Cabin wifi

My DH checks his business email on vacation, so we get the Internet package. Does it work on oceanview cabin balconies or only in the cabin? (Specifically asking for Oasis)

Depends on the location. I've found that coverage on some balconies is not as good as inside the stateroom, and other balconies have no problem.

Depends on the location. I've found that coverage on some balconies is not as good as inside the stateroom, and other balconies have no problem.

I seem to remember that you like deck 8. How are those balconies?

I seem to remember that you like deck 8. How are those balconies?

I don't think you can generalize about performance on the balconies by deck. It all depends how close the device is to an access point, and how much metal is in between. In other words, one balcony on deck 8 might be fine and another might be bad.

I don't think you can generalize about performance on the balconies by deck. It all depends how close the device is to an access point, and how much metal is in between. In other words, one balcony on deck 8 might be fine and another might be bad.

Bob is spot on (as usual)...

Then again...we've read that you can get a stronger signal in your cabin with special receiving equipment...

blog-antenna-pass-thru.jpg

Bob is spot on (as usual)...

Then again...we've read that you can get a stronger signal in your cabin with special receiving equipment...

blog-antenna-pass-thru.jpg

So funny!!! Guess I need to pack a little bit of foil, along with my duct tape! ;) Crossing my fingers hoping he can check email while enjoying coffee in the mornings. Thanks for the feedback!

So funny!!! Guess I need to pack a little bit of foil, along with my duct tape! ;) Crossing my fingers hoping he can check email while enjoying coffee in the mornings. Thanks for the feedback!

The WIFI should be very good in most locations...even without the added foil accessories...

My DH checks his business email on vacation, so we get the Internet package. Does it work on oceanview cabin balconies or only in the cabin? (Specifically-asking for Oasis)

We've used our laptop on both Oasis & Allure while sitting in a CP balcony without any problems. I've used it for both e-mails, looking at personal financial info., & listening to my favorite sports radio "WFAN in New York."