Beverage & wine pkgs

kindwards102

We are a family of 5, who all drink, mostly wine and perhaps a beer or G&T a day. We are on a 10night med cruise this May and want to know what would work best for us in terms of wine/beverage pkgs. We want to take advantage of the 40% off bottles of wine for dinners but need to know if we would have to buy more than 1 drink package for the 5 of us to be able to enjoy wine with dinner. Also have heard that when aboard you can purchase a case of wine in the diningroom for a discount. Has anyone heard of this and do you have more info. We are really at a loss for which way to go. Any advice?? :)

We are a family of 5, who all drink, mostly wine and perhaps a beer or G&T a day. We are on a 10night med cruise this May and want to know what would work best for us in terms of wine/beverage pkgs. We want to take advantage of the 40% off bottles of wine for dinners but need to know if we would have to buy more than 1 drink package for the 5 of us to be able to enjoy wine with dinner. Also have heard that when aboard you can purchase a case of wine in the diningroom for a discount. Has anyone heard of this and do you have more info. We are really at a loss for which way to go. Any advice?? :)

Couple Options:

If one person buys the the beverage package. They can buy all the bottles of wine they like and share it with whomever they want...they can't share any other portion, but bottles can be shared as they like.

Or, buy the silver oe gold wine package once onboard. Set amount of bottled for a discount, details onboard. Essentially, something like 25% off buying them separately.

Or, bring on all the wine you like at embarkation. Each person of age is allowed one bottle of wine/champagne free of corkage fee. Any additional bottles incur a $15 corkage fee per bottle... This can be a money saver, and ensures you have wine you like. Drawback - have to carry it on at embarkation and store it in your cabin(s).. Your room steward will provide glassware and corkscrew...

So, you have options...

Enjoy.

Since everyone is adding their two cents, I'll ante up as well. There is a reason every cruise line I've been on (DCL/RCCL/Princess) does a hard sell with the AIBP. It makes them a ton of money. You are really buying convenience and perceived sense of value.

Understand that pkgs are for 1 but if a person with pkg buys a bottle of wine at dinner are they the only person that can drink that bottle?

No, the person who buys the package can buy all the bottles they want ($100 or less) at 40% off

You can share them with whoever you want. You just can't use you "included" drink privilege for others. You are welcome to buy someone a drink but you would pay for it.

Our friends only get one AIBP and the bottles are purchased for the person who doesn't have the package. The heavier drinker gets the package and the one who drinks less gets bottles purchased for them.

Paying for 5 adults consumption of wine can be expensive though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since everyone is adding their two cents, I'll ante up as well. There is a reason every cruise line I've been on (DCL/RCCL/Princess) does a hard sell with the AIBP. It makes them a ton of money. You are really buying convenience and perceived sense of value.

They loose money on us. Lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

There is a spreadsheet on this board that lets you calculate if the AIBP is worth it for you. You can get wine by the glass on it but basically unless you buy 6 drinks a day it is cheaper to buy by the drink. Of course the included water, juice, soda and the 40% off wine by the bottle complicates this. Not sure if using a one person plan for wine by the glass and getting bottles for the other four people would pay, but you can do this if you want. If they ONLY drink wine, it might. You cannot give them mixed drinks or water from your package, though. They could always buy an individual mixed drink themselves.

I would say that the 'wine package 10 or 12 Bottles ' of wine purchased at a discount is only usually offered on longer cruises than 10 days

Your best bet is if one buys the all inclusive beverage package and then buys bottles of wine to share. They can buy these in the dining room AND at any of the bars. My hubby usually gets the all inclusive package and buys bottles of wines (say 3) for me which our usual bartender keeps in his fridge for me to drink as I wish. We use the same bar each evening

Sent from my iPad using Forums