it, they are calling you daily now. Best to just let it play out.

I wouldn't doubt that the TA is reading this, the Cruise Line is reading this and TA Corporate Office too.

Making comments about legal action and "taking them to task" are not going to do anything but hurt your case. If you do end up having to sue the TA, you don't want to end up being sued for slander.

You have people working on it, they are calling you daily now. Best to just let it play out.

918Baker has NEVER Never in the very long thread even hinted at the identity of this TA. So there is no slander. It very unlikely she will ever go to court as someone will return her $1400 "misapplied, clerical error, overpayment" in the next few days!

She has not named and shamed this person so no slander has occurred ;)

I apologize if my venting sounds like slander. I'm simply frustrated. Other than agreeing with others I have never said that I KNOW anything for a fact. All roads lead in one direction at the moment but I do say there is still a small chance there is another outcome. The only identifying info about the TA is the city she lives in. It is also a tourist area with a million TAs.

I am certain that this will be resolved. Hopefully before we leave town as I am not paying for internet on the ship and so they'll have to live without communication from me for 11 days! 11 sweet vacation days. Please let me on the ship even with this chaos.

Don't worry about a slander suit, slander is only for oral statements. As for a libel suit, the person would have to prove that you made false statements and that you did so with malice.

I would absolutely not start paying for travel using a debit card. Credit cards give you far better protection for fraud and many include free travel insurance.

I apologize if my venting sounds like slander. I'm simply frustrated. Other than agreeing with others I have never said that I KNOW anything for a fact. All roads lead in one direction at the moment but I do say there is still a small chance there is another outcome. The only identifying info about the TA is the city she lives in. It is also a tourist area with a million TAs. I am certain that this will be resolved. Hopefully before we leave town as I am not paying for internet on the ship and so they'll have to live without communication from me for 11 days! 11 sweet vacation days. Please let me on the ship even with this chaos.

No need to apologize, I am sure the whole situation is very stressful. This should never have taken this long to trace to the source of the error. I hope they issue your refund very soon, so you can start worrying about packing.:D

Have you considered filing a complaint with the Better Business Burea? Against both the TA and RCCL.

Not yet! I really really don't want to get kicked off of my cruise with RCCL. I now have the parent TA company involved so I'm hoping they can get my TA in line. Fingers crossed :)

I'm so sorry this is happening and I'm absolutely no help. But, I CAN'T understand how a company can receive $1400 and not know where it came from!! Maybe I'm such a small fish and unable to understand big business or big finance. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

I'm positive they know where it came from, they just don't want to tell me yet. Gotta love waiting :) right now I'm dealing with two HUGE companies (RCCL and parent TA company) that are probably negotiating who is going to take the fall for what (the fraud, the delay in response to the fraud, so on and so forth)

When they tell you that in September each of you was billed 1400$, I keep thinking that the final payment was $2800 and it was split evenly with both of you....

Your TA was supposed to find someone else's credit card to 'split/payback' the 1400$ when she put your final payment thru - she either forgot it was ready to be busted...

When they tell you that in September each of you was billed 1400$, I keep thinking that the final payment was $2800 and it was split evenly with both of you....Your TA was supposed to find someone else's credit card to 'split/payback' the 1400$ when she put your final payment thru - she either forgot it was ready to be busted...

Hhmmmmmm. Again, not something this brain would have ever thought of. Very very interesting thought. I know my friends that are sharing the cabin next to ours split their payments and paid separately. So I could have easily paid up for someone's share. Good lord I'm never going to sleep again :'):')

When they tell you that in September each of you was billed 1400$, I keep thinking that the final payment was $2800 and it was split evenly with both of you....Your TA was supposed to find someone else's credit card to 'split/payback' the 1400$ when she put your final payment thru - she either forgot it was ready to be busted...

If it was an "honest" mistake I don't think the TA would go into hiding.

Highly suspicious.

Bill

If it was an "honest" mistake I don't think the TA would go into hiding.Highly suspicious.

Bill

I agree...which brings me back to a suggestion I made earlier. Maybe the OP should ask if contacting the District Attorney would help speed the process of determining who is being less than honest about the situation.

I agree...which brings me back to a suggestion I made earlier. Maybe the OP should ask if contacting the District Attorney would help speed the process of determining who is being less than honest about the situation.

A district attorney is not going to get involved over a $1,400 CC charge.

A district attorney is not going to get involved over a $1,400 CC charge.

You don't think an Arizona district attorney would investigate a possible felony theft?

Not the same situation, but years ago in Texas there was an organization that was stone-walling an investigation into questionable financial dealings by local media. Someone found out that they might have used bogus information in a mailed solicitation...bringing mail fraud and other felonies into play. It is amazing how cooperative people get when the person asking questions has a badge, weapon and search warrant.

The fact that the money was "taken" in one state and transferred to another makes this a much more serious matter.

Another option is to bring the local TV consumer investigation team in...really bad press can also be a great motivator. Someone mentioned getting kicked off the cruise. If escalating made either the TA or RCI "retaliate" then I would consider doing something I am always very hesitant in doing...contacting an attorney.

Many here may not want to admit it...both either the TA, RCI or both appear to be, in the strictest definition, violating the law. No contract ever written allows a company to do that.

At this point the OP should be well past merely needing the return of their money. Someone needs to make serious efforts at compensating them for their inconvenience, stress and time...not to mention the use of their money.