Confused with Royal upgrade policy

Could use a little enlightment here. I just finished my call with Royal, currently booked in a Large Interior under the KSF promo, tried to upgrade to a Family Oceanview but was told that i have to give up the promo that i have in order to upgrade to this cabin(I was tryin to add another guest, hence the upgrade).

I remember being in the same spot last year but i was able to carry over the KSF promo that i initially booked in. I will attempt to call them again, but i wanna be informed this time... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the KSF promo is not active right now, then you won't be able to carry it over when you change stateroom category. Changing stateroom categories requires you to book under today's prices and promos.

If the KSF promo is not active right now, then you won't be able to carry it over when you change stateroom category. Changing stateroom categories requires you to book under today's prices and promos.

Thank you..there's no need for me to call again, i shall wait then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So- Bob- I booked an interior room this weekend with the WOW special-got an OBC credit for $100.00- If I upgrade to a balcony after final payment-which I did on my last Dec. Freedom cruise- I would lost my OBC? I asked the Royal Carribean agent if I would keep my OBC- if I did this again and he said -Yes- So he was wrong? Thanks-Melinda

So- Bob- I booked an interior room this weekend with the WOW special-got an OBC credit for $100.00- If I upgrade to a balcony after final payment-which I did on my last Dec. Freedom cruise- I would lost my OBC? I asked the Royal Carribean agent if I would keep my OBC- if I did this again and he said -Yes- So he was wrong? Thanks-Melinda

If the OBC was attached to a limited time promo, and that (or similar) OBC is not available on some other promo when you decide to upgrade, then you will lose it. The only OBC you can keep when you upgrade, regardless of promo, is the OBC from booking onboard.