Arrival assignments times

kevn123

I was completing my set sail pass for my upcoming cruise and had to select an arrival time to embark. This is the 1st time I have seen this after 30 cruises with RC. Does anyone know if these assignments are enforced and what happens if I show up to the pier early? Will I have to wait until my time? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was completing my set sail pass for my upcoming cruise and had to select an arrival time to embark. This is the 1st time I have seen this after 30 cruises with RC. Does anyone know if these assignments are enforced and what happens if I show up to the pier early? Will I have to wait until my time? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why you think this is new. That question had been there for years. This is different than the request to board by deck that pops up from time to time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

All cruise lines we've been on use this process. They hope that they can stagger the arrivals to make it go smoother. As it turns out a lot of people, including us, show up early and we've never had a time where we've had to wait very long. It might make it more boring for the check-in workers after the initial rush, but they probably welcome the break.

I'm sure if they ever start enforcing it as more than a suggestion we'll hear about it in these forums pretty quickly.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...