Flow rider question

Be careful. Was on "Ovation" recently and a male (aged from 20's to 60's!) had to be winched off and medevaced to Noumea with fracture of the spine, caused by an accident on the Flow Rider.

We saw a young man wipe out pretty bad on the boogie board. The board got turned sideways and he was slammed into the back. Hurt his leg and saw him in a wheelchair the rest of the cruise.

On a positive note RCI will pay for the ONBOARD medical bill - because they are afraid to be sued because of the accidents on the flowrider....

My son hurt his wrist on the Flowrider 2 years ago, and you wouldn't believe how quickly you get their attention in the medical center when you walk in there and say "Flowrider".

My son hurt his wrist on the Flowrider 2 years ago, and you wouldn't believe how quickly you get their attention in the medical center when you walk in there and say "Flowrider".

Wishing that I had known that a couple years ago when I fell and slammed into the back wall injuring my shoulder. I ended spending money on 2 acupuncture sessions in the spa. The treatments did work though.

Interesting read. I remember my first Flowrider cruise was in 2006 on Freedom, which as we all know had the first one. By the time I boarded, Freedom was 2 years old and Liberty had also come out. Royal hasn't released a new ship without one since have they? We also know that they have added them to existing Voyager class ships. I guess it adds to the things that distinguish their ships from others. The concept was pretty new still when I was on Freedom and I waited till the final sea day to try it after seeing a lot of walking wounded that week. I've done the boogy boarding only on Freedom and Allure. Glad I did it, I get a lot of response for my flowrider pics on Facebook, a lot of people are still amazed you can do something like that at sea.

Interesting read. I remember my first Flowrider cruise was in 2006 on Freedom, which as we all know had the first one. By the time I boarded, Freedom was 2 years old and Liberty had also come out. Royal hasn't released a new ship without one since have they? We also know that they have added them to existing Voyager class ships. I guess it adds to the things that distinguish their ships from others. The concept was pretty new still when I was on Freedom and I waited till the final sea day to try it after seeing a lot of walking wounded that week. I've done the boogy boarding only on Freedom and Allure. Glad I did it, I get a lot of response for my flowrider pics on Facebook, a lot of people are still amazed you can do something like that at sea.

We switched to Royal specifically for the flowrider and I know a bunch of others who go Royal for that same reason as well. So it has definitely helped get people to cruise Royal. I love it, spend half my cruise there, so does the wife.