Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2017 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

I only saw the dance-offs and elimination last night so I'll have to go back and watch the rest. CA's dress is really pretty but I agree about the nude colored panel in the front. Just make the dress less low cut. Or use a matching fabric like the fabric on the skirt.

I liked Erin's dress except I didn't think the color was the best on her.

Where was Julianne?

I really like CA's now that I can see it all--thanks for posting that. I know I could look it up myself, but......

I like Erin's less in that photo--really a harsh look.

I don't mind looking for shots. It's so easy to post screenshots or photos from my tablet when compared to my laptop.

I really don't mind the "illusion" look on a lot of styles right now, i.e. CA's dress top. Hers was rather minimal so you didn't get the illusion effect very well. But I like the color and texture.

Didn't care for Erin's look this week but it wasn't horrible.

I guess Nancy or Nick weren't going to win anyway so it doesn't matter when they leave; it's just too bad Nancy had to go now, since she's so much better than David Ross or Bonner. Oh well. It happens every year. It's just a good thing Bonner is spelled with two N's...I keep saying it the other way (:o).

I am not a fan of the cold shoulder look. Erin's dress was cut nicely except for that.

I liked the top of Carrie Ann's but when she stood up it looked funny. Maybe it was just the angle of the camera.

Definitely the right person went home although I am surprised that one contestant is still there. Really like the person but he/she is not the best dancer.

Liked Julianne's look. Can't find a full length photo yet.

Didn't like CarrieAnne's gown and liked it less when I saw the full length. Looks like they didn't have time to shorten it. The style also is kinda dated to me in that floral. Looks like a vintage couch or sofa fabric.df8af2ba71ac828cc8658a8358a0da2f.jpg

In the photo above I like CA's dress except for the print. JA looked very nice; I liked Erin's dress except for the low sleeves; looks so confining.

Okay with who went home; still not the worst dancer left thought. Normani is so good!

Found them on people's style file.

I like Erin's better than on my tv.

I didn't remember Julianne's having one long sleeve? I liked it better in my head when I thought it just had a very wide shoulder.

242c530c480d18659c11d8435175bb7c.jpg

I need to stop watching this show right before I go to bed. I had the hottest dream last night about Val. And I'm not even attracted to Val! Alan, maybe. :)

But anyway...

I must be on a different wavelength on the dresses. I thought CA's dress was very pretty. She looks good in that silvery color. The fabric was kind of heavy, so it might be better for a winter occasion. I loved J's black dress and long ponytail. Now that I've seen a picture, I think the slit is too high but otherwise, she looked great. I didn't like E's dress with the droopy sleeves at all. That green is one of my least favorite colors and I think it is unflattering on most people. Simone's red dress would be perfect for a cruise elegant night.

Len's comments to Bonner were pretty harsh after his first dance but he was right. It's not fair to keep people in the competition longer than they should be there. They get frustrated and injured.

David is a clunky dancer but you just can't help but love him. He seems like such a genuinely nice man.

I cracked up when Tom danced on the judges table. :D

Found time finally to post my thoughts.

I liked Erin's dress in that finally it wasn't too tight, wasn't too low cut, and wasn't too high necked. Color was ok.

I loved CAs dress and look with the one shoulder black dress. I didn't care for JA's dress top (looked so retro) until I saw Kerri's picture of the full length above. It looks better in the full length.

Poor Bonner, he tried so hard but he's so physically limited. Glad he's gone now. Love David but not as a dancer, lol.

I understand the criticism of Simone but I also understand her reasoning for not showing emotion - 14 years of gymnastics training where all you do is smile. No acting required. Now she has to act the part. I think she may come in 2nd, with Normani coming in first. We shall see!

Wow! I was as amazed with the results as the judges were! The looks on their faces were incredible.

I did not like any of the dresses. What was with those embroidered tulle things hanging from Julianne's shoulders???:confused: I liked the fabric of Erin's dress but not the cut.

I was also surprised last night.

Loved Nomani's jazz dance and her Grandma kissing Val on the lips. I'm not a total Val fan girl, but GO GRANDMA!

I think Rashad's rumba was the best rumba for me this season. Some are too fast.

Hopefully next weeks final dances are fun.

