Dining room on Carnival

paschickling

I've searched a bit but couldn't find any recent information. We've been on a couple of cruises with Carnival already but we chose your time dining for those cruises. On our cruise in June 2018, I decided to try the assigned dining time. I've read a few different things about the experience itself but I was wondering how you receive the table assignment. Does the cruise line contact you at some point before the cruise? Do we get to give our preferences?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I've searched a bit but couldn't find any recent information. We've been on a couple of cruises with Carnival already but we chose your time dining for those cruises. On our cruise in June 2018, I decided to try the assigned dining time. I've read a few different things about the experience itself but I was wondering how you receive the table assignment. Does the cruise line contact you at some point before the cruise? Do we get to give our preferences?

You will select either early or late fixed dining. You will receive your seat assignment when you receive your S&S card. If you are not happy with your seating, you will have to visit the maitre d' on the first day and request a change.

You will select either early or late fixed dining. You will receive your seat assignment when you receive your S&S card. If you are not happy with your seating, you will have to visit the maitre d' on the first day and request a change.

Thank you, unless the people we end up sitting with turn out to be a-holes then I don't think we'll have an issue

99% of the time you will be seated with nice people. The weird/rude/gross ones are few and far between. Most people on a cruise are trying to have a good time and open to being friendly with their table mates. The good news is if you get someone you don't want to dine with, all you have to do is tell the Maitre'd and he will move you to another table.

I firmly believe those who routinely have "nightmare" tablemates are probably the problem themselves! We have NEVER had tablemates that were anything but pleasant...most are downright fun! After all, you're all on vacation, on a cruise...so there's the "common ground" right there.

Do NOT be afraid of tablemates!