Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendation? (Crowne Plaza?)

ohio440

Planning to fly down the day before our May 28 cruise. I'm looking at hotels near the FLL airport and the port. The Crowne Plaza Hotel sticks out for price and quality.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL

For sure we want it to have a pool. Might have time to sightsee one place nearby, might not.

Anyone with first hand experience or another recommendation?

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info - start your search there.

Budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target. Memorial day weekend will be busy. Are you focused on the beach? Water taxi? Port? Honeymoon? Travelling with family? :confused:

Planning to fly down the day before our May 28 cruise. I'm looking at hotels near the FLL airport and the port. The Crowne Plaza Hotel sticks out for price and quality.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL

For sure we want it to have a pool. Might have time to sightsee one place nearby, might not.

Anyone with first hand experience or another recommendation?

What time does your flight arrive?

We stayed at the Crown Plaza a couple of weeks ago pre-cruise. We arrived about 5 pm and sailing the next day so just a place to sleep. Many times we would stay in Dania Beach for this type of stay. Hotel was a good value and close to airport and PE. The only issue is there isn't much in walking distance. There is a restaurant in the hotel and an Italian place about a block away. We ended up walking down to Outback by 17th street where we had eaten before and took and Uber back.

I booked the Hyatt Place on 17th Street thru valuetrips.com at a great price. Web site says has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/person and a shuttle to the pier the next day for a fee, I think it's &7/person. Lots of restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel. Check it out, it may fit your needs.