Elite & Platinum cocktail parties gone?

BarbinMich

Didn't I read somewhere embarkation lunch will only be for Club Class pax in future?

Only on the alternative fact cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What hot items were there EVER at the PES lounge?
Enjoyed them twice on the Ruby & Emerald. I'm sorry, but I do not remember what exactly was offered but whatever it was, it was something warm and more than just chips/dips and raw veggies. I did not go to the PES on our 2015 cruise so I can't say what was offered. I believe, as was inferred by the post I initially replied to, that things changed over time.....:):):)

Bob

There was always a wee card on dressing table reminding me of this event.Unfortunately never been because I have early dinner Trad. Although my preference is Blueberry Tea(Alcoholic one) and doubt whether that would be on their menu

I try to book those as the price is cheaper and there is no tipping.

It is very hard to get hold of the brochure but the itineraries are fantastic and the deposit is only £5.00 or $6.00 if you are the other side of the pond.

And of course the dress code is kaftans or Caribbean shirts and kilts.

As original poster, I'd like to remind folks that I was referring to what's stated (or rather, not stated) in the Princess Circle magazine we recently received. The PES cocktail parties are not listed as benefits for these levels of returning pax. They're currently offered, as folks have indicated and we witnessed in Jan. So I wondered if these parties were going to discontinue sometime in the future. Sorry I somewhat mistitled the thread: should have titled it "Elite & Platinum cocktail parties going to be a perk of the past?" Also, sorry I misstated that the drinks were free.

It is very hard to get hold of the brochure but the itineraries are fantastic and the deposit is only £5.00 or $6.00 if you are the other side of the pond.

And of course the dress code is kaftans or Caribbean shirts and kilts.

If you have a Black and White Speedo you can wear it to MDR on formal nights. I think you are also supposed to wear the coordinating flip flops but I've heard that (sadly) this isn't really being enforced.

As original poster, I'd like to remind folks that I was referring to what's stated (or rather, not stated) in the Princess Circle magazine we recently received. The PES cocktail parties are not listed as benefits for these levels of returning pax. They're currently offered, as folks have indicated and we witnessed in Jan. So I wondered if these parties were going to discontinue sometime in the future. Sorry I somewhat mistitled the thread: should have titled it "Elite & Platinum cocktail parties going to be a perk of the past?" Also, sorry I misstated that the drinks were free.

We are duly reminded, but I have been wondering about so many things which are NOT mentioned in this magazine, which after 65 cruises on Princess I don't get so I will have to find a copy somehow.

If they are not mentioned will they not be provided?

Only what is mentioned will be provided?

Now I'm getting worried. I may have to cancel my next 3 booked cruises.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Didn't I read somewhere embarkation lunch will only be for Club Class pax in future?

It turned out that on the very first Club Class sailing in December (on the Ruby, I think), the embarkation lunch in the dining room was restricted to Club Class passengers.

But later the reason for this was found to be that Princess was having a holiday party for shore-side employees in the dining room that day. On all subsequent cruises, the dining room was available to everyone on embarkation day.

• 6 months later...

Couldn't work out why there were so many people sounding so catty or superior. Then realised I had stumbled off The Australian site onto what seems to mostly be a U.K post. Is this the tone of most of your Forum? It seems like the original poster was just asking an innocent question based on his observations.

Oh and we do like our Flip Flops over here, although we call them thongs and don't normally wear them to the MDR.

Not an Elite:confused: , currently Platinum..

Couldn't work out why there were so many people sounding so catty or superior. Then realised I had stumbled off The Australian site onto what seems to mostly be a U.K post. Is this the tone of most of your Forum? It seems like the original poster was just asking an innocent question based on his observations.

Oh and we do like our Flip Flops over here, although we call them thongs and don't normally wear them to the MDR.

Not an Elite:confused: , currently Platinum..

Good for you! I was thinking along the same lines.

The Platinum/Elite cocktail parties are not gone. There's just no free cocktails. Just plenty of hors d'oeuvres On the Royal Princess it was in club 6 everyday. I thing it starting at 4:00 pm. I am not sure what time it ended sorry.

Tony

I went once on the Regal this March & stayed 5 minutes. I would not call cheese & some cello wrapped crackers a "party!" Compared to the nightly event on RCCI for Diamond & Diamond+ it was for the birds (cheap, cheap, cheap). While less generous than in the past you still get 3 free drinks during "happy hour" on both RCCI & Celebrity.

