Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2017 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Hands down favorite dress was Nancy Kerrigan's cobalt blue. The color, the cut, the beading, the flowy skirt - beautiful. While the other performers wore costumes, hers could be worn to any black tie affair.

Could not see enough of Carrie Ann's or Julianne's. CA's had something silver around the waist although I never got a good view.

Erin's dress was amped up from many of her previous ones. Fit her beautifully although the cut of the bodice was not my favorite.

Mr. T danced (?) pretty much like I expected. I was expecting Chris Kattan to be better. Didn't think that the Glee girl (Heather?) was a runaway leader. Agreed with Len about the "Housewife". Baseball and football players were better than I expected.

Nancy's dress was nice, but I really want a yellow dress after seeing Heather's.

The baseball player surprised me and the bull rider.

The real housewife can go home. He dance didn't cover any of the floor and she did the same moves as her music video.

I've only watched the first hour so far but I loved Erin's dress, loved the tops of C's and J's dresses, loved Nancy's blue dress.

Bonner and Sharna may have a little somethin-somethin going on, eh? Wowzer!

A little of Charo goes a long way...that's all I'm saying.

Sharna said on Entertainment Tonight that there are a lot of great women competitors this year.

Woah. Julianne has had some work done on her face!!! She looks totally different from when I met her at my hotel last year. And, it wasn't just the makeup - anyone else notice how "tight" the face is and how much fuller the lips are???

J's lips do look a bit odd. Maybe it's for her upcoming wedding. Saw photos of a bachelorette weekend with maybe 20 other ladies.

I watched the Bonner hand grab that people are talking online about and I think it was innocent. I think he expected Sharna to face the same direction as him and then his hand would have landed where she moved it to.

Hi all!

I thought it was a good show last night. I also liked the baseball player & rodeo guy & liked Erin's dress except for the neckline which made her look so broad shouldered.

Have to agree about Charo, can't take too much of her! Yes, great energy for her age though.

~ Jo ~ :)

Yes Slidergirl - for sure J looks very "refreshed"! But that doesn't surprise me. She's still in her 20's right? I guess when you're in show biz, it's never too early to begin the "anti-aging" process. Kinda sad.

If you just look from the nostrils down, it's shades of Lisa Rinna.....

Happy Valley, UT (aka Orem/Provo area) is a hotbed of dance. BYU has a ballroom dance team. Girls drill teams are HUGE. There is also something about families in the area having the children involved in a major way in either music or dance (remember the Osmonds??, the Five Browns, The Piano Guys? Even Elizabeth Smart was a harpist). Kind of a natural for her and her brother.

66. Born in 1951.

Date of birth has been changed a number of times. Originally 1941, then 1947 or 1949 and then 1951. If you look at what she was doing at different ages the 1951 date really does not seem possible. Evidently she used that (1951) when she became a US citizen and it stuck.

I watched the rest of the show last night. Loved Heather's yellow dress.

The worst were Chris from SNL and Mr. T.

I did see the "incident" with Sharna and Bonner - made me gasp. It totally looked like an accident and I think she stopped his hand before it actually touched anything (but I may be wrong).

On a different subject, I was watching The Voice last night, where Celine Dion is helping out on Gwen Stefani's team. Comparing those 2 ladies is very interesting. Did you know they are the same age? (Gwen is 47, Celine is 48) Gwen looks like she's in her 20's or 30's and poor Celine, who's had a very rough couple of years, looks like she's in her 60's or 70's. I really admire Celine for not getting plastic surgery and just growing old gracefully. And I really admire Gwen's plastic surgeon! That doctor is very talented!!

It was a good first night. Several are very good already--the ones I expected to be bad were bad (Mr. T) I believe Charro is 75 or 76--she does need to tone it down, although I know this is her persona. She can't be younger if you look at what she's done in her career and timing. She is pretty spry for her age!

I liked all three of the dresses for the judges and Erin, for a change. I do hate the over-done faces of so many, especially someone so young as Julieanne. And we wonder why young girls are so hard on themselves.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the judges' and Erin's dresses! Too bad you couldn't see CA's skirt on TV because it looks nice. I like the gold with the black. J's dress looks prettier in the picture where you can see all the details. Her upper lip may just look different because of lipstick. We'll have to wait and see next week. :) Agree that the cut of the bodice on E's dress was a little odd but I love seeing her more dressed up.

I was surprised the judges rated the baseball player so high. Clearly they see more than I can see. I thought he looked kind of slow but maybe it was just that the song was slow for a quick-step.

I only knew 4 of the stars this time so it may take me a little while to remember all the names.

Date of birth has been changed a number of times. Originally 1941, then 1947 or 1949 and then 1951. If you look at what she was doing at different ages the 1951 date really does not seem possible. Evidently she used that (1951) when she became a US citizen and it stuck.

Interesting! Once again, it makes sense to not believe everything we see on the internet.

Julianne

44147adaf4356026015238f60f5cbb61.jpg

Anyone else think that the Super Eyebrow thing has gone beyond attractive? I've always liked dark brows on blonds, and I think Julianne is beautiful, but I can't figure out the appeal of the extreme and fake-looking eyebrows I see on tv now. ???