What do you do when you first board the ship.

toescat

We go to Crown Grill and make reservations for the week, then off to Alfredo's or International Cafe for a bite and our first vacation drink...ahhh...it won't be long now! 😎

I go up to the sanctuary and reserve my spot for the week. I go to my cabin and drop off my backpack. Putt passports in the safe with money and credit cards. If alfredos on the ship i go for lunch, if not then the MDR. I will avoid the buffet at all cost. Then i go to Crooners and get acquainted :-)

We drop our carryons in the cabin--set the safe code--call the dine line to get reservations for special dining options (this cruise we're going to be on the Regal so we're wanting to attend the Wine Makers Dinner, Ultimate Balcony Dinner, and the Crown Grill); make changes with the mini-bar. For our upcoming cruise at the end of the month our plans are to have lunch at Alfredos (if we are NOT on the Regal/Royal we go to the IC). If our luggage is in the room, I like to hang up our clothing/shoes and shove the luggage under the bed--that's when I feel like the vacation has begun. :hearteyes: Then we wander around the ship, purchase an adult beverage and wait for sail away!

Do all Princess ships have embarkation day lunch in MDR? Will be on Island Princess in a few weeks and would much rather do that than buffet. Also, can you drop off bags in room before announcement they are ready?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always do the Princess "scavenger hunt" thing with the stamps on the card they leave in your cabin. You go to all the sites listed on the card, get them stamped, and then you can enter a drawing. My wife has won all kinds of stuff on those stamp-cards!

We go to Crown Grill and make reservations for the week, then off to Alfredo's or International Cafe for a bite and our first vacation drink...ahhh...it won't be long now! 😎

I asked this once before but got no response. What/where is Alfredo's on the ships? We will be on the Coral in a couple of weeks. Is it Sabatini's during lunch? Is there a charge for lunch?

TIA

I asked this once before but got no response. What/where is Alfredo's on the ships? We will be on the Coral in a couple of weeks. Is it Sabatini's during lunch? Is there a charge for lunch?

TIA

"Named for our Master Chef, Alfredo Marzi and voted 'Best Pizza at Sea' by USA TODAY, this charming sit-down venue offers an enticing menu of freshly prepared individual-size pizzas along with beer and wines by the glass. The open kitchen design allows you to watch as the chefs create pizza by hand and serve them straight out of the oven."

Unfortunately, I don't see one on the Coral deck plans.

"Named for our Master Chef, Alfredo Marzi and voted 'Best Pizza at Sea' by USA TODAY, this charming sit-down venue offers an enticing menu of freshly prepared individual-size pizzas along with beer and wines by the glass. The open kitchen design allows you to watch as the chefs create pizza by hand and serve them straight out of the oven."

Thank you very much for your response. Oh well, I am sure I will be able to find a little something to eat on the Coral. ;)

Thank you very much for your response. Oh well, I am sure I will be able to find a little something to eat on the Coral. ;)

Unfortunately, none on the Ruby! If you don't get on before 1:30 p.m., you are stuck with beginning your cruise with scrambling for tables in the buffet. Bad way to start a cruise. Loved Alfredos on other ships.

Do all Princess ships have embarkation day lunch in MDR? Will be on Island Princess in a few weeks and would much rather do that than buffet. Also, can you drop off bags in room before announcement they are ready?

If the MDR is open on that ship for lunch then it is only until 1pm....There is usually not an announcement on Princess about rooms. They are usually ready when you board. At least they have been on the 17 Princess cruises we have been on.

I was shocked once on a Carnival cruise to find everyone on the upper decks with their coats and carry ons waiting to get in their cabins.

Drop off my carry on in my stateroom & then head for the main dinning room where I don't have to deal wit a lot of people & hunt around for a free table. Nice to just be able to sit down & relax and enjoy a nice meal. And you can have a nice conservation with other people on your cruise. The only downside is that the staff a lot of times steers you away & says to go to the buffet.

Of course I show up early where I can be one of the first groups to board the ship. That way if it's before the dinning room opens, 12 noon, I can look around the ship especially if it's a ship I haven't been on before.

Tom:D

TIA

There is Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Grand and Sapphire, and with expanded menu on the Royal and Regal.

Get to our cabin, open the door and AAahh we are home again. Put stuff in safe, quick wipe down of cabin, at some point meet with steward. Head to H court to see if they have scallops, some fruit. Set off to check out the ship, back to cabin , unpack what we can, go to life boat drill, back to cabin to sit on balcony drink wine and enjoy sail away..

After that it's all good.. do what we want , :Dwhen we want, we are cruising.. yippee:p

Cori

My question of the day is: Once you have dropped your carry on's off in your cabin what do you do first.

I go to Horizon Court and eat, then grab a great big Margarita.

On the Regal we dropped off small carry ons & then ate in the International café. The food there had great appearance & presentation, but looked much better that it actually tasted. Next time we'll go to Horizons. After the lunch we do the exploring of the ship(whatever line we try)

Personally, we thought the Pizza was NOTHING to write home about. Not terrible, but really quite bland. It did look great, which was the letdown. Nice appearance, bland taste.

Personally, we thought the Pizza was NOTHING to write home about. Not terrible, but really quite bland. It did look great, which was the letdown. Nice appearance, bland taste.

Which ship was that, if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if it's specific to the pizzaiolo or a general issue.

Which ship was that, if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if it's specific to the pizzaiolo or a general issue.

Sorry. This was on the Regal last year. Alfredo's & International Café food looked great, but was a bit bland tasting. Horizons has very good food for a ship buffet. The lines were a bit crazy, but aren't they like that on any ship?

Sorry. This was on the Regal last year. Alfredo's & International Café food looked great, but was a bit bland tasting. Horizons has very good food for a ship buffet. The lines were a bit crazy, but aren't they like that on any ship?

Thanks! Nothing to be sorry about. IMO, one of the nicest things about cruising is that if there's some food you don't especially like, it's no big deal. There's always another option!