Giovanni's on Liberty?

A few months ago, it was reported that Giovanni's on LB no longer had the filet on the menu and that the substitute was terrible. It was on the menu on both Allure and Harmony. I have read a couple of reviews of Giovanni's from Liberty pax who say the meal was wonderful. Wondering if the filet is back on the menu on LB?

it was there on our cruise last week (at least it was for dinner seating)

although I ended up getting the Ossobuco both times we dined there.. it's amazing.

Bert - you are a wealth of helpful knowledge for me and fellow future travelers today!! Thank you! This is more great news for us!! Fingers crossed its there when I travel departing on Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bert - you are a wealth of helpful knowledge for me and fellow future travelers today!! Thank you! This is more great news for us!! Fingers crossed its there when I travel departing on Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our group of 12 will be on the same cruise! Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle yet?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bert425,

Which itinerary were you on?

Do you happen to know what the MDR menu rotation was ?

Which nights were formal?:)thanks

we were on the Liberty (:) )

Roatan, Belize, Cozumel.

I saw the MDR menus listed somewhere else on the site, and that looked accurate.

I can tell you that the itinerary was:

Galveston

Sea Day (Formal Night, lobster bisque on apps menu)

Sea Day

Roatan

Belize

Cozumel (Formal Night, Lobster on main menu)

Sea Day

Galveston (am)

We were on Liberty in Nov and Giovanni's food was just "meh". One in our party discovered the filet was no longer available. He was offered the NY, but declined and ordered something else. They brought him what he ordered and a complimentary NY. He said it was inedible. Doubting that I tried a bite and it was awful.

The service was exceptional.

We were on Liberty in Nov and Giovanni's food was just "meh". One in our party discovered the filet was no longer available. He was offered the NY, but declined and ordered something else. They brought him what he ordered and a complimentary NY. He said it was inedible. Doubting that I tried a bite and it was awful.

The service was exceptional.

Don't understand why someone would get a filet over a NY or Ribeye? Sure....they are very tender, but it needs a sauce to give it any flavor.

That being said.....the Ribeye was terrible at Jamie's Italian on Harmony. The waiter warned us!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Giovanni's on the Liberty is where I understand if you are in a suite you can have breakfast? I had seen on one forum that you can order off a menu or bring food in from the buffet and sit there if you wish. Also I had seen somewhere that they provide suite guests in Giovanni's fresh squeezed orange juice at no charge ..... can anyone advise on this? Thank you!

Giovanni's on the Liberty is where I understand if you are in a suite you can have breakfast? I had seen on one forum that you can order off a menu or bring food in from the buffet and sit there if you wish. Also I had seen somewhere that they provide suite guests in Giovanni's fresh squeezed orange juice at no charge ..... can anyone advise on this? Thank you!

If you are in a GS or greater ( not a JS) you have breakfast in specialty which on this ship is Giovanni's you also have lunch there on sea days but lunch is not same menu as the normal Giovanni's menu, have not had fresh squeezed OJ with suite perks , and yes you can bring food in from WJ and have it in Giovanni;s for either breakfast and lunch ( last year Liberty used Chops instead)

Also want to say I have never been disappointed in any meal in Giovannni's on any ship but can not say the same for Chops and Izumi's

On Liberty, Navigator and Serenade we have always gotten fresh squeezed OJ in the specialty restaurant for no charge. Maybe you just have to ask. I know on LB, the servers go into the Windjammer where the machine is located and bring it back to us in Giovanni's. Hope they still do this when we are on in May!

Thank you ! We are in an Owners Suite on the April 30th sailing and my daughter and I love the fresh squeezed OJ and are looking forward to it. All the better if it comes no charge once in awhile:).

Thank you ! We are in an Owners Suite on the April 30th sailing and my daughter and I love the fresh squeezed OJ and are looking forward to it. All the better if it comes no charge once in awhile:).

We are on same cruise in a GS, ships has a really nice suite lounge also, join the meet and mingle if your interested.

We were on the Liberty from Jan 29 - Feb 5th and ate in Giovanni's twice because it was so good! The Osso buco was perhaps the best I've ever had. It was flavorful and moist and tender. Just incredible. My wife ordered the mushroom risotto. Normally, I'm not a fan but that was delicious too! The second visit, I did order the filet (which was on the menu) and it was OK. I ordered it medium rare and it came out very rare (moo?) The service was great. The atmosphere was very nice. I can highly recommend it. We also ate one night at Sabor. I think it is unfortunate that on both the Navigator and the Liberty, Sabor has no windows. It dampens the atmosphere. They also no longer do the guacamole at your table. Finally, I had really been looking forward to their bacon wrapped chicken appetizers. When I received mine, they were literally cool to the touch. Obviously leftovers that someone forgot to put in the microwave. I hate to send food back, but they were inedible. The second time around, I received them fresh and hot, but the thrill was gone.