Maybe a dumb question, so please don't yell

Spikesgirl

We are long time Princess cruisers, but we have never taken advantage of the Lotus Spa. We have a first time cruiser coming with us this time and we would like to give her a massage package as a welcome aboard gift. However, I don't have a clue what they run.

Could someone ballpark the cost of a massage for me?

Thanks!

I have an upcoming cruise on the Royal so I looked up the price on my cruise personalizer under "lotus spa reservations". The first price is on a 'sea day' and the second is on a "port day":

Aroma StoneTherapy Massage (75 minutes) - $195/$176

Bamboo Massage (50 minutes) - $159/$143

Bamboo Massage (75 minutes) - $199/$179

Coconut Thai Massage (75 minutes) - $155/$140

Deep Tissue Massage (50 minutes) - $129/$116

Deep Tissue Massage (75 minutes) - $179/$161

Swedish Massage (50 minutes) - $119/$107

Thai Poultice Massage (75 minutes) - $195/$176

I have an upcoming cruise on the Royal so I looked up the price on my cruise personalizer under "lotus spa reservations". The first price is on a 'sea day' and the second is on a "port day":

That's so nice of you to do!

Yep, the personalizer has all the info [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also look under packages in the personalizer. On our last cruise on the Star I bought the "Pamper me" package that included a 50 min massage, day pass to the thermal suite, bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries, for $149. I thought that was a great buy and they allowed me to use the pass to the thermal suite whenever I wanted - not just the same day as the massage.

How much of a gambler are you? Depending on how well the spa is doing during your cruise, the spa manager will often times create specials or treatment packages to entice folks to book times and create some business for them. Generally you see these package offers come with your daily Patter and they usually are offered on port days. If you just feel committed to giving your friend something nice, you can wait until you board and see if anything really good comes up as the days go by and then book it for them. Otherwise you can log into your Cruise Personalizer and pre-book a treatment or package.

I'm enough of a gambler and have seen some decent specials advertised while on board that I might wait and see what is offered once I'm on the cruise.

Also look under packages in the personalizer. On our last cruise on the Star I bought the "Pamper me" package that included a 50 min massage, day pass to the thermal suite, bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries, for $149. I thought that was a great buy and they allowed me to use the pass to the thermal suite whenever I wanted - not just the same day as the massage.

Wondering if the perk you received for the thermal suite for the entire cruise is honored fleet-wide?

That would certainly lead me to cancel the massage I've already booked and purchase this special instead.

A 50 minute Swedish massage will run about $119.00. Log into your personalizer, go to onboard reservations, then Lotus spa services. You will find a complete menu with pricing. It's a little cheaper to book on a port day.

Sadly when I do that, it just brings me up to book a reservation.

Happily you have given me the info I need. I want to give her the on board credits so she can pick what she wants. thanks! :D

You can find all the spa offerings on the Princess website c/w costs. You can pre-purchase or purchase on board.

...VTX-Al

Boy, I've looked and I cannot find anything with prices. However, thanks for coming to my rescue. I will look some more.

:D

This is fabulous and exactly what I needed. thanks so very much!

Wondering if the perk you received for the thermal suite for the entire cruise is honored fleet-wide?

That would certainly lead me to cancel the massage I've already booked and purchase this special instead.

I'm going to check it out, too.

How much of a gambler are you? Depending on how well the spa is doing during your cruise, the spa manager will often times create specials or treatment packages to entice folks to book times and create some business for them. Generally you see these package offers come with your daily Patter and they usually are offered on port days. If you just feel committed to giving your friend something nice, you can wait until you board and see if anything really good comes up as the days go by and then book it for them. Otherwise you can log into your Cruise Personalizer and pre-book a treatment or package.

I'm enough of a gambler and have seen some decent specials advertised while on board that I might wait and see what is offered once I'm on the cruise.

This is one reason why I was thinking about getting her on board credit as opposed to trying to book an appointment for her. I wanted her to be able to pick something that would work for her.

Thanks!

wow, that's a great deal!

Did you book the "Pamper Me' package pre cruise, or did you book it onboard? Was it a special listed in the Princess Patter? There is nothing similar to it offered on our May Star Princess cruise. It sounds like you got a great deal!

I don't recall the exact numbers but the last few days of most cruises we have been on they do offer the "package" deals and have also dropped the price of the standard offerings nearly in half.

They have also roamed the pool areas offering special pricing if you go with them at the time. Know what you want and then watch for the price point you are willing to pay.

This is one reason why I was thinking about getting her on board credit as opposed to trying to book an appointment for her. I wanted her to be able to pick something that would work for her.

Thanks!

I've always seen this to be the case. Specials abound the last day of the cruise...

• 2 months later...

Even if I select to book a service and then select the salon services all I am offered for men is two different shave packages. There is no listing for a haircut for a man. All I need is a quick buzz with a #2 comb on most of my head that still has hair and a #1 on the top (because my wife won't let me totally skin it). Those two with a "no comb attachment" on the nape of the neck takes maybe 5 minutes. There is no up front cost info for that or any other haircut but I would bet they charge at least $40. No... Freaking... Way...

I can't be the only guy who will need a trim during a 28 day cruise but there is zero info on getting that done onboard.