MDR dress code on Empress 4 nt. Cruise

2nd night will be listed as "formal"....but few will actually wear tux or gown. The rest of the evenings will be "casual", which means long pants and collared shirt for men, capris, skirt, sundress or slacks for women.

This does not apply to the Empress. Empress is casual all the time. You can feel free to dress formally if you wish but there is no formal night on the Empress.

Unlike Carnival, RCI does not allow shorts in the MDR for dinner. So I'll be packing long pants for the evenings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334

After your cruise be sure to come back and tell us what they REALLY allow.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Forums mobile app

After your cruise be sure to come back and tell us what they REALLY allow.

True that. If I see a bunch of people wearing shorts to the MDR on the second night (dress codes aren't usually enforced on the first night because not everyone has had their luggage delivered -- and we'll be in Chops Grille the first night anyway) without repercussions, I'll probably wear shorts the remaining nights.

Been on 7 Empress sailings since August. Very casual. However, dockers and a knit polo shirt with collar will be fine. Have seen some people in the same shirt for a week - ugh. You can always eat at the trough vice the dining room. Food is actually decent there and no waiting especially nice if you get a bunch of boring people at your table in the MDR. We've tried all the dining venues and they are all decent. You generally don't see shorts in Boleros late at night. Just be sensible. No Concierge or Diamond Club. 3 drinks on your card if Diamond and above. Good trivia during the day. Very small but intimate.

Food is actually decent there and no waiting especially nice if you get a bunch of boring people at your table in the MDR.

Please tell me they allow private tables in the MDR. The last thing we want on our cruise is to have to sit with a bunch of strangers and act interested.

Been on 7 Empress sailings since August. Very casual. However, dockers and a knit polo shirt with collar will be fine. Have seen some people in the same shirt for a week - ugh. You can always eat at the trough vice the dining room. Food is actually decent there and no waiting especially nice if you get a bunch of boring people at your table in the MDR. We've tried all the dining venues and they are all decent. You generally don't see shorts in Boleros late at night. Just be sensible. No Concierge or Diamond Club. 3 drinks on your card if Diamond and above. Good trivia during the day. Very small but intimate.

So you're saying long pants for men is a must? Just trying to make sure hubby is prepared;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please tell me they allow private tables in the MDR. The last thing we want on our cruise is to have to sit with a bunch of strangers and act interested.

Never a problem getting a table for 2 if you have MTD. If you have traditional dining it's best to request it 2 - 3 weeks prior to the cruise by emailing rcidining@rccl.com

In MyTime you can ask for a table for two. There are a lot. Sometimes tables of 4. We like the conversation so we ask for a large one with "nice people" and no non-English speakers so we can talk. Sometimes we blast in and out in less than 30 minutes on a 2 man table.

If you have assigned seating you get, usually, a big table. We always do MyTime. If not available online, call the C&A and you will get it.

The last thing we want on our cruise is to have to sit with a bunch of strangers and act interested.

But, once in a while, you might be interested.

Biker, who shared a table with a P and a few other interesting folks on Empress in MTD.

Just got off Thursday no formal and only one smart casual night. Folks wearing swim suits with covers, formal, shorts etc. They don't have any hard and fast rules on this. We actually asked one of the dining managers about this.

But, once in a while, you might be interested.

Biker, who shared a table with a P and a few other interesting folks on Empress in MTD.

Sorry if I came off a bit snotty. It's just that my GF is out of town on business 3/4 of the year; when we're together, we like to spend our time together. Our jobs (commission sales for her, telephone technical support for me) both involve a lot of talking to total strangers, so we prefer our own company when on vacation together. YMMV, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

do you mean that there is no concierge lounge or NO concierge?