Erin's silver dress made her look a bit too straight with no curves too me. Haven't found a photo yet.

I think I like CarrieAnne's floral gown.

Julianne's maybe had too much tulle happening.

I liked the concept a lot. It reminds me of pressed flowers.

I can see myself catching it on everything. Rough door frames, plants, jewelry, women wearing sequins, Bruno...

8d23bf5e22748133bc7c8223f49ed3ca.jpg

97c3938300e095eb9b314a710b674c42.jpg

6f6638e7ac0def8d725e038e7f8daff4.jpg

I actually liked the style of Erin's dress with the turtleneck/no shoulders/sparkly silver. J's was a hot mess, and I didn't see much of C's, but thanks to Kerri's picture, it was pretty.

Shocked at who was voted out. Wouldn't that be hilarious if David actually won? Normani and Rashad deserve to be in the top 3. David's personality and not-too-awful dancing got him into the finals - I do like him a lot, but not as a dancer.

Always interesting, this show!

What the heck with the voting! David seems amazing as a person but he shouldn't have gotten to the finals.

Carrie Ann's been wearing a lot of prints this season. I thought her dress was pretty but prints just don't seem as elegant to me. I didn't mind JA's look - it was kind of fairy tail-ish. Except for the black sash, which didn't go with the rest. (KandC, your comment about her dress catching on Bruno was hilarious.) Erin's dress was cut all wrong for her. It had too much side boob and no waist. I did like Lindsey's blue tango dress though.

Not sure what's up with all of Emma and Sasha's kissing. We all know they're engaged, they don't need to keep proving it. :) But I am happy for Emma since she finally got a good partner.

I liked Erin's dress except for the fit at the waist, and her hair was pretty too. Ca's and J's dresses were okay; too much stuff around Julie's shoulders though.

The voting is getting ridiculous. I get that David seems to be a really nice guy and apparently there are a lot of Cubs/baseball fans voting, but to vote off Simone is really not right. Carrie Ann has a lot to answer for with her out there criticisms based on supposed lack of emotion or not the right kind of emotion, which I did not notice to any degree.

The voting is getting ridiculous. I get that David seems to be a really nice guy and apparently there are a lot of Cubs/baseball fans voting, but to vote off Simone is really not right. Carrie Ann has a lot to answer for with her out there criticisms based on supposed lack of emotion or not the right kind of emotion, which I did not notice to any degree.

I did notice it. Simone had a hard time emotionally connecting to the dances and often had (I thought) a fake smile, whether the dance called for it or not. But should she have gone before David? No way! I think she was at a disadvantage because she and Normani are both technically perfect but Normani was able to show her personality while Simone was just learning to do that. In another season, I think Simone could have won.

I bet Carrie Ann feels bad now though for being so vocal about it. She sure looked shocked when they said the results. I guess I'd better vote next week or I can't complain if David wins.

I liked the dresses too--especially Erin's, which is the only one I could see well. I agree that it should be Normani, Rashaad, David, but who knows. Come on, 10's for David's free style? Yes, it was fun to watch, but he's still nowhere near a 10. And JA gave both Normani and David 9's?

Well now I'm thinking maybe Rashad will win (OMG I nodded off during his first dance!). I thought Rashad's second dance was very energetic and "busy". I loved David's second dance but I guess the judges were giving everybody 10s for their freestyles. That's not judging, that's gift-giving.

I liked Erin's dress last night, would love to see J & C's dresses full-length (c'mon Kerri :D) - didn't care for the top of J's dress but need to see the rest of it.

I'll have to cheat tonight and check the Internet at 7 p.m. PST to see who won.

I think I like Erin's dress best, even though it's black and needs some jewelry as usual.

CarrieAnne's is a bit odd to me. Maybe if the main fabric of the dress was darker or closer to the metallic shade.

It makes me think of a figure skating costume set to Game of Thrones music.

Julianne's is way too short if that first photo is what I'm seeing. Looks like it ends right at her butt. The top is pretty, but there's a lot going on.

Thanks Kerri! I really like C's dress but I know what you mean about all that metal - looks very Romanesque. J's dress is a hot mess - it hides her figure under a boat-load of feathers! What?!

Hope tonight's dresses are an improvement...