AARP and Carnival Gift Cards

jewliana

I see that they have them available BUT they show as sold out :-(

Do you know how often they have them so I know to look again and do you know how long it takes to get them once you are able to purchase some. I have a trip in next month I would love to use them for!

thanks in advance for any help!

I find them at least once a month and sometimes more often, keep looking you will get them. I order them all year long for each Christmas cruise, easy way to save money with the discounts and have the GC at the ready when its time to go!

I find them at least once a month and sometimes more often, keep looking you will get them. I order them all year long for each Christmas cruise, easy way to save money with the discounts and have the GC at the ready when its time to go!

Thanks so much! I will keep looking! When they have them are they there for more than one day or do they sell out quickly??

Do you have to do the quizzes to get cards?

No, but it does help tremendously in accumulating points. I got about 3000 just for signing up and redeeming a few introductory promo codes that were sent to me, enough to get three 100 cards. Since then I took many quizzes and signed up for all of the electronic newsletters and earned 11000 points. Earlier this week snagged two 500 and one 100.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I saw them on AARP the other day, I added 3 to my cart and when I entered my payment it said they were no longer available. Kind of annoyed that it would let me add them to my cart and then proclaim to sell them out before I can get the credit card entered.

I would suggest also checking with your bank or credit union. We're members of Navy Federal CU and were able to get 2 $100.00 gift cards by just using our rewards points. We're planning to pay our mandatory gratitude with it and then the rest on whatever.

Do you know how often they have them so I know to look again and do you know how long it takes to get them once you are able to purchase some.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when they appear. But all I know is that you should keep looking, and doing it multiple times a day. :D I was able to grab some two different times in the last week or so, and I usually get tracking info within only a day or two. Then they show up usually the next day. They come by UPS and require a signature. I'm not home during the day, so I signed up for My UPS which lets you electronically sign and authorize the driver to just leave the package.

So if you need them for an upcoming trip I'd just keep stalking the websites. :p(yn)

Do you have to do the quizzes to get cards?

You don't have to do anything except sign up. Sign up for AARPRewards, login to the site, get your gift cards, cancel your account. You don't have to do any quizzes, sign up for any newsletters, nothing. I didn't even verify my email address. Once you get them, delete your account. Then create a new account if you want more in the future and you get the sign-up points each time you sign up.

You don't have to do anything except sign up. Sign up for AARPRewards, login to the site, get your gift cards, cancel your account. You don't have to do any quizzes, sign up for any newsletters, nothing. I didn't even verify my email address. Once you get them, delete your account. Then create a new account if you want more in the future and you get the sign-up points each time you sign up.

By doing it your way, the most you'll be able to get is about three 100 cards. By taking the quizzes and using the other methods of achieving points, you'll be able to get the 500 cards and get more value. To each his own, though.

By doing it your way, the most you'll be able to get is about three 100 cards. By taking the quizzes and using the other methods of achieving points, you'll be able to get the 500 cards and get more value. To each his own, though.

You can get at least $500 my way.

No, but it does help tremendously in accumulating points. I got about 3000 just for signing up and redeeming a few introductory promo codes that were sent to me, enough to get three 100 cards. Since then I took many quizzes and signed up for all of the electronic newsletters and earned 11000 points. Earlier this week snagged two 500 and one 100.

How does this work? Do you use the points to get $ off a card, or do you earn enough points to actually get a card?

You can get at least $500 my way.
Unless you're a member of AARP and they double your sign up points, you do not get 5,000 points with your initial sign up, which is what you would need to purchase a 500.00 card.

How does this work? Do you use the points to get $ off a card, or do you earn enough points to actually get a card?

You use your points to get 10% off the card, you pay $90 for a $100 gift card or $450 for a $500 card. Took me a few times, but I finally snagged some for our trip later this year. Keep trying, good luck!!

Does anyone know if you have say a balance of $475....Can you buy a $500 card and use $475 to pay off your balance, then apply the remainder to your S&S account? Or do you need to buy 4 x $100 cards?

Buy the $500. Pay off your cruise then use the balance to buy cruise cash thru the fun shops

Does anyone know if you have say a balance of $475....Can you buy a $500 card and use $475 to pay off your balance, then apply the remainder to your S&S account? Or do you need to buy 4 x $100 cards?

Yes you can add it to your S&S card but not before your on board.

Just keep the gift card number and apply the remainder to your S&S account once your on the ship.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...