Haven requests

cruzinnh

On my two previous NCL cruises, both Haven aft penthouse, I requested a variety of pillows, extra hangers, the fridge emptied, extra blankets for outside, 2% milk in the fridge, M&Ms and gummy bears. I also requested dinner with the Chief Engineer (which we were lucky enough to be selected for).

Two Wheels Only - what kind of bike? :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In case you do not have number for Pre-Concierge desk 1-855-625-4283

#1 reading wedge (big surprise with my name)

There is usually one of every type of pillow on the bed except the reading wedge and you can switch out or wait and decide what you want when you get to your cabin.

Clear out the mini fridge

M&Ms

When the Butler stops by the first day:

Splenda for DH

We ask for warm chocolate chip cookies for DH

No uncooked fish for afternoon snack

Edited by Linda the Book Lover
still script p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: n

We also asked for minifridge to be cleaned out and then to put in it:

• milk for coffee
  • pitcher of lemonade for my kids

Asked for extra pillows for the bed and for all of the pillows to be hypoallergenic.

You can ask for his favorite snacks to be in the room and throughout the week ... my kids love gummy bears so I had them in there the whole week.

Dumb question, but are the gummy bears and M&Ms an included item, or are they charged like a minibar item if they are requested?

There is no such thing as a dumb question:) Yes M&Ms are included at no charge to you and if you like you can also have gummy bears as well. The treat of Suite/Havens is the wonderful care from the Butler and Concierge. Ask all of the questions you would like to know. Someone will pop in and answer for you. There are a few threads on CC if you type in Butler, Concierge, Suite or Haven.

I request things in advance from concierge (which are sometimes done and sometimes not), and also type up a note for the butler that specifies what we like/want and need.

For the concierge, I ask for most of the things listed above - empty refrig, additional pillows, an egg crate topper for the couch bed.

For the butler, I type up a detailed note with our preferences. Ive reprinted the last one here so you get an idea - i just revise it for each cruise, We of course tip extra and generously for the extra services we request:

To our Butler:

We are Jim and Terry. We are not high maintenance, but there are afew things that would make our stay more pleasurable, some of which we requested through pre-concierge:

• ·Please remove everything from our refrigerator
  • ·It would be great if you could keep our fridge stocked with a pitcher of cranberry juice, and a pitcher of iced tea, along with a plate of lemon wedges for the tea.
  • ·You can remove the tea pods, and please leave extra coffee pods, as well as half and half for the coffee
  • We would like a couple of extra pillows – climatrelle and down, and a reading wedge
  • ·We need an egg crate topper for the living room couch bed.
  • We will likely order breakfast in the suite a couple of times. We will do our best to do that the previous night so you have notice. It is unlikely we will do any dinners in the suite.
  • As far as snacks go, we love pretzel bread sandwiches, cheese, and peanut M&Ms, as well as the usual sweet and savory snacks. We do not care for choc covered strawberries
  • We will have a small pre-dinner cocktail party on the deck for our family - 12 people -- as a surprise for my sisters 50th wedding anniversary. It will be on the last sea day at 6pm. We have already ordered and paid for the 2 dozen shrimp platter(Shrimper’s Delight) and International Cheese plate. We have wine that we brought onboard, and a few bottles from NCL. So, there are only a few things we will need:

• Enough wine glasses, small plates,utensils and napkins

• ·Perhaps chips, pretzels or bar snacks if there is any available?
  • If possible, I would like to get them a small anniversary cake (not for us to all eat, but for them to take back to their room for later.) If you could provide me with the pricing options for that, it would be great. Once I have the pricing, I will decide what to order.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to our week onboard.

Ask all of the questions you would like to know. Someone will pop in and answer for you. There are a few threads on CC if you type in Butler, Concierge, Suite or Haven.

Thanks. We are in an H5 for our first cruise on NCL in two weeks. The upgrade to Haven is a surprise to my partner! A concierge had emailed me and asked about pillows, coffee, etc, but I didn't know about the gummy bears...he will love that!

I am freaking out about it a bit though...I Found out NCL sent out luggage tags and travel docs to us on Friday. I have to go out of town a week from today (a week before we embark) and I'm afraid those will show up while I'm out of town and blow the surprise! I asked if they had a tracking number so I could track their progress but it sounds like they're coming via regular mail. Hopefully they show up by this Saturday, otherwise I'm going to have to say "if something from NCL comes, don't open it!' That'll be suspicious as all get out. LOL.

I hope you will be able to keep the surprise but it is still a surprise no matter when your partner finds out. Perhaps a casual, "oh just leave the NCl mail until I get home and I will take care of it";). I hope you both have a wonderful time enjoying the Haven. Trust me once you start you will soon find yourself always wanting to book a cabin in them. We are seniors so we keep saying this is our last time. LOL

I request things in advance from concierge (which are sometimes done and sometimes not), and also type up a note for the butler that specifies what we like/want and need.

For the concierge, I ask for most of the things listed above - empty refrig, additional pillows, an egg crate topper for the couch bed.