It was supposedly happening on the Regal 2 weeks ago. We checked it out 2 nights---one night it was open, one night it was not (no it wasn't Captain's Circle Party night). They were using the room for a private event so cancelled the elite/plat happy hour.

I'd rather have drink credits to use for discounted drinks at my leisure, honestly.

We were on the CB TA last fall and they moved the PES to Club Fusion due to the many P/E aboard. We managed to attend every night except the Captain parties when it was closed. We have since been on several other cruise including the Ruby several weeks ago with the usual Skywalker venue. I love the shrimp in particular and could live my life without the raw meat one. It is just a nice way to relax before dinner and we have met some interesting fellow pax.

On the Ruby we ate lunch in the MDR in all days including the day we boarded and minus of course the port days when the MDR was closed. We did see the club class dining area and one lunch my partner started to leave the MDR using the "special" club entrance only to be turned around. This was on the Ruby week cruise and never saw anyone using the area for lunch. I imagine they were somewhat busy for dinner but we were in a different MDR with TD.

Platinum/Elite are hit and miss. Most of the time it is just cheese and crackers and vegies as other have said. I think it has to do that on some cruises it has not been very well attended. I have been there when ,may 10 people showed up. I have also been to some where maybe 100 people were there, but that is the exception.

We're just off the Caribbean. They had the nightly event in Skywalkers every night except for the night of the Captains Circle party. We went to most of them. On one night, they closed it early to set up for the top 40 passenger party. We missed that night since we got there too late. We talked with others who had been earlier in the evening.

I've never seen crackers in cellophane packages at this event. We had water crackers and digestives. The cheeses included brie, smoked gouda, Havarti, Colby, and others. There was always the vegetable bowl with dip, assorted dried fruits and nuts, and various other items. The specials included tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole, breadsticks wrapped with braciole, shrimp, smoked salmon with toast, and goat cheese. I missed having sushi like they used to when the Japanese slipper was the featured cocktail of the evening.

Now we had a choice of any of the eight special cocktails. We tried the lemon drop, mojito, and cherry blossom. All three were tasty.

As mentioned, the "free" Platinum/Elite events are mostly relegated to the CC parties with the Captain and staff. What I do have a concern with is the policy change with the Platinum/Elite/Suiteholder lounge held in Skywalkers on the Grand Class ships or Club 6 and Vista Lounge on the Royal and Sun Class ships. Raising drink prices, removing the classic drinks from the menu and adding Foo-Foo drinks (adding licorice to a martini?) and then eliminating the BOGO for 1$ program is a simple way to force AIBP on us.

What the pencil necked bean counters don't realize is that you can't try to pick up pennies of profit by tripping over the dollar bills lost when folks stop buying and begin smuggling.

We have made a lot of friends and cruise mates from going to the P/E/SH lounge and it may now be an empty room.

I'm really surprised to see several people saying it was just cheese and crackers. We have been going on every cruise and it is always been exactly what was listed, the shrimp cocktail or the steak tartare or the guacamole. EtC. And I personally really enjoy it. I find it very relaxing instead of going straight from our room to dinner and especially when it's in Skywalker's you get that beautiful view while you relax. My husband isn't the biggest fan but I enjoy it. On the coral on her first cruise after Dry Dock last year it was terrible. They had us smashed into a corner of one of the lounges and there was never enough seating and it was never enough food or plates. And that was happening almost every night. After a few days my husband convinced me not to go anymore. Other that we had never seen an issue. I'm partial to these parties because that's where I first had a brezza marina drink and I fell in love with it! I even searched the internet for a recipe and started making it at home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I went once on the Regal this March & stayed 5 minutes. I would not call cheese & some cello wrapped crackers a "party!" Compared to the nightly event on RCCI for Diamond & Diamond+ it was for the birds (cheap, cheap, cheap). While less generous than in the past you still get 3 free drinks during "happy hour" on both RCCI & Celebrity.

On RC you get unlimited drinks in the DL each evening for approximately 3 hours. Also 3 drinks are loaded on your Seapass card to enjoy at other lounges/bars during the same DL hours. So you can drink in the DL as well as the other lounges/bars during the specified time each evening. Celebrity isn't as generous as RC. They don't do both as RC. We could care less about the snacks as we always eat early.

Edited by davekathy