Use AMEX to pay/spend $500 on Carnival and get $100 credit on your card

tlreze

Well, that is why i was saying, i have a sign up offer on my Amex card for spending first 500, i get 150 statement credit.

then i have the world cruise line offer, of 100 credit if spending 500 on a cruise. I would much rather have the 150. Just wondered if they will both be done.

Hmmmm. That's a first for me. I think the one purchase would give you both.

Well, that is why i was saying, i have a sign up offer on my Amex card for spending first 500, i get 150 statement credit.

then i have the world cruise line offer, of 100 credit if spending 500 on a cruise. I would much rather have the 150. Just wondered if they will both be done.

I see no reason you would not qualify to get both offers, but I could see where you might have to spend $600 instead of $500, because they could view the statement credit on the Carnival as having only spent $400 (not enough to trigger the 150 off 500 signup offer). Stacking offers, churning cards, getting paid on everything you buy. ;)

I see no reason you would not qualify to get both offers, but I could see where you might have to spend $600 instead of $500, because they could view the statement credit on the Carnival as having only spent $400 (not enough to trigger the 150 off 500 signup offer). Stacking offers, churning cards, getting paid on everything you buy. ;)

That's what I was thinking too. Technically you are still spending $500 as that is what is charged with the $100 as a statement credit that posts within a day or 2. The $150 will come usually after the statement closes (at least that is what a lot of companies do. It's been a long time since I opened my Amex so I can't remember how they work it). If it's not there, then charge another $100 by paying more on the cruise, get some gift cards. or buy groceries or something.

Authorized users count as another card. So its one account, but each person you add as a authorized user gets a new card, with a new number, thus can use the promo as well.

So My husband has his own separate account so we are doing this offer on both of our cards

Now if I sign myself up as an authorized user on his account and then do the same for him on my account does that mean we can do this deal 2 more times so able to have the opportunity to have $400 off??

Good question since you have to add the offer to the account setup page (if you have the offer listed as some people have recently stated that they do not see the offer in the list for their card number) under each user. I guess the best thing to do is try it and see if the offer is there under all the account setup pages, if so then add and try it.

Quick question for those that have used this AmEx discount. Do you just make a payment on the Carnival website with your AmEx or do you have to do anything special? I've added the credit and hope to use it towards the balance of our Eastern Caribbean cruise in December (too far away!!). Thanks in advance. :D

Quick question for those that have used this AmEx discount. Do you just make a payment on the Carnival website with your AmEx or do you have to do anything special? I've added the credit and hope to use it towards the balance of our Eastern Caribbean cruise in December (too far away!!). Thanks in advance. :D

I did it online through Carnival.

We sail in 2 weeks. If my sail and sign account is 500 and my Amex is the registered payment method, will the discount apply when they charge the card? It is within the time frame as we sail on th 11th and return on th19th. It always appears on statement same as a pre cruise payment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I have added the offer to my AMEX everyday blue card and DH's card (same account but he has separate card with separate card number) so that I can make 2 payments (one $500 pymt with each card). Will only pay $800 for $1,000 worth of pymt to CCL.

My DH and I are set up the same, one account two separate cards. I can't seem to figure out how to add the offer to each card number. Would you mind telling me how you were able to do this? Worked instantly for his card, happy dance! Thanks in advance.

My DH and I are set up the same, one account two separate cards. I can't seem to figure out how to add the offer to each card number. Would you mind telling me how you were able to do this? Worked instantly for his card, happy dance! Thanks in advance.

Let me know how you figure that out

You need to sign into each card account number (create an account page for each card number) and go to offers. Then add the offers you want to that card. Even though your spouse is authorized user you will need to create a separate account page to add the offer.

You will have to look through the offers to find the Carnival one although not everyone is finding the offer. I went under my offers first (main account holder with DH as authorized user) and found the Carnival statement offer, then when I created the account page for DH the offer was there as well.

Let me know how you figure that out

I got the second credit this morning by following the info from Drazil65. Thanks Drazil65!!

You need to sign into each card account number (create an account page for each card number) and go to offers. Then add the offers you want to that card. Even though your spouse is authorized user you will need to create a separate account page to add the offer.

I made the payment today and immediately received an email stating that $100 credit would be applied after verification of meeting the criteria (guessing this is Carnival Reservations posting). I have never set up and/or used our other card for my DH. I will be doing that today and looking into using the other card.

I got the second credit this morning by following the info from Drazil65. Thanks Drazil65!!

So then since we each have our own separate card so we have our own accounts if we add each other as authorized user then that means we will have 4 accounts correct?

So then since we each have our own separate card so we have our own accounts if we add each other as authorized user then that means we will have 4 accounts correct?

In theory that sounds correct. I can't confirm because I haven't personally done it. Hope it works! If it does, come back and share. Thnx.

In theory that sounds correct. I can't confirm because I haven't personally done it. Hope it works! If it does, come back and share. Thnx.

So this theory is correct - When you get the additional cards and go to the confirm page select the option that you want to

• Have an Online Account, but want to manage your new Card separately?
    Start here

This creates it's own login with its own offers and I was able to get this offer for the additional card

GET THIS WHEN I INITIALLY requested a new card for myself under my husbands account I did not realize at the time but I accidently requested an additional card for MYSELF under MY account ... So now I have 3 cards in my name 2 under my own account and 1 under my husbands account and my husband has 2 cards under his name one for each of our accounts

SOOOO yipee for me extra bonuses

• 3 weeks later...