First time on Breakaway! 4 in an inside room

libertyschool

Hi! So I'm booked on the Breakaway in November with my 3 daughters (24, 17 and 14). With the incredible prices and 3rd and 4th sail free it was an unbeatable deal. I have never stayed in an inside stateroom. I selected an inside room because I'm trying to keep it as low budget as possible. This is a post divorce trip with my girls and is a much needed mother/daughter getaway. It has been a heck of a year! I realize that we will be very crowded but I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or experiences sleeping 4 in an inside stateroom. We are on the 11th floor, midship. Thank you in advance!!

even a balcony room is a tight squeeze for 4 adults.

with both pull downs and the 2 twins made up, you will have really no room in the cabin. but its doable if you have one or two early risers that are up and out, and/or you can coordinate a schedule of sorts for showers, changing, etc.

Go to cruisedeckplans(dot)com then click on public site (not sure if I can post that site??). You can then navigate to the deckplan of the Breakaway and deck 11. There are alot of pictures of individual cabins.

I have done a cabin with 4 twice (on other lines). 2 adults and 2 kids in an inside cabin. It was doable but we did not hang out in the room. Only slept and changed clothes. Adults could sit on coach while kids were in their upper births to hang out briefly.

I also did 4 adults in an oceanview (two couples). Again is was pretty tight and we just were there to sleep and change clothes. It was two couples so we took turns changing in the bathroom. Sharing the room made it feasible for us to take the trip and I don't regret it. And we still all get along.

I would imagine it will be tight but fine if you and your daughters generally all get along.

You'll be fine...it will be tight but how much time do you spend in the cabin? We pretty much only sleep there :) We're booked on the same boat in November...12th-19th. If you have not already checked out the roll call please do so...it's always nice to know a few people ahead of time. Link to the 11/12/17 Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441817

Never sailed on Breakaway, but 4 in an inside cabin is usually tight,but totally doable! Use the gym changing rooms for showering!

There are no gym changing rooms on Breakaway. The OP would be better off getting a spa inside so that 2 have access to the spa thermal suite included with the cruise and can use the spa locker rooms and then buying thermal suite passes for the other 2.

Wow! Did not know that. Thanks for the correction. So if I do not have a spa pass can I still use the exercise machines?

Yes, the exercise machines are located in rooms off a hallway on 15 before you get to the spa lobby. You can use the weights and the exercise machines. You have to have a spa pass or appointment to get past the desk at the spa lobby to get back to where the spa locker rooms are.

FYI make sure you have a notarized statement for the minors from their father allowing you to take them out of the country

You probably won't need it but it never hurts

I'm taking my 16 yo to Europe and am not divorced but have been advised to carry one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will be fine. We travel with my now college age and then high school daughters in one cabin, all the time. Some cabins have 2 pulldowns, some a sofabed and pull down as 3rd and fourth beds.You spend minimal time in the cabin.Showering and changing always works out okay., Enjoy the cruise!

I once shared an inside cabin on the Dawn with 3 other single ladies when we were in our early 20's. Sure it was tight...but we had a blast! Imagine having a 10 night-long slumber party :D It did take some cooperation and coordination (like who takes a shower when, who sleeps where, etc) but with some honest communication and a healthy dose of patience and flexibility it's possible!

I did an inside last april with my cousin, also on the breakaway 11th deck mid ship. it was small but we managed. Just a heads up, there really are no drawers to put your clothes in. you have the closet to hang clothes and also a few shelves on the inside of the closet on the side. I had read about that before we went so we purchased those material covered cardboard bins that are collapsible that lay flat in your suit case at the dollar store. we bought lots of them and it really came in handy and did the job. My cousin put hers on the shelves and I put mine on the top of the closet. we didn't want to live out of our suitcases and there really was no room to move around if we kept them out. (stored under the bed) I know its hard but try not to over pack.

On the other hand, we were surprised that the bathroom was not a bad size for an inside cabin. they had a few shelves under the sink to store things.

Have fun and enjoy your time with your daughters! I am doing a mother/daughter trip on the gem this year.

