Where to stay Port Canaveral

PrincessBelle39

I will have to go back and check. We want to book with Hertz because they are the only rental car agency with after hours drop off in Port Canaveral. We land at 8am and want the car for the day/evening, but want to drop it off that night.I have read horror stories about the lines in the AM with people trying to drop off their cars and get to the port. I am not about standing in line for an hour PLUS to drop off the car and get a shuttle.

But the rates we saw were NOT reasonable. It was like $130 for the 24 hour period, whereas everyone else was like 40.:eek:

Did you book through a 3rd party? Please let me know. Really want to use Hertz for the after hour drop off convenience. We are staying at the Radisson, but that is just a short walk away.

Thank you!

Actually, Budget is the ONLY rental agency not allowing after-hours returns! All others do.

But then you will need transport - Uber will be fast and affordable.

See this site for pictures of the different drop-off locations and after-hours information - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

Actually, Budget is the ONLY rental agency not allowing after-hours returns! All others do.

See this site for pictures of the different drop-off locations and after-hours information - http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

Thank you!!!! We heard Hertz was the ONLY one!!!! I will check it out.

Thanks again!:D

That's a really informative site, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm also throwing in a vote for the Resort at the Port; we loved it so much that we changed ships this year and are flying in an extra night early! It is a terrific place to unwind and get in a vacation mindset prior to the cruise. I loved everything about the room, from the bed to the shower. And yes, the pool is amazing! We got some great sushi across the street. The breakfast buffet is pretty ho-hum, but there are plenty of options nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Related question- what is the closest airport? What's the best way to get from the airport to a hotel to the cruise port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Best is very subjective - what are you looking for? Oceanfront? Great dining? Suite hotel? Budget/value priced? :confused:

Very few flights in/out of Melbourne (about 45 min to PC) compared to MCO (Orlando) which is about an hour away; a few cruisers choose Sanford for budget flights - figure just over an hour to the port.

We typically fly in/out of MCO and choose to stay in the Orlando area and drive to the port the morning of the cruise. Your call!

Our vote is for the Hilton at Coco Beach, has a great view of ships leaving and returning to port. Rooms are very spacious, nice beds, sitting area. Funny thing is we stay here before we leave out of Port Everglades since we drive down from KY, it is on the beach and is cheaper than Ft Lauderdale hotels away from the beach. The only negatives are no balcony rooms and the pool has no shade. The plus for us; away from the crowds, people (staff and around town) are very friendly (yes this depends on how you act toward them) and has a nice wide beach (distance from the water to the dunes) that is not crowded. We have never left out of Port Canaveral but did drive from the hotel down to one of the restaurants to watch the ships go out. So the drive is not too far and seems easy to navigate there from the hotel.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites. We had 2 studio suites for 6 adults and 3kids. Even with the excessive amount ofluggage we had (our family doesn’t understand how to travel light) we hadplenty of time. With our group, ages 3-70,getting everyone moving in on direction is no small task. We enjoyed the pool and outside area. The kids decided to swim even though it wasnot that warm. We enjoyed the fire pitsand actually ordered pizza had an outdoor pizza party It was a great way to relax after a long dayof travel. The staff there is unbelievablehelpful and nice. We had a rental car soI can speak about the shuttle or long term parking. No matter how close you are to the port be preparedfor the traffic if you are trying to get to the port early for embarkation. I had dropped the luggage and the other 8hours of our party off and left to return the car to the Alamo office at theport. It took me an hour to get back onthe shuttle. I eventually got out of theshuttle and just walked to the ship because we were basically at astandstill. Enjoy your trip.

I am currently booked at the Radisson resort at the port mostly based on these reviews. I'm wondering about shuttle service from the Orlando airport to the Radisson has anyone use any other commercial shuttle services or the service offered by the hotel? The hotel service seems to be by far the cheapest but I'm just wondering if it's worth the price

I am currently booked at the Radisson resort at the port mostly based on these reviews. I'm wondering about shuttle service from the Orlando airport to the Radisson has anyone use any other commercial shuttle services or the service offered by the hotel? The hotel service seems to be by far the cheapest but I'm just wondering if it's worth the price

The Radisson contracts Cocoa Beach Shuttle for shared airport transfers. It is a very popular shuttle company around here so nothing to be concerned about!

$50 for two is a great rate indeed! You can check into a one-way car rental to see if you can get a car for $60 or less but failing that, IMO just stick with the hotel airport package.

I've taken the Radisson's Cocoa Beach shuttle and it's fine, our driver pointed out interesting things along the way and shared local info. Definitely make your hotel-to-port shuttle arrangements as soon as you can though, and early; I wouldn't rely on it again, we had issues getting the time we wanted and then things were backed up so we kept getting bumped. For 45 minutes.

The Radisson contracts Cocoa Beach Shuttle for shared airport transfers. It is a very popular shuttle company around here so nothing to be concerned about!

$50 for two is a great rate indeed! You can check into a one-way car rental to see if you can get a car for $60 or less but failing that, IMO just stick with the hotel airport package.

Thanks for the assurance, I think we'll try it. And renting a car 'may' be cheaper but then I have to worry about directions and returning the car

I've taken the Radisson's Cocoa Beach shuttle and it's fine, our driver pointed out interesting things along the way and shared local info. Definitely make your hotel-to-port shuttle arrangements as soon as you can though, and early; I wouldn't rely on it again, we had issues getting the time we wanted and then things were backed up so we kept getting bumped. For 45 minutes.

We are going to call and try to book tomorrow night. Hopefully they still have some openings. I'm thinking what if our flight is delayed then we may miss our pickup time and have to wait. But we'll see

Thnaks

Is there stuff to do within walking distance of Radisson at the Port? We likely won't have a car, and will shuttle there and to the port...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From the Radisson it is stiff walk to the restaurants at the Port - doable but Uber will be easiest.

Five very good restaurants are within 0.5 miles from the hotel or next door – safe and easy walking. Preacher Bar is an interesting concept – classy yet eccentric with a different kind of menu! Kelsey’s serves popular Italian food. Zachary’s is Greek with a home-style menu. Thai Thai (you have to cross busy A1A) has the best Thai food in the area. Zarrella’s Pizza offers both Brick Oven and Wood Fire pizza as well as other Italian food. There are also McDonalds (MD), Burger King (BK) and Subway (SW) nearby. The Florida Beer Company is THE brewery in the area with tours and a wide selection of beer on tap. Racetrac sells affordable gas/diesel as well as wine, beer and fast food.

You can also rent a car from Hertz next door or take the local bus ($1.50) down to Cocoa Beach Pier, Ron Jon and beyond – wait at the SCAT stop.

The mini golf is the cheapest of the three courses in the area but not the most exciting!

Read this Guide to the Scat Bus,

Here is an image of the neighborhood!

Radisson-Location-Map.jpg