Carnival cruise entertainment

jimbo5544

We just got off royal Caribbean's allure of the seas and enjoyed the following shows: mama Mia!, ocenaria, blue planet, ice games. I'm sorry, but carnival doesn't hold a candle to royal Caribbean's entertainment. Plus, we had a dream works show at the aqua theater and two dreamworks parades in the royal promenade. If you want to see how much better the entertainment is, go to my YouTube channel, cruise addict, and see for yourself, as I have video proof. Ncl also has very good shows and princess cruises and celebrity cruises have upped their game. What has carnival done? I don't know, since I have not sailed them in a few years, but I will find out on August 20 on the breeze and will report right here what our impressions were.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I definitely miss the variety shows! We sometimes travel with our young adult kids and we always liked knowing we had something interesting to do in the evening! Not a big fan of musicals but could handle them for a couple of nights.

I say bring some of the contestants from Americas Got Talent on these cruise ships!

I agree.

I'm not sure why Carnival is dead set on having the Vegas style musicals in the main theaters. As others have said they are okay but I've seen enough of them I mostly skip them. Same with the "love and marriage" type guest shows.

Here are a few other ideas I'd toss out to them:

Movie night - show 3 new movies in the main theater (just out in theaters)

Instead of 8 performers pay for 1 or 2 more higher level comedians and have them do the main theater.

A really good tribute band of the Beatles, Motown, Bob Marley etc. in the main theater.

Apparently enough people like the Vegas style musicals for them to justify keeping them.

I know I might be in the minority, but I love the passenger participation shows. I laugh the most from them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some are very talented. An older man sang Sinatra and was terrific. 2 women from a Gospel group on board were also.

Heald changed up the marriage game and made it much better when he hosted it.

The addition of the string trio has been nice.

This is my least favorite part on a carnival cruise. No variety in the shows. How many years did we have "your fellow guests are the stars" as the final show? Kareoke is OK in limited doses, but not for the main theater and not as the grand finale. That being said, I will pass on the more expensive entertainment to keep the cost down of the cruise. Nothing wrong sitting by the singers or watching a movie on the lido.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was involved in the "Legends" show on our Valor cruise a couple of years ago. I like to sing karaoke, and they chose me to sing James Brown. Soooo not me. I'm more of a Billy Joel type singer. I was the whitest James Brown you ever saw in a tacky purple crush velvet outfit. And looking back at the DVD we received of the show, I looked like someone's drunk uncle goofing around on stage. Not one of my best moments.

So, to your point, yes, having your fellow shipmates as the grand finale entertainment in the main theater can be hit or miss. We had some pretty good talent in that group. But one individual actually did run off stage in the middle of their "performance." That was pretty wild to see how the ship's staff and entertainers reacted behind the curtain.

From a "performer's" standpoint, it was really interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes for a production and I had a chance to see a part of the ship most people don't see.

Last year on the Conquest, they had a show for karaoke talent, but it was in the same theater they used for the comedy performers and it had a live back up band. I thought that was a much better venue for that type of show.

I really miss the big production shows. I'm not too thrilled with the Playlist Productions.

We did a B2B on Conquest this past January. The first week was an 8-day cruise.

We did have 2 nights that were called VIVA VARIETY. The first one included comedy and magic. The 2nd one was comedy and juggling.

The 2nd week was a 6-day and just had Playlist Production shows.