shoes on board

jpe2liot2

This is our first time on Windstar and we had a question about shoes on board. I know that gym shoes and flip flops aren't allowed in the lounge/dining hall during dinner. What about nicer sandles, like tevas? Are those still too casual? What do people usually wear? We are trying to figure out if we need to bring a pair of dress shoes for my husband, ballet flats for me or if that will be acceptable to wear the sandles. Thanks!

I have Tevas I love, but I don't consider them "nice". Are yours leather? I have never seen anyone wearing Tevas at dinner. I have seen sandals on women, sometimes leather fisherman type sandals on men, many men wearing boat shoes or loafers. Ballet flats would be fine. But not rubber flip flops or fabric Tevas.

I have 2 pairs of fancy TEVAs. Since I have horrible feet I bring one pair with me. No problems. I never check so for the Caribbean one pair of TEVAs for daily usage my one pair of fancy for the evening, they have gold thread. I have seen TEVAs in the dining room.

My husband wore leather fisherman's sandals (closed toe) or leather deck shoes and I wore leather sandals with some bling. I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing any sort of even remotely sports style shoe or sandal, regardless of the material they are made of.