Royal Caribbean Last Minute Offers (UK)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with how Royal Caribbean sells remaining cabins for upcoming cruises.

Currently they have a buy one get one free offer on with free drinks package but to be honest for people who don't really drink and only want a basic inside cabin we don't really find this to be of benefit to us considering a basic cabin is £999pp but with the offer on top it works out at £1500pp. The buy one get one free offer ends at the beginning of March.

Has anyone ever booked last minute? Did you get a good offer? I am wondering if after this offer ends in March that maybe another one might take its place? Possibly free on board credit, travel or drinks package, whilst not affecting the price of £999pp. What are your thoughts and experiences?

(The cruise sails in 10 weeks btw. )

Thanks in advance.

If you sign up to the daily emails of the major UK TAs, you will soon get a "feel" for when companies start discounting their prices and how often.

I have seen some great deals by booking 6 weeks out. After final payment when they have cabins to fill. Of course your flights at 6 weeks out will be more expensive.

Swings and roundabouts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you were to opt for a guarantee (GTY) grade cabin does that still include the drinks package? I have a feeling that when I booked last year I chose a GTY because I didn't want the drinks package and it was cheaper. Might be worth an ask...

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone is familiar with how Royal Caribbean sells remaining cabins for upcoming cruises.

Currently they have a buy one get one free offer on with free drinks package but to be honest for people who don't really drink and only want a basic inside cabin we don't really find this to be of benefit to us considering a basic cabin is £999pp but with the offer on top it works out at £1500pp. The buy one get one free offer ends at the beginning of March.

Has anyone ever booked last minute? Did you get a good offer? I am wondering if after this offer ends in March that maybe another one might take its place?

Possibly free on board credit, travel or drinks package, whilst not affecting the price of £999pp. What are your thoughts and experiences?

(The cruise sails in 10 weeks btw. )

Thanks in advance.

Check out Cruise Uk, we recently did a booking and didn't need the drinks package, they came at well under £1000 cheaper than RCCI. Our booking included flights and an extra two nights hotel stay.

Hi

I've booked some great deals between 6-8 weeks to go. I'm not prepared to pay for the overpriced drinks package 'deals' - the latest UK one ends in 12 days and usually the prices then drop. I waited just before Christmas for this to happen and got a fab deal with wifi thrown in, and it was for a guarantee balcony room. The drinks package deals are not included in the guarantee rooms. I've been allocated the room and its a D2 in a good location so no issues. Looking at what is being offered at the moment, we have saved approx. £800 per person (not taking into account the value of the drinks package - which actually isn't any good if your second passenger is a child!). We sail in May.

Last minutes do vary, it isn't so good if you have a set cruise in mind as it doesn't always work. Keep watching the prices - good luck!

I booked a Med cruise last week using a U.K. TA on a guarantee room as it was £500 cheaper per person compared to the cheapest room with a deluxe drinks package. Yes the deluxe drinks package costs more than £500 on a 2 weeks cruise but not much use for someone doesn't need an alcohol package or even a drinks package altogether.

The US prices with a US TA was £200pp more on the same guarantee room but there was OBC to be had from both RCI and TA but overall US TA was still marginally more expensive on this cruise compared to U.K.

The US prices with a US TA was £200pp more on the same guarantee room but there was OBC to be had from both RCI and TA but overall US TA was still marginally more expensive on this cruise compared to U.K.

For others that may be contemplating this - for an apples-to-apples comparison remember that most of the time the initial US prices don't include the port taxes (typically about $100 per person) while the UK bookings do. However, once you get to within $200 between the two, I'd lean toward booking with US rules as they are much more flexible.

I have just got a great deal on the 15 night eastbound Transatlantic on Indy. Booked 50 days out, nice balcony. Total trip including direct BA flights, transfers, hotel night before and gratuities cost me less than an oceanview on a 10 day Canary island cruise last oct