Elite & Platinum cocktail parties gone?

BarbinMich

Just off Regal. Hors d'oeuvres at Captain's Circle. Never been on one without.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The last 3 Princess cruises we've been on, no hors d'ouevres served at the Platinum and Elite Captans thank you party. Just a jar of rice crackers. I did complain about it when it first occurred. I put in my remarks that after spending $300,000+ on cruising with Princess, all we're worth is a cheap jar of rice crackers, and 1 watered down foo-foo drink. It's been a big disappointment so we'll just refrain from going.

As far as the Elite nightly party, no one was checking cards and people were meandering in and enjoying the free eats. A few of the passengers forgot to take their card off their neck holder as they were not suppose to be there.

The last 3 Princess cruises we've been on, no hors d'ouevres served at the Platinum and Elite Captans thank you party. Just a jar of rice crackers. I did complain about it when it first occurred. I put in my remarks that after spending $300,000+ on cruising with Princess, all we're worth is a cheap jar of rice crackers, and 1 watered down foo-foo drink. It's been a big disappointment so we'll just refrain from going.

As far as the Elite nightly party, no one was checking cards and people were meandering in and enjoying the free eats. A few of the passengers forgot to take their card off their neck holder as they were not suppose to be there.

My wife orders T&T and I order double Drambuies at the Captains Party. Never a problem. The usual hors: salmon, pig in blanket, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this the tone of most of your Forum?

For the most part (generally speaking).

Us 'Yanks', on the other hand, tend to love life a little more...

That stated, the majority of regular posters on this forum are what one could refer to as 'cruise junkies'. Like most hardcore addicts, they can get pretty cranky when they're not getting their fix(SEE: actually cruising).

Cruise Critic sort of acts as a form of say...methadone...(for some), to at least be able to still be thinking/dreaming about all things cruising...But alas, it's also the internet. Internet forums traditionally aren't necessarily known for their manners and courtesies with the anonymity that they may provide.

Start a thread about 'formal wear' on this board...Grab some popcorn and watch the gnashing of teeth and flying fur.

As per the OP...I recall on one past Princess cruise, that we were invited to a Captain's Party that was held in a lounge. I think we were still 'gold' status then. There were complimentary (unlimited) drinks and hors d'oeuvres(same canapes as for Elites?) for the entire hour(or so) of the party. Maybe it was a 'small-ship' cruising thing.

There were no free drinks on any of our recent cruises, but cocktails were discounted to $5 (I believe) and the entire dance floor was converted into a nice buffet showcasing something special each evening. I was not disappointed with the setup.