Club Class Bar Service

Hopeless67

That's odd. i just found one of our cards (I usually don't save them) from a February 2014 cruise on the Ruby Princess in a full suite that had it marked on it.

I've never sailed in a suite (and given my financial circumstances I almost certainly never will) but, since only full suite passengers are entitled to breakfast in Sabatini's I would be surprised to find that it wasn't indicated on the cruise card.

Whenever I see or hear: "A bartender told me..." or "A bus driver told me...", my skepticism detector goes off. Not saying that the people reporting this are misquoting the bartenders or the bus drivers. But the bartenders and bus drivers aren't always on point with their information. Often times, their "sources" are other bus drivers and bartenders.

Guess we will see if your skepticism detector is worth keeping or be thrown in the garbage. We should find out in the coming weeks....

I've never sailed in a suite (and given my financial circumstances I almost certainly never will) but, since only full suite passengers are entitled to breakfast in Sabatini's I would be surprised to find that it wasn't indicated on the cruise card.

It's only in the last few years that it has appeared on the card but even before that I was impressed that at the first breakfast in Sabatinis the head waiter compared your card to the printed list of full suite passengers and welcomed you by name. On subsequent days you didn't need to show your card and we were usually greeted by name. The staff certainly had wonderful memories for names and faces.

So Club Class gets served first but not Suite guests? CC is now ranking higher that Suite class? When we were in a suite it wasn't marked on our cruise card. Is CC indicated on one's cruise card?

That's just wrong to push everyone else to the back of the bar line in favor of CC class or any class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those in a full suite are in Club Class along with those in the designated mini-suites.

Sent from my desktop using MTF

It's only in the last few years that it has appeared on the card but even before that I was impressed that at the first breakfast in Sabatinis the head waiter compared your card to the printed list of full suite passengers and welcomed you by name. On subsequent days you didn't need to show your card and we were usually greeted by name. The staff certainly had wonderful memories for names and faces.

Maybe when the Medallions are implemented someone going there in a full suite will cause a green light to turn on and anyone not in a full suite will cause a red light to turn on.

It could also be that those passengers had been there for quite some time "deciding" going over the choices for the third time and the bartender told them he'd be right back. Went over served the new guy and came back to them to see if they had finally decided on what drink they wanted. Or he could have known the other guy from previous visits, knew he wanted a rum and coke and just made it while the other couple was waiting for the bartender to spend another 10 minutes with them to help pick out a new drink with an alcohol that they don't normally drink. Or even figure out what the guy he saw the day before ordered because it looked good.

On our last cruise our 10 YO grandson always ordered virgin strawberry margaritas. When the bartender saw him coming his way he would make the drink and have it ready for him by the time he got there. Of course, he wouldn't stop helping someone else to do it. The bartender also knew he would be getting a dollar tip from him, DGD and myself. If he had 10 drinks (including water of course) during the day or get his sister one then each and every time was another dollar. Imagine the stories that others are spreading about a bartender serving a child before an adult.

It could be any of a 100 reasons and if you weren't there you simply don't know. If it really happened the way you reported it I imagine that bartender doesn't work there any more.

Guess we will see if your skepticism detector is worth keeping or be thrown in the garbage. We should find out in the coming weeks....

Why do we need to wait for the coming weeks? CLCL is already implemented. See post #15 for what people are actually experiencing.

Having recently done B2B Club Class I can confirm - that at least on Regal Princess - ABSOLUTELY NO special BAR treatment - in fact - at times long service bar waits. How in the heck could a bartender detect a Club Class passenger from anyone else - no cruise card designation, etc. Looks like those not in favor of Club Class are at it again!! JMO but CC will be the future way forward for Princess - even for us Elites.

Thanks for confirming: NO Special Bar Treatment for Club Class passengers.