Royal Princess Pools - I'm confused

dopey1200

I keep reading about the different pools on the Royal and now I'm confused. People keep using different names (retreat, adult, sanctuary, lido, fountain, enclave, etc) for different pools and I'm not sure what's what anymore. Can somebody please break it down for me - official name, what deck is it on, is it adult only, it is free, etc? Thanks so much in advance for your help. I don't want to waste any time once I'm on board trying to figure this out!

Just go to the Princess site and look at the deck plans. All of the pools are shown there.

The Fountain Pool and the Plunge Pool are connected and are on Lido Deck.

The Retreat Pool is on Sun Deck forward. It is "near" the Sanctuary but not "in" the Sanctuary. It is adults only.

The Enclave is part of the Lotus Spa and has a hydro-therapy pool.

Royal doesn't have as many pools as the Grand class of ships.

I haven't been on Cruise Critic for some time and they sure have grown. My question is we are going on the Royal Princess on the Spanish Crossing. First time for this cruise. Does the Royal have an indoor pool we can use? We are leaving on April 19th and I would imagine the weather will cool off some compared to FL. So will we be without a pool or do they have something in the spa area we can use?

Thank You

I haven't been on Cruise Critic for some time and they sure have grown. My question is we are going on the Royal Princess on the Spanish Crossing. First time for this cruise. Does the Royal have an indoor pool we can use? We are leaving on April 19th and I would imagine the weather will cool off some compared to FL. So will we be without a pool or do they have something in the spa area we can use?

Thank You

No coveredpool on the Royal [emoji53] None of the ships currently doing TA's (Caribbean, Crown, Pacific, Regal, and Royal) have a covered pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank You

There is a hydrotherapy pool in the Enclave (spa Thermal Suite).

After your treatment head over to "The Enclave" where you can unwind on heated stone beds, waterbeds, a Turkish hamman and a hydrotherapy pool. Lastly be sure to visit the dry heat sauna, herbal steam room and state of the art "century" showers

It is not free to use. I believe if you get a treatment done you can use the Thermal Suite. Alternately you may be able to buy a cruise pass to Thermal Suite. It's not cheap, on a 17 day cruise it will likely cost 300 per person for a cruise long pass - while there is no set price from asking around I gather the spa prices it at at least $20 per day and you must buy for the duration of your cruise. A limit of 40 passes is sold each cruise so if you want it I suggest the spa is your first stop when you board the ship.

The pass includes use of all facilities in Thermal Suite - pool, multiple steam rooms, heated stone beds, waterbeds and multiple types of showers.

Alternately they may sell day passes if the Thermal Suite sales are down but there is no guarantee of that.

My wife and I are thinking of booking the same cruise you are. I'll race you to the spa on boarding day ;)

Unfortunately there are only 2 pools, I guess Princess built the ship on the cheap

They'd rather have passengers playing Bingo or shopping for diamond bracelets than wasting time swimming for free.

Insufficient pool space for the number of passengers is a real problem for the Royal class for sure, at least for warm weather cruises.

And it looks like there is no shade anywhere near the adult only pool unless you pay for it? :(

It doesn't matter, as in my experience on the Regal, there was never a vacant seat at the adult-only pool in the first place, never mind whether it was in sun or shade.

Ditto what Shepp said re inadequate pool space.