Four in a cabin is completely doable with a little planning ahead. Have 2 people willing to shower before bed and 2 in the am. Since they're sisters, one can do makeup at the sink while the other showers, and one person can use the vanity at the desk.

Pack two of those over the door shoe holders with the clear plastic pockets and put one on inside of bathroom door and one on the outside and give everyone their own rows to store shoes, jewelry, makeup, toiletries and electronics in. Also pack a micro usb multi charging station as there are very few outlets.

Store suitcases under the bed to maximize cabin space and those pop open bins for clothes are a great idea as well.

Lastly, pack lightly and remind them that they don't need 6 pairs of shoes for a one week cruise!

Hi! So I'm booked on the Breakaway in November with my 3 daughters (24, 17 and 14). With the incredible prices and 3rd and 4th sail free it was an unbeatable deal. I have never stayed in an inside stateroom. I selected an inside room because I'm trying to keep it as low budget as possible. This is a post divorce trip with my girls and is a much needed mother/daughter getaway. It has been a heck of a year! I realize that we will be very crowded but I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or experiences sleeping 4 in an inside stateroom. We are on the 11th floor, midship. Thank you in advance!!

I took my 3 kids 18, 16 and 15 (two girls and a son) on the Dawn in July 2010 during a divorce (still going on :rolleyes:) and we were in an inside cabin. It was the best vacation we ever had. A tad tight, but we didn't care!!

Enjoy your trip...make memories...start new!!! It broke my heart when the ship pulled away form the dock and my oldest turned to me and said, he can't touch us now :( (Not physically but mentally)

Use the room only for sleeping.

You can shower and change and do hair and makeup in the locker room at the gym. Plenty of towels, room to move and spread out the girly mess.

With that in mind, have each bring a beach bag and something to carry toiletries in. They have blow dryers in the locker room.

***Ops, should have the thread first. Apparently there's no locker room on Breakaway.

FYI make sure you have a notarized statement for the minors from their father allowing you to take them out of the country

You probably won't need it but it never hurts

I'm taking my 16 yo to Europe and am not divorced but have been advised to carry one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, This is something that I was planning on doing. Hoping he doesn't give me a hard time.

You'll be fine...it will be tight but how much time do you spend in the cabin? We pretty much only sleep there :) We're booked on the same boat in November...12th-19th. If you have not already checked out the roll call please do so...it's always nice to know a few people ahead of time. Link to the 11/12/17 Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441817

This is the same date we are booked! Thank you! I will be joining the roll call. :)

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words, stories and advice. Any concerns I had about the inside room are all but vanished. What a great community you are! <3 I really appreciate the ideas provided. The over the door shoe hangers and collapsible bins are a great idea. My girls are not super high maintenance. I think they can be convinced to pack light and make the best of the limited space. I'm really looking forward to this time together.

I'm quite surprised how many positive and encouraging words for 4 in an inside room, I've seen many post on other cruise lines saying it's awful and on and on.

We have sailed with 4 adults in our room Hubby and I and 2 adult kids. It is tight but :)completely doable! We really aren't in our room except to sleep, shower, and change (and NO its not because we can't stand it!)

We going on vacation to see and do things not hang out in a room!

The 3rd and 4th guest free makes the cruise much more affordable and we will be taking advantage of this again on our Baltic cruise!

Best of luck and remember to go into it knowing it WILL be small but atleast you are together and on vacation!

We've had four in an inside on the breakaway and in a few days will have four in a balcony on the breakaway. My biggest challenge was storage - not really any drawers....luckily, I brought one of those collapsible sweater holders that hangs in the closet - it gave us much needed shelf space and a way to organize things....I am actually bringing 2 of them when we go in a few weeks....We also brought an over the door shoe holder (we hung it by the desk) - that was helpful for shoes and other loose things - brushes, toiletry items, etc..... also - make sure your suitcases/bags collapse....you will want to keep somethings under the bed in those bags.....Have fun! we made it work - but only plan on being in there to sleep and change!

I think it depends how long you plan to spend in the room. We use it for sleeping and showering - aside from that we are never in the room so not a big deal. We've sailed everything from Owners Suites to Insides and now always book Insides - We're just not in the cabin long enough to make the others worth while.