Concierge

jajo

There is no actual pillow "menu". But if you like a different firmness or just want more pillows, you can leave a note for the steward. The thicker towels are nice.

Although I have never seen an actual printed menu, your room steward can tell you the types of pillows available. We always request and receive the molded memory foam pillows that we love and use at home.

Also not a biggie by any means there are shower caps, cotton swabs and cotton balls in the bathroom. There is also an umbrella and binoculars for your use. Happy sailing!

Finally, I didn't notice whether OP mentioned the ship they are sailing, but the Concierge Cabins on M class ships are a bit larger than standard verandahs. S class are the same size.

I don't agree with you on that. It didn't matter if Luminae was open or not, a RS passenger can eat in the MDR for embarkation lunch.:)

I get the feeling you're just arguing for the heck of it. You're staying in a suite that is three times the cost of a C1 cabin. Seeing how people rave about Luminae and dump on the quality of the MDR in comparison I suspect the only way you'd be in the MDR is if every other dining option including in-suite dining was mysteriously closed down.[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling you're just arguing for the heck of it. You're staying in a suite that is three times the cost of a C1 cabin. Seeing how people rave about Luminae and dump on the quality of the MDR in comparison I suspect the only way you'd be in the MDR is if every other dining option including in-suite dining was mysteriously closed down.[emoji33]

Exactly. 90% of the passengers non-concierge and Aqua will not get seated on embarkation day. I'm not exactly certain what the logic is for spurning Aqua. But...since I guess a couple folks here want it stated clearly...Royal Suite guests and I assume other suite guests are allowed in the MDR on embarkation day. However, why they would choose to eat there instead of Luminae (if it is open) is beyond me. But to make them feel good, let's state it clearly, they are indeed very special people, treated very specially, because they paid a special steeper price. Good for them. Good for the OP that you are traveling Concierge. You will enjoy it.:)

Exactly. 90% of the passengers non-concierge and Aqua will not get seated on embarkation day. I'm not exactly certain what the logic is for spurning Aqua. But...since I guess a couple folks here want it stated clearly...Royal Suite guests and I assume other suite guests are allowed in the MDR on embarkation day. However, why they would choose to eat there instead of Luminae (if it is open) is beyond me. But to make them feel good, let's state it clearly, they are indeed very special people, treated very specially, because they paid a special steeper price. Good for them. Good for the OP that you are traveling Concierge. You will enjoy it.:)

Not positive, but since AQ have Blu as their own restaurant it may be the same for them.

Priority embarkation only means a separate line, often the regular lines are shorter.

Even if the regular lines are much longer it can still be quicker than the priority line. There are usually only 1 or 2 agents working the priority line where the regular line will often have 20 or more. So it moves about 10 times faster. Last year in Hawaii we used the priority line and our friends used the regular line (which was huge) and they got on before we did. There was only about 6 couples in the priority line but with only one agent it took much longer than it should have. Just like the grocery store, ya never know!

On our cruise, last spring on the Connie, we had a Concierge Stateroom. We arrived at the port a few minutes prior to check-in, were ushered into a waiting area with seating, provided a boarding number & served iced water or lemonade. As soon as the agents were cleared to start the check-in process, we were called up in groups by the boarding numbers. We were on the ship in just a few minutes. In addition, the Concierge Lunch was new - so the Concierge greeted us at the pier, described the lunch process & invited us to lunch.

This trip - we learned the Concierge was there to assist. Something minor happened, I do not now recall what it was. I stopped at Guest Services to request assistance. They let me know someone would get back to me & I went on my way. When we returned to our room that afternoon, we found a note from the Concierge letting us know everything was fixed. He then contacted us in person to ensure we'd received the message & to let us know he was there to assist w/ even minor challenges, to please contact him vs. spending our time in line at Guest Services. We truly felt looked after & taken care of. Sometimes it's the small touches which elevate a Great Cruise to a Fantastic Cruise.

We have enjoyed our Concierge Cabins - when we've had them. Our upcoming cruise is once again on the Connie & we are getting to experience a new type of cabin - the new cabins created by the Conference Center w/ the extra large windows. Can't wait to board - we depart for Singapore in just 19 days and embark on the Connie in 26 days. Regardless of the cabin we book - we are always excited to head out on a new adventure. We truly need the sun & warmth coming up (today was -12 F).