Using Lyft from FLL/to Port Everglades???

Scoobs9

Has anyone used Lyft to get from FLL to Port Everglades and/or from the Port to FLL? Just wondering where pick up is and how efficient it is and cost. Just used Lyft for the first time in Vegas and it was amazing and a third of the cost of a taxi!

Thanks in advance!

We recently used lyft from Miami international airport to port Everglades and back. It was great! Start the app and within 3-5 minutes or less your car pulls up. Cost us about $35 each way to / from Miami.

I will always use lyft for this. I bet it's less than $15 from FLL.

This is the one port I wouldn't bother with Lyft or Uber. The FLL airport and port Everglades are spitting distance apart--a regular cab runs less than $10 each way--it's about a 5-minute ride. Have fun!

This is the one port I wouldn't bother with Lyft or Uber. The FLL airport and port Everglades are spitting distance apart--a regular cab runs less than $10 each way--it's about a 5-minute ride. Have fun!

More like $15 + tip.

We used Lyft for our cruises this past January in FLL and MIA. The service was very pleasant. Recommended.

Flew into FLL, Lyfted to Miami for our cruise. Then Lyfted again to FLL port for another cruise. Then back to the airport.

Used Lyft from a Ft Lauderdale hotel, just north of airport, to Regal about 3 weeks ago. Cost was ~$7 & we added $5 tip due to number of bags, even with only 2 people. He took what I thought a bit of a circuitous route in order to enter from 17th by convention center, right at Regal (terminal 2) but I think it was so the security gate would be avoided. Wasn't a problem & no difference in cost.

We selected Lyft over Uber based on the app reviews as Uber reviews mentioned that Uber tends to regularly bug people to keep location service turned on.

We'll gladly do Lyft again.

I only use LYFT when needing a taxi. I do not care where I am. The taxis at FLL

are thieves, especially yellow. They tried to charge me $10 from the pier 2 to

Publix Market. That was the minimum charge. I told him he better call the police as

I was not going to pay him anything. He left. I then called the taxi bureau.

Greg

Publix Market. That was the minimum charge. I told him he better call the police as

He was telling the truth. Minimum charge from the port is $10. Not sure how well this is obvious on any printed signs in the cab.

Greg

You got a ride and didn't pay at all?

We used Uber this year to get from hotel to port. And also used it last winter once to get from restaurant to hotel before cruise. Both were in Fort Lauderdale. Both times we had drivers who spoke not a word of English. The gentleman who attempted to get us to the port, did not even understand words as simple as 'right' or 'left' when we got lost, turned on our GPS to get us turned around and to the port. A very frustrating day!

leaving the port after a cruise there, we have used taxis to get to the airport. Quick, easy and only about $20. We did notice on three occasions, there were people with their cases, rolling to almost across the street from Walgreens to pick up their Uber or Lyft rides. I don't know if that is where they 'have' to meet, but those were our observations.

We used Uber this year to get from hotel to port. And also used it last winter once to get from restaurant to hotel before cruise. Both were in Fort Lauderdale. Both times we had drivers who spoke not a word of English. The gentleman who attempted to get us to the port, did not even understand words as simple as 'right' or 'left' when we got lost, turned on our GPS to get us turned around and to the port. A very frustrating day!

leaving the port after a cruise there, we have used taxis to get to the airport. Quick, easy and only about $20. We did notice on three occasions, there were people with their cases, rolling to almost across the street from Walgreens to pick up their Uber or Lyft rides. I don't know if that is where they 'have' to meet, but those were our observations.

I don't know about uber, but the lyft drivers all have gps so there is no getting lost. For terminal 2 they drop off and pickup right at the passenger pickup area on the side where the visitor/employee entrance is not more than 20 ft from the terminal building. All the cars are less than 4yr old and in great condition. I'll never grab a cab again if lyft is in town.

I don't know about uber, but the lyft drivers all have gps so there is no getting lost. For terminal 2 they drop off and pickup right at the passenger pickup area on the side where the visitor/employee entrance is not more than 20 ft from the terminal building. All the cars are less than 4yr old and in great condition. I'll never grab a cab again if lyft is in town.

Both had their GPS systems on, both in Spanish, yet this last one couldn't even follow that! Talk about vetting people for employment! We think that if either service wants to hire folks in the Fort Lauderdale area, they should know the area and basic English. To not know where the port is and words like left and right. This guy couldn't follow the directions on his GPS in his own language!

Greg

He was telling the truth. Minimum charge from the port is $10. Not sure how well this is obvious on any printed signs in the cab.

Greg - what did the taxi bureau tell you because your driver was correct? There should have been signage in the cab and I've had the taxi driver warn me when going from Port Everglades to the Embassy Suites.

$10 MINIMUM FARE

There is a minimum $10.00 charge for all trips that originate at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (in addition to the $3.00 origination fee) or Port Everglades seaport. (
)

We used Lyft last fall to our hotel in Hollywood, to the port and back to the airport. It was great and easy, although we ran into a snag getting picked up after the cruise. Since we were staying on, we chose to get off the ship a little later and cruise passengers were arriving as well. It was difficult the the Lyft driver to find us. Otherwise, would do again.

We used Lyft last fall to our hotel in Hollywood, to the port and back to the airport. It was great and easy, although we ran into a snag getting picked up after the cruise. Since we were staying on, we chose to get off the ship a little later and cruise passengers were arriving as well. It was difficult the the Lyft driver to find us. Otherwise, would do again.

Where do you meet the Lyft driver when disembarking the ship in Port Everglades?