Can I fly a small kite off my balcony?

Fred Quimby

You can skeet shoot off an act balcony!

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you know how it used to be, but my inlaws said they remember skeet shooting from cruise ships when they first started cruising.

It doesn't matter if you are in the most expensive suite on the ship.

You can't fly a kite from your balcony.

Going on a cruise doesn't mean you get to check your common sense at the door.

"Common Sense" now there is something that has gone by the wayside.

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you know how it used to be, but my inlaws said they remember skeet shooting from cruise ships when they first started cruising.

Also, you used to be able to hit golf balls off the back of the ship, of course it was a designated place and crew members were present. I think they charge so much per bucket of balls.

Our first cruise on the Home Lines Atlantic back in the late 80's had skeet shooting off the aft of the ship. Those were the days when ships did not have a ton of things to do during the day like they do now.

Also, you used to be able to hit golf balls off the back of the ship, of course it was a designated place and crew members were present. I think they charge so much per bucket of balls.

Nah, it was free if you returned the balls.

How about a drone? You get some awesome shots if you could take your drone with you.

One guy did. Has some video. Seems they didn't catch it in Miami and he did fly it off a balcony. They finally found it at the first port and they kept it below deck while he was on the cruise. He could request it each time he left the ship. There was a link in one of the threads on CC showing the video he got

I was thinking of taking mine however I will be in a rush for my flight home and don't want to have to worry about having to pick it up from security.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Seriously? Really.

No. Of course he wasn't being serious. He was trolling. I would have though the smiles and the bad joke in response to the twitter question would have been a give away.

Yet, here we are on page two ....

No. Of course he wasn't being serious. He was trolling. I would have though the smiles and the bad joke in response to the twitter question would have been a give away.

Yet, here we are on page two ....

Absolutely !!!!

The questions that get asked on CC is just out of hand...and this one just fits the bill!! Can ya fly a kite....who is the ship hotel director...and on and on! Just takes up all this space on nonsense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh dear, I'm so sorry you feel this way. Others have felt the same but they found that once they stopped reading and posting in those threads, that they had no interest in, they felt much better about CC.

I hope you feel better soon,

I think a simple ...no, and the reason why, would have been sufficient for an answer. Why does everyone think it's OK to be "sarcastic and snarky"

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly but I just think this one was funny. In the current climate of vitriolic dividends bordering on McCarthyism, I thought it was hysterical.:)

You SURE can! In fact, last year on the POA, not only did we fly a kite from our balcony, but we also fished, shot off bottle rockets, flew our drone, did some skeet shooting, AND played catch from our balcony to our friends, 3 decks down! ENJOY!

You SURE can! In fact, last year on the POA, not only did we fly a kite from our balcony, but we also fished, shot off bottle rockets, flew our drone, did some skeet shooting, AND played catch from our balcony to our friends, 3 decks down! ENJOY!

I want to cruise with you guys! To heck with NCL cutting out the Fireworks on the Away ships! You guys topped their show with your own. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

fishing..wow..is the fish fresh today

Very fresh if you catch it off your balcony AND if you take your fish the the MDR, they will clean and cook it to order for you! It just doesn't get any better than that. ;p