For the butler, I type up a detailed note with our preferences. Ive reprinted the last one here so you get an idea - i just revise it for each cruise, We of course tip extra and generously for the extra services we request:

To our Butler:

We are Jim and Terry. We are not high maintenance, but there are afew things that would make our stay more pleasurable, some of which we requested through pre-concierge:

• ·Please remove everything from our refrigerator
  • ·It would be great if you could keep our fridge stocked with a pitcher of cranberry juice, and a pitcher of iced tea, along with a plate of lemon wedges for the tea.
  • ·You can remove the tea pods, and please leave extra coffee pods, as well as half and half for the coffee
  • We would like a couple of extra pillows – climatrelle and down, and a reading wedge
  • ·We need an egg crate topper for the living room couch bed.
  • We will likely order breakfast in the suite a couple of times. We will do our best to do that the previous night so you have notice. It is unlikely we will do any dinners in the suite.
  • As far as snacks go, we love pretzel bread sandwiches, cheese, and peanut M&Ms, as well as the usual sweet and savory snacks. We do not care for choc covered strawberries
  • We will have a small pre-dinner cocktail party on the deck for our family - 12 people -- as a surprise for my sisters 50th wedding anniversary. It will be on the last sea day at 6pm. We have already ordered and paid for the 2 dozen shrimp platter(Shrimper’s Delight) and International Cheese plate. We have wine that we brought onboard, and a few bottles from NCL. So, there are only a few things we will need:

• Enough wine glasses, small plates,utensils and napkins

• ·Perhaps chips, pretzels or bar snacks if there is any available?
  • If possible, I would like to get them a small anniversary cake (not for us to all eat, but for them to take back to their room for later.) If you could provide me with the pricing options for that, it would be great. Once I have the pricing, I will decide what to order.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to our week onboard.

W

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If in an non- owners suite, we:

1) have the fridge emptied,

2) chocolate milk and OJ requested

3) request honey for tea

4) if the kids are coming, we ask for foam toppers for their bed(s)

5) ask for climarelle and ultra foam pillows.

If in an OS or higher, we ask to sub out a couple of bottles of liquor for what we actually drink (Captain Morgan instead of Bacardi White rum), and give them a list of our preferred sodas (orange, Pepsi, ginger ale, etc)

If the kids are with us, we never have to ASK for the gummies. Or for other yummy snacks. It actually gets kind of ridiculous.

On our Sky cruise last summer, one day we ended up with: 2 plates of sandwiches, a fruit place, a cheese plate, a plate of lemon pound cake a fruit bowl and a birthday cake. Plus, the gummies and M&Ms.

"We need an egg crate topper for the living room couch bed."

Tel2 - What is an egg crate topper?

IT is a foam mattress pad that looks like an empty egg carton that makes an otherwise very hard couch into a reasonably comfortable bed.

Thanks. We are in an H5 for our first cruise on NCL in two weeks. The upgrade to Haven is a surprise to my partner! A concierge had emailed me and asked about pillows, coffee, etc, but I didn't know about the gummy bears...he will love that!

I am freaking out about it a bit though...I Found out NCL sent out luggage tags and travel docs to us on Friday. I have to go out of town a week from today (a week before we embark) and I'm afraid those will show up while I'm out of town and blow the surprise! I asked if they had a tracking number so I could track their progress but it sounds like they're coming via regular mail. Hopefully they show up by this Saturday, otherwise I'm going to have to say "if something from NCL comes, don't open it!' That'll be suspicious as all get out. LOL.

YOU WILL LOVE IT IN THE HAVEN!!!! My sisters and I were in a forward facing penthouse about a month ago and although it wasn't close to the Haven, we needed the exercise and it was worth the walk. Service is excellent!!!! ENJOY. Hope your surprise doesn't get ruined.

We are in the garden villa on the pearl in April I haven't told ds or DD both think we are doing inside cabins ds said the other day this is the first time I will have cruised and not been a VIP can't wait to see there surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they do any unpacking/packing or ironing?

You may request for the Butler to unpack. I have no idea about repacking since I prefer to unpack and pack myself so I know where things are in the cabin. We never take anything that requires ironing;)

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

YOU WILL LOVE IT IN THE HAVEN!!!! My sisters and I were in a forward facing penthouse about a month ago and although it wasn't close to the Haven, we needed the exercise and it was worth the walk. Service is excellent!!!! ENJOY. Hope your surprise doesn't get ruined.

Thanks, I'm so excited! We have cruised on Disney three times, this is our first time on NCL. We are traveling with friends that we met on our first Disney cruise, actually, and they are huge NCL fans.

No travel documents in the mail today. 4 more days left where I can still intercept them!

There is no such thing as a dumb question:) Yes M&Ms are included at no charge to you and if you like you can also have gummy bears as well. The treat of Suite/Havens is the wonderful care from the Butler and Concierge. Ask all of the questions you would like to know. Someone will pop in and answer for you. There are a few threads on CC if you type in Butler, Concierge, Suite or Haven.

Ya know, after all my Haven experiences.....I would have answered that the exact same way except that on the Epic a few weeks ago (2/4/17) there was not a gummy bear or M&M in site....ANYWHERE! Not in our cabin....not in the Courtyard and when we asked the Concierge he has NO idea what we were talking about! :confused:

Maybe they don't offer them any more???