Gotta love price drops!

ldlewis45

Yes booking through the UK that's the problem-I now have a US Ncl PCC recommended by American friends and on our last cruise we saved over £1000 due to price drops

I think I need to look into getting a US NCL PCC - at least then gives options! Would be interested to hear your experience in how it works for you?

I personally feel that it is morally wrong to be allowed to cancel at will and be able to book again without any penalties. If you wish to cancel, any deposit should be lost. Just my opinion which will be probably not be shared by the majority of posters on this web site

Sorry,but if the cruise lines don't object i don't think there is anything wrong with it. You can cancel and rebook anytime before the final payment and yes you take a loss, you lose the perks. In our case we lost the prepaid gratuities and the 1 extra latitude point but it was worth it for the amount of money we saved :D.

I personally feel that it is morally wrong to be allowed to cancel at will and be able to book again without any penalties. If you wish to cancel, any deposit should be lost. Just my opinion which will be probably not be shared by the majority of posters on this web site

You are correct about that... not a view shared by a majority of posters.

Every service you pre-purchase has a set of rules about cancellations. There are the 100% completely nonrefundable ones like airline tickets or non-refundable hotel rates; and then there are refundable ones up to a certain point like cruises; and refundable ones up until use like refundable hotel rates.

I book based around those rules - so for cruises and refundable hotel rates I book really far out. No down side, I get to lock in the current rate and if it gets better I can take advantage of that.

For the non-refundable rates like airfare, you are a lot pickier about when you book because you are locked in.

Cruise line and hotel benefits because once I pick out what I want I hardly ever cancel; I may get a better rate as time goes on but I usually stop shopping other lines and commit to that trip. Airlines get stuck with the competitive pricing and which line gets the right price at the time I'm looking.

Sorry,but if the cruise lines don't object i don't think there is anything wrong with it. You can cancel and rebook anytime before the final payment.

As you are possibly aware, the cruise line rules and regulations differ depending on through which office you book through. If you decide to cancel a booking made through NCL UK, you lose your deposit. In my opinion, this is what should happen to ALL cruise cancellations, regardless of which site the booking was made.

As you are possibly aware, the cruise line rules and regulations differ depending on through which office you book through. If you decide to cancel a booking made through NCL UK, you lose your deposit. In my opinion, this is what should happen to ALL cruise cancellations, regardless of which site the booking was made.

Your opinion is noted but it does not work like that, as i already said NCL allows you to cancel and rebook as long as final payment has not been done and as long as they accept it most cruisers will likely get their bang for their BUCK ;)