Status Match?

kerryincork

I used my loyalty card from a popular travel agents which I was gold. I think with that card it was 10 cruises booked through them from inside to suits.

I assume that MSC know how many cruises people have to take on different lines. The info is readily available on the various cruise line sites.

I have read here that carnival seems to get a lower match. I would pick which ever loyalty program you have you had most cruises with highest level.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am currently Emerald on Royal and wonder what level MSC would status match me to?

I will be diamond after our October cruise should I wait until I turn Diamond or just go ahead now. I have a cruise already booked for Feb 2018 with MSC wasn't aware of status match at time of booking.

I appreciate any responses.

I will be diamond after our October cruise should I wait until I turn Diamond or just go ahead now. I have a cruise already booked for Feb 2018 with MSC wasn't aware of status match at time of booking.

Definitely wait until you reach Diamond! You only get one shot at Status Match, so don't waste it by matching too early. You will have plenty of time to do it after you get home from your October cruise, and you will be matched to Black if you wait until then. If you do it now, you will only get Gold on MSC, and any further cruises with RCI will count for nothing as far as MSC is concerned. Don't do it now.

Definitely wait until you reach Diamond! You only get one shot at Status Match, so don't waste it by matching too early. You will have plenty of time to do it after you get home from your October cruise, and you will be matched to Black if you wait until then. If you do it now, you will only get Gold on MSC, and any further cruises with RCI will count for nothing as far as MSC is concerned. Don't do it now.

Thank you so very much for your response. I will heed your advice and wait until I return in October.

My status match came back the next day. I had to submit my BFs status match twice, because the first time we waited over a week and heard nothing. I did it a second time and he heard back the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they email you or call you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi.... I haven't yet cruised on MSC and have a question on the status match program.

Once I apply for the match (diamond on rccl is black on msc) will I be black status on all future cruises with them?

I booked my MSC cruise online with a certain well known Travel Agent just 2 days ago. I applied for the Status Match the same day. I got the email back from MSC with the member numbers the next morning and sent this straight on to the TA to request the 5% discount.

I've just got a very unhelpful email back from the TA (who is based in America but sell to the UK market) to say MSC are quoting a 24hr window to request this 5% discount after booking!!! Has anyone else heard of this?

I'm not sure how much quicker I could have done it?

I booked my MSC cruise online with a certain well known Travel Agent just 2 days ago. I applied for the Status Match the same day. I got the email back from MSC with the member numbers the next morning and sent this straight on to the TA to request the 5% discount.

I've just got a very unhelpful email back from the TA (who is based in America but sell to the UK market) to say MSC are quoting a 24hr window to request this 5% discount after booking!!! Has anyone else heard of this?

I'm not sure how much quicker I could have done it?

Clue please re the travel agency that you can book from the UK? If possible that is?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not heard of this, but it's not unreasonable to require Voyagers Club membership at the time of booking in order to claim the Voyagers Club discount. You could easily have applied for Status Match before booking. It's true that many people have reported being able to do things the other way around, but if MSC now wants to get stricter about this, that's fair enough.

On the other hand, if it's a matter of your TA not pushing hard enough for you, then you should consider changing TAs. Can you cancel without fees? If so, I would do so (or at least threaten to, and see what happens).