Maybe a dumb question, so please don't yell

Spikesgirl

I know nothing about massages, is there one better than the other, or one type you might recommend? Has anyone gotten a facial?

I would start with a Swedish massage.

I would not recommend a deep tissue for your first time. Save that for home when you can recover from it (if need be).

I have never heard of a Bamboo massage. Have to look that up.

I would start with a Swedish massage.

I would not recommend a deep tissue for your first time. Save that for home when you can recover from it (if need be).

I have never heard of a Bamboo massage. Have to look that up.

Agreed. A deep tissue massage can leave one wiped out. If you fail to follow directions to drink a boatload of water afterward you can end up with the mother of all headaches. You can also be pretty sore the next day even if you do drink the water. It's good for many things but I don't find it to be "relaxing".

Agreed. A deep tissue massage can leave one wiped out. If you fail to follow directions to drink a boatload of water afterward you can end up with the mother of all headaches. You can also be pretty sore the next day even if you do drink the water. It's good for many things but I don't find it to be "relaxing".

Also - provide feedback to your Massage Therapist. Tell them if they need to use more or less pressure, etc... Don't just put up with pain if they are using too much pressure. You will regret it the next day! They really are wonderful. And yes, drink water after!

I am underwhelmed with hot stone massages.

i knew nothing about massages... got in on a special... turns out it was deep tissue (and i'm pretty sure nothing told me that!)... holy cow she was strong! i was battered, pushed and pummelled... or at least it felt like it! she kept trying to get the knots out but it hurt! coral is right, it was not relaxing. i kept tensing up. i should have spoken up as i felt bruised for days afterward. i'm not sure it did much good for me. i think i will make sure to have a swedish massage if i ever get the courage to do it again.

Dang it! I don't have the Pamper Me package on my August sailing... I'll keep an eye out for it. In regards to massages, yes, I agree with the others, don't do the deep tissue unless you're OK with the potential pain afterwards. I do suggest the hot stone massage, especially if you tend to have a lot of knots. The heat helps with the process of un-knotting you.

We are long time Princess cruisers, but we have never taken advantage of the Lotus Spa. We have a first time cruiser coming with us this time and we would like to give her a massage package as a welcome aboard gift. However, I don't have a clue what they run.

Could someone ballpark the cost of a massage for me?

Thanks!

You sound like a wonderful friend! I usually do the Swedish Massage(80 min)runs about $220 or the Hot stone massage, the same price. They are much more than shore side in most cases(captive audience) A manicure/Pedicure are much cheaper, but your choice. If I go with you, I'd love the massage, please!