Status Match?

kerryincork

Less than one hour too. My TA tried to add the discount to my upcoming cruise and it was successful.

Did you gave your TA your Voyagers Club number when you booked your cruise and status matched later or did you become a member after booking your cruise?

I feel that I have to give up on the 5% discount because MSC in Sweden say no because I didn't gave them my number when I booked my cruise. (MSC say that the rules are the same everywhere but from what I have seen on cruise critic that seems incorrect. )

My status match came back the next day. I had to submit my BFs status match twice, because the first time we waited over a week and heard nothing. I did it a second time and he heard back the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the time of booking i had the "Welcome" status, without discount. Afterwards i realised the possibillity of Status Match and my TA tried it successfully. I was traveling with Carnival for one time in 2016.

Thanks Klaus.

I really understand if only those with membership at booking get the discount but it seems like some people around the world have been able to get the discount when becoming members after booking.

What was your reason to become member before you booked your cruise? I didn't even thought about until I had booked my cruise and then it was to late to get the discount.

Thanks Klaus.

I really understand if only those with membership at booking get the discount but it seems like some people around the world have been able to get the discount when becoming members after booking.

What was your reason to become member before you booked your cruise? I didn't even thought about until I had booked my cruise and then it was to late to get the discount.

Now i checked my mails according MSC, because i am not sure anymore. The day i asked my TA to make the booking i became Voyagers Club Member. The same day, but only Welcome status.

You have to finish one MSC cruise to get the discount.

Edited by KlausM999

Now i checked my mails according MSC, because i am not sure anymore. The day i asked my TA to make the booking i became Voyagers Club Member. The same day, but only Welcome status.

You have to finish one MSC cruise to get the discount.

That is the case without status match and starting at the bottom. With status match to another line or hotel loyalty program, you will get higher than the Welcome status and be able to add the Voyagers Club 5% disount to an already existing booking, even before ever stepping foot on an MSC ship. I did the status match to my NCL Latitudes more than a year after booking with MSC and was able to call and have the 5% discount applied to my existing booking. I am in the US and i know of many others here on CC that have done the same, but I don't know if this is dependent on what country you reside in or which countries site you book through.

It took me about 4 business days to get mine back. I submitted it on a Friday, and heard back from them the following Wednesday.

My DH's I just heard back about yesterday and I submitted it over the weekend.

I am another one who booked first then got it added. My TA added it today for me, and I already have my new invoice from them with the 5% discount on it.

Before I booked our cruise I did call MSC and ask so I could hear it from them also, and they told me everything would be retroactive also that I could add it later if I wanted.

US rules are generally different that EU or Asia rules so... who knows what they do elsewhere.

I am another one who booked first then got it added. My TA added it today for me, and I already have my new invoice from them with the 5% discount on it.

Before I booked our cruise I did call MSC and ask so I could hear it from them also, and they told me everything would be retroactive also that I could add it later if I wanted.

US rules are generally different that EU or Asia rules so... who knows what they do elsewhere.

The rules are generally different, what bothers me is that MSC say that the rules are the same everywhere but they still don't want to give me the discount.

It took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls and sending the information to them twice, but I finally got my Status Match. One huge thing to keep in mind that made me very angry after a lengthy ordeal was that the 5% discount is NOT in addition to any Military, Civil Service, etc. discount. I was told by the original booking agent that it was in addition to the previous discount, but that apparently was incorrect.

I had booked for a June 2016 cruise not knowing about the status match. I went back and submitted the status match request and got it within a week and points too. Then I called MSC and by phone was given the 5% discount right away.

I also had a very easy experience booking with MSC, and then submitting for our status match (RCI Diamond to MSC Black Card.) As soon as I heard from MSC that we were given the status match, I emailed our CSR at MSC and he reissued my invoice with our discount. The whole process took a couple of days tops.

I booked and then did the status match. They gave me the discount on my already booked cruise without me asking for it. I finally got around to doing my husband's status match a couple of months later and then realized I had received the discount for both of us when I did my status match.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to find info on which loyalty program would be best for us to match. MSC says cruiseline or hotel cards. We haven't been on many cruises but have a decent amount of hotel cards. Is there some place I can go to see what would be best for us?

Thanks!