No more contacting the Concierge before your cruise??

dixieva

I have sent three emails to the concierge on board the Grandeur regarding some requests we have for our upcoming cruise. I didn't receive a reply or even an acknowledgement of the emails. They didn't bounce back to me for an incorrect address.

So I called RCI this morning, was put on hold then was told that you can no longer contact the concierge prior to boarding! I asked where did you get this information and she said from her supervisor.

Has anyone else heard of this? I have always been able to contact the concierge by email.

We will be in a full suite for this cruise.

No. I have never gotten a welcome email from the concierge. We don't always stay in a suite but when we do I never hear from them unless I have emailed first. They do get back to me right away which is why I was surprised that after three emails I got no response.

I was told that I would get a welcome email about two weeks before the sailing. But that has never happened so I am not counting on it.

I think the e-mail is supposed to come a bit closer to sailing - maybe a week out (that's when we got ours). I'm not sure what RCI would gain by removing this contact, assuming it is true (I have my doubts, regardless of what the CSR and supervisor said)).

It's just very strange that I have not gotten a response. We stayed in a suite last April (also on Grandeur) and I sent an email about 4 weeks out and got a response back the same day.

I don't believe everything a rep tells me but the lack of response kind of fits in with this.

I think the e-mail is supposed to come a bit closer to sailing - maybe a week out (that's when we got ours). I'm not sure what RCI would gain by removing this contact, assuming it is true (I have my doubts, regardless of what the CSR and supervisor said)).

Personally, I think it is to early to expect a response back.

Why do you need to contact the concierge before a trip? Everything you can do yourself online, like booking everything. I just never had a reason that I would need to do this and so I'm curious.

Reserving a cabana at Barefoot Beach on Labadee.

I have never gotten a response earlier than about a week before sailing, no matter when I sent it. They are usually too busy with the immediately upcoming sailings.

Each time I have emailed about a month out and have always gotten a response right away. Had no problem in April of last year getting in touch this far out.