CPAP machines

Princess1963

This thread reminded me to contact my TA so she can call NCL to order the distilled water & ext. cord for our upcoming cruise. NCL told my TA no problem with the water but said we should bring our own 4' cord. We sailed on NCL in Dec. on the Gem, they supplied us with a cord. This time we will be on the Sky.

We also asked our TA this week to request distilled water and extension cord and were told the water was ok but we would need to bring our own extension cord. All other ships we have travelled on have provided this for us.

It's all extra weight/room in the case.

As long as my DH doesn't think I will be cutting back on shoes to make room ;)

We have done two - 14 day cruises in the past 4 months - we always request both a extension cord and distilled water for my husband's machine. On our Dawn cruise both were in the cabin upon arrival, our our recent Breakaway trip they were not there, but our wonderful cabin Steward made sure we had them by the time we got back from dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
We also asked our TA this week to request distilled water and extension cord and were told the water was ok but we would need to bring our own extension cord. All other ships we have travelled on have provided this for us.

It's all extra weight/room in the case.

As long as my DH doesn't think I will be cutting back on shoes to make room ;)

A CPAP is medical equipment so does not count as carryon or personal item so the case is not part of weight limit so long as nothing else is packed in it other than what the CPAP needs. Therefore, no problem about adding in an extension cord.

Are you putting your shoes in the CPAP case?? If so the case is no longer considered a free carryon if they see the contents. It will count either as a carryon or a personal item then.

We have done two - 14 day cruises in the past 4 months - we always request both a extension cord and distilled water for my husband's machine. On our Dawn cruise both were in the cabin upon arrival, our our recent Breakaway trip they were not there, but our wonderful cabin Steward made sure we had them by the time we got back from dinner.

How did you clean his CPAP? We use the SoClean sanitizing machine but don't want to take it with us. We haven't worried about cleaning the CPAP on 7 day cruises but our upcoming one is 13 nights plus time afterwards in Europe. He was just planning on using the "dry" attachment but if there's an easy way to keep it clean when using the water I'd love to know about it. Thanks!

• 4 years later...
On 3/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, okeytaco said:

How did you clean his CPAP? We use the SoClean sanitizing machine but don't want to take it with us. We haven't worried about cleaning the CPAP on 7 day cruises but our upcoming one is 13 nights plus time afterwards in Europe. He was just planning on using the "dry" attachment but if there's an easy way to keep it clean when using the water I'd love to know about it. Thanks!

Sorry for reviving a zombie thread.  Since my last cruise, I've been put on a CPAP and was wondering about the distilled water and power outlet issues, so thanks!

My doc has always told me NOT to use the sanitizing machines; they apparently adversely impact the life of the CPAP unit and aren't FDA approved.  I find washing out the tubing to be a pain, so I wish there were a different alternative, but that's what I've been doing.  

• Like 1